• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Margot Kidder played the best leading lady for a Superhero

MargotFan

Civilian
Reaction score
She had personality and wit as Lois Lane.
Kirsten Dunst was blah as Mary Jane
Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane??? Forget it.
Katie Holmes was oh so boring and too young in Batman Begins
But Margot's performances in the Superman films are memorable and entertaining.

Well, I think I'm in total disagreement with everything you said.
Speaking of the ones you mentionned :
Kirsten Dunst's acting is good but the role is "blah". It suits me fine because I think MJ is "blah" in the comicbook as well. Can't say she is entertaining. So I wasn't shocked to discover she was treated the same in the movies.
Katie holmes was good, IMO, youth isn't a factor of good or bad for me, and I think she was good accoding to the lines she had. No prob for me.
And finally (the most important) Lois Lane :
I found M.Kidder caricatural and laughable throughout the the S. movies. Even scary sometimes, this is L.Lane ? Come on . I hated the character for year because I thought of her each time I read Superman (back in the 80es), until I saw Teri Hatcher (who stand for me as the perfect L.Lane).
Kate bosworth ? I think the lines were not good and didn't allow her to shine as I would have liked but her acting was good, and I like her a lot as L.L. . I don't see Lois Lane that way but I'm waiting for the sequel to be sure.
Until then, Teri will be Lois Lane for me.

Yeah, she was so good you had to dedicate 4 threads to her :up:

She had personality and wit as Lois Lane.
Kirsten Dunst was blah as Mary Jane
Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane??? Forget it.
Katie Holmes was oh so boring and too young in Batman Begins
But Margot's performances in the Superman films are memorable and entertaining.

Kidder was okay. I've never understood what Superman sees in her Lois, though.

Kate Bosworth's Lois was atleast a good mother and very sweet when need be.

Not sure what my opinion is on Kirsten Dunst as MJ.....I think Spider-Man 3 is her best showing because she has something to do other than wonder which guy she really loves and get kidnapped (although she does those two, of course).

Katie Holmes was just out of place in Batman Begins. Plus she looked like an 18-year old to Bale's 30ish Bruce Wayne.

Best leading lady in Superhero film?

http://vivairina****skaya.up.seesaa.net/image/batmanreturnsdvd.jpg

Oh yeah.

Still I liked Kidder.

Dunst and Holmes? Out with their heads.

Ah, good times....

Never really liked Margot Kidder's Lois Lane. She always seemed dense and not all that attractive. She did have one advantage over Bosworth - Kidder at least looked old enough to have been an experienced reporter. Bosworth still looks like a high school cheerleader.

I have to agree. Margot was the only superhero gf who brought something to the movie instead of being kind of an anchor.

Kidder was pretty good as Lois Lane. The only think about her that I took exception with was her looks, as she is somehwat lacking in that deparment, but acting wise, she was very solid, she has all the spunk, tenacity, and demeanor that you would expect from a real life Lois.

In retrospect, I'd place her at 2nd on the list of top leading ladies to star in a SH flick. Number one goes out to Michelle Pfeiffer who I thought was stellar in Returns.

Margot Kidder looked like a wax zombie and her smoker's voice was just plain awful.

Yeah ... and you could use a tuck here and there yourself, sister. Just as Lois told Ursa in Superman 2.

Michelle Pfeiffer was a villainess. Not fair to compare her to a civilian girlfriend. No contest at all.

I still think Margot Kidder is the best Lois Lane there's been. And as for looks, she looks best in Donner's cut of Superman II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"