Magog

Roughneck

Avenger
Reaction score
Y'know, the guy from Kingdom Come. has he been introduced into the current DCU? I think I remember seeing him on a cover a few years back...though he was just called Gog.

Can anyone give me the skinny on this?

Gog was intoduced in "The Kingdom," which was a lameass, worthless, POS excuse for a sequel to Kingdom Come. It was basically a story that tried to fit Kingdom Come into the DCU continuity by showing it to be a "possible" future contigent on hypertime. You see, hypertime was basically DC's way of reintroducing the multiverse. An endless stream of possibilities where anything could happen (this is where Elseworlds apparently came from, even though Elseworlds stories were written years upon years before DCU came up with this hypertime business).

Anyway, Gog was this kid who was saved by the Kingdom Come Superman and as a result, grew up worshipping the Man of Steel. He was so zealous that he built a Superman church. Superman showed up, gave him the whole "I'm not God, stop worshipping me and do something worth a crap with your life" speech and then Shazam and a bunch of other immortals decided to endow this human with superhuman power (I don't remember they're rationale for this, but I do remember it being stupid). So Gog decided to spend the his life going back in time one day at a time and killing Superman over and over and over again. Later he steals the child Superman and Lois have together and names him Magog. It appears that this Magog child will then become the Magog we saw in Kingdom Come, but its never fully explained, and by the end of the story, you probably won't care anymore because there's a huge chunk of it where the big 3 (Supes, Bats and Wondy) don't even appear, and instead we're treated to side stories about the children of superheroes; most of which suck. The story about Ibn X'Uffasch, the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, is the only worthwhile part of the whole stupid arc.

Anyway, since The Kingdom links KC Continuity and the "real" DC continuity together, Gog has been (unfortunately) permitted to appear in Superman comics since, but as far as I know, Magog never has.

ToddIsDead said:
Gee, Kingdom sounds just delightful.

Oh yeah, it's great. And I even left out the "Planet Krypton" restaurant, The Flash (Wally) running around in his regular Flash costume but wearing Jay's Mercury helmet, and Plastic Man transforming into a pillow just so he could spy on his idiot son as he tries to get it on with a girl.

gog's appearance in the mainstream dcu was written by...let's not forget here...chuck austen. what does that tell you?

That-Guy said:
Anyway, Gog was this kid who was saved by the Kingdom Come Superman and as a result, grew up worshipping the Man of Steel. He was so zealous that he built a Superman church.

Anyway, since The Kingdom links KC Continuity and the "real" DC continuity together, Gog has been (unfortunately) permitted to appear in Superman comics since, but as far as I know, Magog never has.

Gog's origin was retconned so that he was saved by the current Superman from the Topeka, Kansas disaster caused during the battle with Imperiex. he grew up studying time travel in order to return to the past and save his parents but over time came to despise Superman for not saving them in the first place.

Dan Didio has said that Hypertime is gone from the DCU (i.e. no longer in continuity).

Wow. I was way off....not that I knew anything.

Thanks

chuck austin was trying to make a ne wvillan for the superman comics but instead he was fired before he could do so and every one is confused

That-Guy said:
Gog was intoduced in "The Kingdom," which was a lameass, worthless, POS excuse for a sequel to Kingdom Come. It was basically a story that tried to fit Kingdom Come into the DCU continuity by showing it to be a "possible" future contigent on hypertime. You see, hypertime was basically DC's way of reintroducing the multiverse. An endless stream of possibilities where anything could happen (this is where Elseworlds apparently came from, even though Elseworlds stories were written years upon years before DCU came up with this hypertime business).

Anyway, Gog was this kid who was saved by the Kingdom Come Superman and as a result, grew up worshipping the Man of Steel. He was so zealous that he built a Superman church. Superman showed up, gave him the whole "I'm not God, stop worshipping me and do something worth a crap with your life" speech and then Shazam and a bunch of other immortals decided to endow this human with superhuman power (I don't remember they're rationalefor this, but I do remember it being stupid). So Gog decided to spend the his life going back in time one day at a time and killing Superman over and over and over again. Later he steals the child Superman and Lois have together and names him Magog. It appears that this Magog child will then become the Magog we saw in Kingdom Come, but its never fully explained, and by the end of the story, you probably won't care anymore because there's a huge chunk of it where the big 3 (Supes, Bats and Wondy) don't even appear, and instead we're treated to side stories about the children of superheroes; most of which suck. The story about Ibn X'Uffasch, the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, is the only worthwhile part of the whole stupid arc.

Your correct in some of the parts of the Story. There are 8 storys:

The Kingdom #0 - the story of Gog ( everything u said was correct but u left somepart like why Gog turnd evil. His hatred of Superman became strong after Clark flys into the church and tells him that he is not God and to stop worshiping him and he also tells Gog that He (Superman) was responsable for the destruction of Kansas. Thats when it all went to hell.

The Kingdom 1 (#1) - is just a extend of #0 where Supermen of diffrent multiverse are being killd and send to purgatory. Each Supermen are being killd in diffrent dates and time and are greeted by Deadman where they try to figureout why Gog is doing this. At the end we see the birth of Superman and Wonder Woman (not Lois). The baby is taken by Gog and all the JLA ( Kingdom Come) comes to safe the baby but the baby is taken by Gog and then we see Gog in the Kent Farm and he trys to recreat the distruction of Kansas.

The Kingdom 1 (#2) - Kid Flash- We meet Wallys daughter and his son. The story revolves arownd his daugther that has taken the mantel of Kid Flash.

The Kingdom 1 (#3) - Offspring - We meet the son of plasticman

The Kingdom 1 (#4) - Nightstar- Story of the daughter of Starfire and Nightwing (Red Robin)

The Kingdom 1 (#5) - Planet Krypton - This is partof the story where the Planet Krypton restaurant is introduced and of of the employs gets special powers (I think she gets to play Supergirl)

The Kingdom 1 (#6) - Son of the Bat - Here we meet Ibn al Xu'ffasch. he is the son of Batman and Talia. He is rised by Ra's Al Ghul. He also has a thing with Nightstar

Note: In between the storys we get to see the Linear Men recrute all this new heroes for the final battle. And we also get to see a strange figure that talks to the Gods.

The Kingdom 2 (#7) - Final Issue - This is just the continuation of The Kingdome 1 (#1) where Gog takes Superman son and ends up in Kansas. Here we see the Superman of this timeline ( Regular Superman) trying to save the Kents and then Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (Regular Timeline) come to help but Gog proves to be 2 much.Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (Kingdom Come) come to help the almost defeated heroes and explain the setuation. At the end is a fight between Gog the new recrutes and Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (KC/our Timeline) in Planet Krypton restaurant where they use the suveniers in the restaurand to defeat Gog ( The Suveniers are the real thing). In the verry end we get to meet the Son of Superman and Wonder Woman all grown up ( He has Silver Hair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"