Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Never doubt George Miller, this looks incredible.
Well, about that...:o

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.33.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.33.07 PM.png

I kid, it's pretty clear that he's far more meticulous with Fury Road/Furiosa but still, you have to respect the versatility.

Never doubt George Miller, this looks incredible.

My favorite version:

Oh yeh I love that one too specially because of MGS if I’m not mistaken.

Well, about that...:o

View attachment 84274
View attachment 84275

I kid, it's pretty clear that he's far more meticulous with Fury Road/Furiosa but still, you have to respect the versatility.
Yeh GM’s love was and has always been the Mad Max franchise. That’s his baby. It was really interesting to hear more about the interesting, tragic, troubled and successful backstory behind the Mad Max movies and Fury Road itself. Check out the video below:

Btw this is GM record when it comes to the Mad Max franchise:

Rotten Tomatoes
Mad Max - 89%
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior - 93%
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - 81%
Mad Max: Fury Road - 97%

The plain RT score just partially tells the story, now the Average Score is always much more indicative of the overall quality of the films:

Mad Max - 7.7 out of 10
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior - 8.4 out of 10
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - 6.5 out of 10
Mad Max: Fury Road - 8.6 out of 10

Once again Digital-Digest has the new trailer in higher quality - without any crappy compression artifacts - than you'll see anywhere else in a high-bitrate 4K file clocking in at over a gigabyte.

1UXF.gif

Yeh GM’s love was and has always been the Mad Max franchise. That’s his baby. It was really interesting to hear more about the interesting, tragic, troubled and successful backstory behind the Mad Max movies and Fury Road itself. Check out the video below:

He doesn't have anywhere near the amount of films under his belt that Spielberg has, but he has a similarly eclectic filmography. Babe, Happy Feet and Mad Max: Fury Road all having the same director is very amusing.

He doesn't have anywhere near the amount of films under his belt that Spielberg has, but he has a similarly eclectic filmography. Babe, Happy Feet and Mad Max: Fury Road all having the same director is very amusing.

Son, Spielberg hasn't been worthy to wash George Miller's jockstrap in the last 20 years or so.

New trailer is decent, there's a lot of very jarring CGI and it doesn't look as spectacular as Fury Road, but I'm still interested.

Can anyone see the like to dislike ratio on YouTube? I know that the first trailer had a 90% approval rate so I wonder what the ratio/approval rate is for this one. Imo it’s a much better trailer than the first so I do wonder how it’s pacing on that platform.

EDIT: @Filmfreak I wonder if you could help me with that since you were able to see it and post it last time. Thanks in advance. ;)

Last edited:
In the latest trailer for #Furiosa, we see #AnyaTaylorJoy using the famous "Apache Revolver", named after the famous gang that terrorized Paris in the "Roaring Twenties".

GJMYmduWQAEnV6V

So 3 weapons in 1… that thing is gnarly.

One thing is for sure if for some reason Mad Max: Fury Road wasn’t your cup of tea which is mind boggling from my perspective then Furiosa won’t likely be your cup of tea either. Not least because it has a female protagonist and will focus on her backstory. I’ve already seen some of the usual suspects stiring the pot which doesn’t surprise me, so expect everything imaginable to be used as cannon fodder against this film.

For me personally this looks better and more inspired than most of what is regurgitated by Hollywood nowadays. I’ll always have time for another Mad Max film. 🙂

Yeah, I’m sure some sexists shot their mouths off back when Fury Road came out but the Misogyn-o-sphere wasn’t half as vocal as it is today. When Madame Web came out, I watched a couple negative reviews of it on YouTube and suddenly my feed was full of videos by chauvinistic pigs saying crap about how movie studios “will never learn” that female-led action movies “will always bomb” or whatever. As if Madame Web’s problem wasn’t that it was crappy movie; no, it was bad because it had female leads. I’m sure the same A-holes are already coming for this movie too. How dare they steal the Mad Max franchise and make it about a woman! Don’t they know these movies are for men! Ugh. I just hope the movie is really good and their BS gets completely drowned out.

Yeah, I’m sure some sexists shot their mouths off back when Fury Road came out but the Misogyn-o-sphere wasn’t half as vocal as it is today. When Madame Web came out, I watched a couple negative reviews of it on YouTube and suddenly my feed was full of videos by chauvinistic pigs saying crap about how movie studios “will never learn” that female-led action movies “will always bomb” or whatever. As if Madame Web’s problem wasn’t that it was crappy movie; no, it was bad because it had female leads. I’m sure the same A-holes are already coming for this movie too. How dare they steal the Mad Max franchise and make it about a woman! Don’t they know these movies are for men! Ugh. I just hope the movie is really good and their BS gets completely drowned out.
What's most ironic and frustrating about those ******** is that they pretend like characters such as Ripley or Sarah Connor are "different" when in reality they just view those characters and films with nostalgic lenses as if their current sexist views don't apply to those movies because it was a different time period. The reality is if those characters were created today, those same folks would screaming their heads off about how much they hate strong female leads. Heck, the original Star Wars had Leia talking down to Han multiple times and ironically they have no problem with that. They're all a bunch of idiots.

What's most ironic and frustrating about those ******** is that they pretend like characters such as Ripley or Sarah Connor are "different" when in reality they just view those characters and films with nostalgic lenses as if their current sexist views don't apply to those movies because it was a different time period. The reality is if those characters were created today, those same folks would screaming their heads off about how much they hate strong female leads. Heck, the original Star Wars had Leia talking down to Han multiple times and ironically they have no problem with that. They're all a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, exactly. Nothing they say should be taken seriously.

Hollywood is not blameless though, because it still doesn't have much faith in female led films. They decide to greenlight half-ass projects that no one cares about or others that are doomed to fail because they employ ****ty writers and/or directors like with Madame Web. Or they completely mess with the film in post production, like with The Marvels. That gives misogynists an excuse to employ their toxic narratives. It's almost as if executives want these projects to fail so that they can put the blame in female characters and continue to undermine them.

Hollywood is not blameless though, because it still doesn't have much faith in female led films. They decide to greenlight half-ass projects that no one cares about or others that are doomed to fail because they employ ****ty writers and/or directors like with Madame Web. Or they completely mess with the film in post production, like with The Marvels. That gives misogynists an excuse to employ their toxic narratives. It's almost as if executives want these projects to fail so that they can put the blame in female characters and continue to undermine them.
Hey Filmfreak can you check the like to dislike ratio in the new Furiosa trailer? I feel like it should be even better than the 90% of the first trailer.

I generally agree with the assessment here and I bet people are going to be surprised when they see the behind the scenes stuff from Furiosa, like the cars, sets, stunts… I think a lot of people are going to be surprised with how much of it is indeed real.

WB should be making an effort to put out all those vehicles, sets, stunts… out so that the public can have a look at those beforehand so that some already established myths can be dismantled before they do further damage to the film’s reputation.

Last edited:

Yeah, for sure. I don’t know that they want them to fail but I think it’s more that they greenlight stuff like Madame Web that no one is interested in, thinking that it will be a hit because of the Spider-Man connection and then when it fails (because they hire bad writers and because it’s not something audiences were interested in), they go into blame mode and just point the finger at the women.

The Marvels… I think what happened there was that they were worried about misogynist backlash to Captain Marvel (and Brie Larson specifically) so they thought making the second movie a team-up would negate some of that. The problem with that logic though was that the D+ shows weren’t seen by as many people as they’d hoped (I think Ms. Marvel, good as it was, had very poor viewership and Monica was mostly a side character in WandaVision) and adding those characters to the film didn’t really inject much more interest. Plus, I think the film flopping was also the result of superhero fatigue setting in, as well as some lackluster promotion (and the movie just kinda being average). Disney should have just ignored the incels and made Captain Marvel 2 while the iron was hot, and then maybe tried to do a team-up movie later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"