Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

DEADLINE - ‘Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga’ Confirmed For Cannes Film Festival

“The idea of this prequel has been with me for over a decade,” said Miller. “I couldn’t be more thrilled to return to the Festival de Cannes – along with Anya, Chris and Tom – to share Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga. There is no better place than La Croisette to experience this film with audiences on the world stage.”
The festival paid tribute to the Mad Max franchise.
Mad Max (1979), Mad Max II: The Challenge(1981), Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome (1985),Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024): in 5 episodes and in almost 5 decades, George Miller has created a cathartic myth, even a cathartic mythology,” it declared.

“Mad Max is a chronicle of societal and environmental collapse, playing with genre codes to question these themes, initially visionary and now cruelly topical. Originally filmed in the Australian Outback, this revisited “Western on wheels” describes a dystopian world where speed and movement are just as synonymous with life energy as with death as a result of resource depletion, offering the viewer a dose of adrenaline rarely equalled on the big screen.”
*Tom Burke

Last edited:
GJNTDUpWwAAqQ8f

Oh ok. That makes a lot of sense to me now.

That’s why some of the visuals have a dreamlike/nightmarish look to them… also some scenes are definitely flashbacks and others seem to be haunting her throughout her journey. There’s a sheen throughout the footage that almost invoked a myth/legend quality to it and the narration from the History Man at the end definitely accents the idea that this is a story being told and with that comes mistery, flourishes, exageration…

where-must-we-go-we-who-wander-this-wasteland-in-search-of-v0-tnewz9jst6zb1.png

In FR we just had that quote at the end while in the trailer we already hear him describe the events and now we know he’ll be telling us the audience and the people of the Wasteland her story. 👍

Last edited:
Furiosa spin off I wanted but I definitely wanted a Fury Road sequel with Tom Hardy back as Max Rockatansky

These guys are so good and the video was a gold nugget. Loved the enthusiasm. :D It’s in Portuguese but give it a try with the subtitles because it’s a lot of fun with the clips, memes, gifs… 👍👍

Collider
1. 'Mad Max: Fury Road' (2015)

Mad Max: Fury Road is an action masterpiece set in a dystopian wasteland, where Max Rockatansky (Tom Hardy) joins the fearless Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron) who rebels against a tyrannical ruler, Immortan Joe. The film was a critical and commercial success, culminating in its six Academy Award wins.

Junkie XL's score is a powerful pulsating energy of relentless intensity, perfectly complementing the film's high-octane action. His use of strong percussion, distorted guitars and haunting melody enriched the film's visuals. The score's omission from the Oscars was widely viewed as a snub as the music played a huge part in the film. This summer, Junkie XL is coming back to the Wasteland to score Furiosa: A Mad Max Sagastarring Anya-Taylor Joy.

My Top 10 shots in the trailer.

1. Etched in memory
GJIO2_-WYAE5omm

2. The ultimate shot
GJDSaCFWcAACPuU

3. Skulls on fire
GJDVKHgXQAAuC5n

4. The red, the black, the face…
GJDVQJoW4AE5x-j

5. The night blue sky
GJDSmcFWEAAKjVo

6. The Wasteland horde
GJIPKDfW4AEq7no

7. The usual suspects
GJDS2A9XIAAH1ML

8. Nighttime
GJDSmcOXUAAPAmV

9. Lisan al Gaib
GJDVKHjWQAEV7av

10. Black & Chrome edition
GJDSEPkWAAAjs0I

Hey guys/gals have you been to the theatre recently? Did the new Furiosa trailer played in front of whatever you were watching? Did it look and sounded good?

I’ve seen reports online that the first trailer played well on the big screen so I wondered how this new one played because it has a much more grand appeal to it imo.

Also i was able to secure a viewing of Fury Road on the big screen which I’m super pumped for. 👍 I saw that they were playing the film around the globe in select theaters previous to Furiosa’s release so I wonder if I could find something which I did and I’m so pumped for that even though I just recently saw FR again. :D

But yeh in the big screen with the sound and all should be a nice treat and I’ve heard that people had a blast watching it on theaters so I’m looking forward to check it out for myself. 🙂

Last edited:
CinemaCon

Monday, April 8th
12:30PM - 2:30PM

Award Presentations

International Career Achievement in Filmmaking – George Miller (“Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga”)
(As part of the award presentation there will be a special fireside chat with this legendary filmmaker)
Tuesday, April 9th
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM

WARNER BROS. PICTURES INVITES YOU TO “THE BIG PICTURE”, A SPECIAL PRESENTATION OF ITS UPCOMING SLATE
(Doors open at 3:30pm)

(The use of cameras or any electronic devices – audio or video – is strictly prohibited. Please completely power down your mobile devices before the start of the presentation.)

I expect to see more Furiosa content then. Fury Road had a very busy April marketing-wise with a lot of TV Spots, images, covers, featurettes… so I think April shouldn’t be much different for Furiosa as well in that regard.

Brand new Korean TV Spot with new footage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"