Man of Steel does have kryptonite

Light bulb thread. I can dig the idea. Don't know how they'll use it though. Have Lex trick him into going into a room with a replicated Kryptonian environment? I'll pass. I thought the same at first when I saw MOS. No need for the hate, it's heavily debatable and can sustain it's own thread.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they portray Batman now -- if he is the antagonist in the film then we really have the potential of seeing Batman infiltrating this world of MoS -- he creates the Kryptonite, the only weapon against the Kryptonians -- and this immediately places his role in the continuity as one of the most intelligent and formidable forces to deal with. To draw parallels with the DKR it'd mean that the govt would really have someone to fear in this masked crusader who has bested even the Man of Steel. We see lingering nods to John Byrne's MoS issue where Bats & Supes meet up, their initial antagonisms, their mutual alliance, and ulitmately their inevitable encounter at Crime Alley where the kryptonite is exposed the most and Clark is faced with an even greater threat than before because not only is he careful on not killing anyone this time, not only is he alone facing certain death, but he's actually getting beaten by a mere human being.

Thematically, Kryptonite could be the next big addition to the Superman cinematic franchise by putting in the Dark Knight's fingers...

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they portray Batman now -- if he is the antagonist in the film then we really have the potential of seeing Batman infiltrating this world of MoS -- he creates the Kryptonite, the only weapon against the Kryptonians -- and this immediately places his role in the continuity as one of the most intelligent and formidable forces to deal with. To draw parallels with the DKR it'd mean that the govt would really have someone to fear in this masked crusader who has bested even the Man of Steel. We see lingering nods to John Byrne's MoS issue where Bats & Supes meet up, their initial antagonisms, their mutual alliance, and ulitmately their inevitable encounter at Crime Alley where the kryptonite is exposed the most and Clark is faced with an even greater threat than before because not only is he careful on not killing anyone this time, not only is he alone facing certain death, but he's actually getting beaten by a mere human being.

Thematically, Kryptonite could be the next big addition to the Superman cinematic franchise by putting in the Dark Knight's fingers...
I doubt that Batman will create Kryptonite.
That would make it artificial.

I don't think so... kryptonite affects superman and weaks him more than the red sun(that only put him as a human) and could kill him with it's radiation..

To me green Kryptonite significantly weakens him and poison (kills him slowly over time) him. Red solar radiation completely depowers him but doesn't poison him.

If green Kryptonite was that powerful the some one like Metallo could kill Superman with one punch once exposed to the rock.

I doubt that Batman will create Kryptonite.
That would make it artificial.

Kryptonite used to be the rare irradiated fragments of Krypton -- it is already tampered material; and didn't both Batman and Luthor synthesize the rock several times in the comics before?

question: how do they know kryptonite will weaken superman?

Batman figures it out. It takes Clark --and everyone else who conceive of him being invincible-- by surprise.

EDIT: as for how Batman figures it out? Again, he doesn't until he tests it on the field. He risks his neck on it. This is science-savvy Batman.

Batman figures it out. It takes Clark --and everyone else who conceive of him being invincible-- by surprise.

EDIT: as for how Batman figures it out? Again, he doesn't until he tests it on the field. He risks his neck on it. This is science-savvy Batman.

Really? It sounds too stupid for batman.
N in MOS version, I don't think CLark knows about the effect of K on him. Or is there K in the MOS universe?

Really? It sounds too stupid for batman.
N in MOS version, I don't think CLark knows about the effect of K on him. Or is there K in the MOS universe?

I finally got around to making the gif images showing the origins of Kryptonite in MOS. I tryed explaining the scene before but most people just over looked it. Here it is in all its glorry.

1BGahw7.gif

87nRoq0.gif

When Zod warped way from Krypton they sucked some debris from the planet with them. Then when the came out of the warp the debris got scattered. This happens right before they find the World engine on that dead Kryptonian outpost. The only problem i see with that is that the only way for that debris to reach earth is for that outpost to be somewhere in our solar system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"