Mafia: Definitive Edition (Remake)

Galactus123

Sidekick
Reaction score
Mafia: Definitive Edition has been announced:
Buy Mafia: Definitive Edition - Microsoft Store

Available August 28th, 2020

Part one of the Mafia crime saga - 1930s, Lost Heaven, IL Re-made from the ground up, rise through the ranks of the Mafia during the Prohibition era of organized crime. After a run-in with the mob, cab driver Tommy Angelo is thrust into a deadly underworld. Initially uneasy about falling in with the Salieri crime family, Tommy soon finds that the rewards are too big to ignore.

Play a Mob Movie: Live the life of a Prohibition-era gangster and rise through the ranks of the Mafia.

Lost Heaven, IL:

Recreated 1930's cityscape, filled with interwar architecture, cars and culture to see, hear and interact with.

Re-Made Classic: Faithfully recreated, with expanded story, gameplay and original score. This is the Mafia you remembered and much more.

Own Mafia: Definitive Edition to unlock Tommy’s Suit and Cab in both Mafia II and Mafia III Definitive Editions.

apps.26846.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.d9439621-91dd-4afd-80c6-0825d8f8ad61

apps.32471.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.78f6a377-c5d7-4184-abfa-356d58fc720f

apps.37254.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.f57b7b32-dd9b-4821-b493-e9b907921cd4

apps.32170.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.9f39196c-4f6c-478a-81e7-21c2894473d9

More sceenshots on the site. Mafia II and III are also getting remastered:

They will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Steam and Epic logos can be seen in the trailer. This is awesome news. I never expected a full remake of the first Mafia game.

Damn... I'm definitely getting the first, and best, Mafia.

I hope the end result won't be like the third game...

The third game is meh but love the first two. Mafia II being my favorite! Despite the 3rd one, it will be nice to have all 3 as a collection and remastered

Wait, are the three games being released separately?

Looks good. I've not actually played any of the original games though.

New info and trailer:

Mafia: Definitive Edition revealed

Mafia: Definitive Edition is a total remake of the beloved classic that started it all.

In 2002, Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven established itself as an instant classic, with its cinematic storytelling akin to the greatest mobster movies, an immersive 1930s city full of authentic details, and tense action scenes that thrust you into the life of a gangster during the Prohibition Era. Now, the beloved, critically acclaimed original is being completely remade from the ground up as Mafia: Definitive Edition, coming to PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on August 28, 2020, as well as the Epic Games Store at a later date. Mafia: Definitive Edition will be available on its own and as the centerpiece of the newly announced Mafia: Trilogy and its definitive organized crime saga.

Mafia: Definitive Edition tells the story of Tommy Angelo, a hardworking cab driver who's scraping by in the American city of Lost Heaven circa 1930. One fateful night, Tommy has an inadvertent brush with the Italian Mafia that showcases a life of reward too big to ignore. Now he's embedded in the brutal world of organized crime, doing jobs for Don Salieri's organization as it wars with the vicious Morello crime family. As Tommy, you'll have to establish yourself in Lost Heaven's treacherous underworld, where all is not as it seems—including who your friends and foes really are.

Rather than a straight port of the original Mafia to modern platforms, Mafia: Definitive Edition is a faithful remake that enhances the 2002 classic in every way, delivering an experience that's even better than you remember. The beautiful presentation, with stunning visuals that are 4K/HDR-ready and a sweeping soundscape featuring an original score, breathe new life into this vision of organized crime in 1930s America. Lifelike cutscenes present Mafia's narrative like never before, with Tommy's gripping story faithfully captured and expanded to give insights into characters we only got to glimpse in the original game. And the immersive gameplay has been updated to entertain newcomers and old-school fans alike, with added features like a larger Lost Heaven to explore, motorcycles introduced as a new vehicle type, collectibles to seek out, and much more.

Mafia II: Definitive Edition was released today and you get it for free if you own it on Steam:
An Offer You Can’t Refuse: 2K Announces Mafia: Trilogy

Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be automatically granted to all existing owners of Mafia II on Steam today at no additional cost. Additionally, all existing Mafia III owners on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to Mafia III: Definitive Edition today at no additional cost. Customers who own a combination of titles will receive special reduced-price upgrade offers to complete their trilogy via in-game menus within each of the Mafia titles.

Got the DE for Mafia 2 on Steam. Now just waiting for Mafia in August...

Yeah I just bought the Trilogy on PSN.

Oh my... The theme song playing at the end of the trailer reminds me of fond memories of the original. :csad:

Considering they're re-doing the cutscenes and dialogues, I'm afraid they've screwed up the story/writing...

I am wondering if I should get this as I love this kind of open world games... and of course if I play one game then I have to play the other two. Though the metacritic ratings are stopping me to try one game.

From the first game to the third game, Is there a lot to do aside from the main story?

I am wondering if I should get this as I love this kind of open world games... and of course if I play one game then I have to play the other two. Though the metacritic ratings are stopping me to try one game.

From the first game to the third game, Is there a lot to do aside from the main story?
The first two games are not open-world like GTAV. They're more like big sandboxes where you can free-roam to do secondary missions, commit bank robberies, car thefts, etc.

The first game is a classic. Sure it has outdated graphics, but the solid story/action and sublime soundtrack are worth it. Second game is decent, but a step down from the first. There's a Director's Cut that apparently makes the game better (a lot of content was originally cut if I remember correctly).

I won't speak of Mafia III.

Some streamers got to play the game yesterday. There is a lot of gameplay on Youtube:

Main menu says this about the classic difficulty:

-Enemies are lethal
-Police respond to more crimes
-Fewer UI indicators
-Ammunition left in the clip is lost when reloading

I think it looks good even though the graphics doesn't hold up to the recent big open world games. I might get it once its on sale.

Looking forward to it. Loved the original back in the day. I got the digital definitive edition trilogy on psn.

Still odd that their releasing a physical edition of the trilogy overseas but not in America. It’s whatever just a little odd though.

Digital Foundry: Mafia Definitive Edition: A Stunning Remake Showcased At 4K - PC Early Hands-on:

It's an understatement to call it a Definitive Edition. This Mafia remake reinvents a 2002 game with new controls, and brings its visuals up to date with photo-realistic materials and lighting - plus new facial capture tech. Tom had time with a PC preview build - pushing a GTX 1080 Ti to stunning 4K

I've been watching the videos of this from Radbrad,even though there's like a white cast, it looks great. I'm tempted toget this at the end of the month.

I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed if you do buy it but that’s just my opinion.

I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed if you do buy it but that’s just my opinion.
Yeah I hope so. The map is large enough from what I saw. I already added it in my waitlist.

The last two open world games I played (Death Stranding, Infamous Second Son). I was disappointed with those, thats why I'm picking up the next Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed right away as I've been itching to play an open world game that I would enjoy for weeks.

But the only thing is the original Mafia and Mafia 2 didn’t have side quests if I remember but I do think Mafia 3 does have a few.

I never played Mafia 3 even though my cousin said the story is great. I just never got around to playing it.

That’s why I got the trilogy edition so I can play the Mafia: Definitive Edition and Replay Mafia 2 again since I haven’t played it since it first came out and the DLC for it too and play Mafia 3 and it’s DLC for the first time

But I’m planning to play the games in order once Mafia: DE comes out.

I do know that they did add a few more original story missions to Mafia: DE but that’s bout it I think.

So basically Mafia: DE and Mafia 2: DE are basically straight main story missions with DLC for 2 and 3. If you haven’t played the other games and your thinking about buying the trilogy.

I personally think it wasn’t bad paying full price and you get 3 games but that’s just me lol.

Last edited:
Bought the collection the second it went up after the first screenshots for this completely blew me away. Absolutely love Mafia 2 & even 3 but have never gone back to play the first game since I'd have to play it on PS2 and heard the original port was pretty bad. Everything I see of the game makes me more and more hyped but I'm avoiding the new streams for the most part to save as much spoilers as possible for a game this old, haha.

One nitpick that does bug me a bit though is that Tommy's animations are straight up ripped from Lincoln Clay in Mafia 3. I get that it's probably easier to do this way but something feels off about it. I feel like Tommy and Lincoln are such different characters that should be reflected in the way they move/shoot, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"