Magneto and "The Cure"

C

Chaplin1914

First of all, forgive me if this has been discussed already.

I saw X-Men III for the second time tonight with 3 other people who had not seen it yet. At the very end when Magneto is "cured" and playing chess, it looked to me BOTH times that he moved the one piece with his power and then it flashed to the credits.

All 3 of my friends SWEAR up and down that the piece never moved and that scene was to show how defeted he was, once he was able to move The Golden Gate Bridge and now he cannot even move a chess piece.

Which is it? I still swear that I saw it move by itself. Perhaps this is like the last shot of PSYCHO where people swear they saw Mother's skull on Norman's face and others swear they didn't.

it moves very slightly, yes.

Awesome, I was right then. Was it intentional that they cut away to the credits so quick so some people would see it and other would not.

Chaplin1914 said:
Awesome, I was right then. Was it intentional that they cut away to the credits so quick so some people would see it and other would not.

It was a definite tease shot! Many people didn't see the firebird at the end of X2 too, I remember a few of my friends missed it. That X3 chess scene was great!

The-Cure-Disintegration-800x600.jpg

:thing: :doom: :thing:

patrickbateman said:
so the whole CURE THING is fake ??

I don't think so. Rogue and Mystique remained cured.

I think that Magneto is just too powerful for the cure.

I still don't think any mutant was truly cured in the movie.

You can't cure someone when there's nothing wrong with them. And as for "it would make the cure events in the movie pointless", I don't think so. I think the point was, as I said, that you can't be cured if there's nothing wrong with you in the first place.

I have a theory that the cure does not remove the powers but only surpresses it somewhat,with it's main purpose being to disascociate the body and/or mind from the powers.In other words,it makes the body foget it has powers.

yah the chess piece moved...jee whiz it promises us another x-men movie wich in my opinion is not good:(

Secret_Riddle said:
yah the chess piece moved...jee whiz it promises us another x-men movie wich in my opinion is not good:(

I wouldn't say it necessarily promises another x-movie, but it certainly leaves the door open a bit. And it could play into the Magneto solo project as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"