Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend is FAKE FAKE FAKE!

Waiting to see how Fox News finds a way to blame this scandal on Obama...

Yeah, that is true. It would be really interesting then to see where he ends up in the NFL draft. Some teams would probably shy away from drafting him, citing the scandal as the reason (even though we would all know that's not the case).

The Jets would still take him

Waiting to see how Fox News finds a way to blame this scandal on Obama...
I'm waiting to see how conspiracy theorists connect this to the Sandy Hook shooting.

Look out folks. ESPN has Jeremy Schaap staking out Te'o's residence in Florida! If anyone can get the answers it's Schaap, an Emmy award winner famous for jumping an elderly and senile Bobby Fischer in Iceland.

Look out folks. ESPN has Jeremy Schaap staking out Te'o's residence in Florida! If anyone can get the answers it's Schaap, an Emmy award winner famous for jumping an elderly and senile Bobby Fischer in Iceland.

[YT]px2PoGr0AkE[/YT]

It must be a slow news day. Either that, or they realized that no one really cares about the Lance Armstrong interview tonight.

I think if he is in fact gay and did this to hide it, then he should just come clean. But at the same time, I can understand why he wouldn't. He would gain support from the gay community, and he would be made to look like a victim, but at the same time, you risk being alienated by in the pro level. I mean, I could see it being similar to when Magic Johnson came back after revealing he was HIV positive. There were so many people against him playing because they were scared. Even though homosexuality is more accepted today, I could still see people being hesitant to accept a gay athlete, especially in a contact sport like football. Plus I could see so many people using that against his in the heat of the game.

Not to mention, you risk outrage over the Mormon community. I don't know much about them, but if they're anything like the Christian community, you can expect the fanatics and most vocal member to call for his head and create their own kind of negative publicity. So I can easily see why he would try to avoid all of this, especially at this point where he's not in the league yet, and could risk having his stock drop greatly in the coming months.

Ding ding ding

Being on the cover of the Advocate is great when you're on Broadway, or you're an ex-member of boy band, or just about any profession that doesn't involve male pro sports. As wrong as that is, that is the way things are.

The problem for Manti Te'o is that the Draft is a long three months away and he has the smarmy likes of Jeremy Schaap literally digging through his garbage right now. He's between a rock and a hard place

EDIT: He'll also have to make appearances and go through the vetting process that comes with being a 1st round pick

Last edited:
It must be a slow news day. Either that, or they realized that no one really cares about the Lance Armstrong interview tonight.

They're probably pissed that Armstrong didn't come clean to E:60, in a Sunday Conversation, on Up Close with Roy Firestone, or 20/20 or whatever flagship news magazine passes on ABC these days. So they buried it, and have put their stock in trying to beat TMZ on the inevitable next development in the Te'o story.

Good luck to them in that endevour, since TMZ has a whole fleet of Jeremy Schaap's and Ed Werder's.

Ding ding ding

Being on the cover of the Advocate is great when you're on Broadway, or you're an ex-member of boy band, or just about any profession that doesn't involve male pro sports. As wrong as that is, that is the way things are.

The problem for Manti Te'o is that the Draft is a long three months away and he has the smarmy likes of Jeremy Schaap literally digging through his garbage right now. He's between a rock and a hard place

EDIT: He'll also have to make appearances and go through the vetting process that comes with being a 1st round pick
It's crazy to think about, but the who gay rights things is sort of this generation's version of the civil right/women's rights battle of the last century. The only real difference is that you can hide your sexuality in ways that you can't hide your gender or ethnicity. But it would be interesting to see how the general public reacts to an openly gay pro athlete.

They're probably pissed that Armstrong didn't come clean to E:60, in a Sunday Conversation, on Up Close with Roy Firestone, or 20/20 or whatever flagship news magazine passes on ABC these days. So they buried it, and have put their stock in trying to beat TMZ on the inevitable next development in the Te'o story.

Good luck to them in that endevour, since TMZ has a whole fleet of Jeremy Schaap's and Ed Werder's.
It's funny because the sense that I'm getting is that he didn't really confess, at least not the way that Oprah would have expected, which makes me think that he doesn't really say that he cheated, but rather implied that he did. But they've been hyping that story since Monday, so I'm glad to see they finally moved on from it.

People saying Lance Armstrong was lucky this came up but I feel the opposite. He wanted the spotlight this Te'o story is stealing his thunder.

People saying Lance Armstrong was lucky this came up but I feel the opposite. He wanted the spotlight this Te'o story is stealing his thunder.

This makes me wonder if anything will steal Te'o's thunder

I think Armstrong's interview will intrigue people for a couple of days since its a two day interview. But if Manti speaks before the weekend, he will definitely be the big headline until the games this weekend.

I think this story ironically hits close to home with a lot of nerds, as we've all probably fallen prey to something like this at some point since the advent of online chat.

I think this story ironically hits close to home with a lot of nerds, as we've all probably fallen prey to something like this at some point since the advent of online chat.

Maybe when I was 15 and chatting with a voluptuous blonde co-ed named SexXyHawtie699 on the old AOL chat rooms in the 90's, it's possible that was a deception. But let's be real here, no functioning adult should be this stupid.

He's a kid in college also. And we know they're the epitome of common sense.

The **** is this ****? Makes no sense every time it's explained on my TV (where I learned about it at first).

He's a kid in college also. And we know they're the epitome of common sense.
See that's perfectly understandable. But the fact that he's claimed to have been with her for three years is what kills any rationality there because you figure that they would have met in person at some point during those three years. Not to mention, as Skip Bayless pointed out, Skype is a big thing nowadays, so it would have been impossible for him to say he never met or saw her away from a few chats online.

Did he never even flirt or hang out with actual girls that went to ND? I mean true love is true love and long distance doesn't stop that but still, and if he knew she wasn't real, looks like he would of been cool with cheating.

I think Armstrong's interview will intrigue people for a couple of days since its a two day interview. But if Manti speaks before the weekend, he will definitely be the big headline until the games this weekend.

Ain't gong to spare Armstrong from the ruin and mistrust of everything he's achieved or stood for for the rest of his life and beyond, though.

Last edited:
Okay..... what the **** is going on now?

Lance Armstrong was Teo's real lover....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"