Runaways Marvel’s Runaways General Discussion

How do they release their episodes? Is it all at once like Netflix?

Nope. They'll be putting up 3 episodes at midnight tonight (PST) or tomorrow morning. Then post one every Tuesday till the season is done.

Nope. They'll be putting up 3 episodes at midnight tonight (PST) or tomorrow morning. Then post one every Tuesday till the season is done.

Awe Shucks! I was thinking about HULU for a month...but for several months...I may just have to wait for find another way!

Last time I went to Hulu (a long time ago, in internet years), it was free to watch stuff. I just went back and it looks like they want me to sign up for a pay plan (with a free trial). Is that the only way to watch it?

I recognize that this is the future...but I have no interest in signing up for a bunch of streaming channels in addition to my Netflix. It all seems exactly like having a hundred cable channels...except you pay them all separately and have to go through a few more steps with your browser etc to change the "channel." And in that case...just bundle them all into a cable package to make it easy for me.

Last time I went to Hulu (a long time ago, in internet years), it was free to watch stuff. I just went back and it looks like they want me to sign up for a pay plan (with a free trial). Is that the only way to watch it?

I recognize that this is the future...but I have no interest in signing up for a bunch of streaming channels in addition to my Netflix. It all seems exactly like having a hundred cable channels...except you pay them all separately and have to go through a few more steps with your browser etc to change the "channel." And in that case...just bundle them all into a cable package to make it easy for me.

Yeah, I remember when Hulu started it was mainly trailers, few random episodes of different shows advertised through hulu, and few free movies here and there with Hulu Plus offering more content if one willing pay for it. I think it's still like this but would have to cancel my 7.99 a month plan to find out.

Here's rundown of options/plans (all really need is basic hulu plus plan to watch runaways):
Free Month Hulu Plus: If haven't subscribed to Hulu ever (or fairly recently), you can just go to the website and start a free trial and you get the first month free. Asks for credit info but you can cancel anytime and not get charged ( just don't cancel right away after sign-up or will not be able to watch anything so just cancel before get billed if wish).

Hulu Plus: 5.99 for the 1st month (limited offer) and 7.99 a month thereafter (few dollars more if not want commercials which only play during TV episodes and not during movies anyway).

Showtime add-on: Works with laptop or other devices 14.99 per month; can select from library of content or if unsure what to select just livestream from the channel; added last year.

Non-Laptop Device plans (replaces cable or satellite) seems to be Hulu's attempt to push beyond a subscription VOD type service:
*More Costly plan would be Hulu TV that just got started this year where can livestream TV channels like can on a regular TV for 39.99 a month or 43.99 no commercials. This works on Android, iOS, Xbox One, Apple TV (4th gen), and Chromecast

HBO or Starz each cost 14.99 if wish to stream or select library of content from either channel can play directly on hulu (can't use on laptop though). Before believe Hulu just routed you to these stations websites where had put in cable subscription code but now don't need that.

Misc. Add-ons:
*14.99 enhanced cloud DVR (upgrade cloud DVR 200 hours and able FF thru commercials)

*14.99 Unlimited Screens

Last edited:
Wow...thanks!!!

My girlfriend keeps holding on to the cable and home phone...but I think I might sign up for the cheaper plan just so I can watch this show and try to nudge her towards eventually getting rid of cable and going with a livestream option.

No problem. Just to clarify, the regular base payment plan used to be called Hulu Plus and is now called "Hulu with Limited Commercial"(not show during movies just tv shows) ; pretty much exact same thing just to distinguish from the no-commercials add-on. The limited commercials is the one can get for free 1 month which will auto-renew at 7.99 if don't cancel (the 5.99 I think is just a promo if someone wants re-subscribe and unable utilize a free month due to having used it up).

Anything else other than that is considered an add-on that will see as navigate around can add or cancel at any time to the regular Hulu plan. Any of these add-on's can be clicked on before purchase to check on the types of devices they run on (some don't run on laptop so just made specific mention of those that don't).

Hulu TV I'm interested in learning more about. It's in Beta Stage but currently offers 50 hours DVR storage (the 200 hrs is an expansion can pick up separate) and access to regular Hulu along with about 50 live channels and plays on 2 screens. Some devices not able do this with yet though.

I like this better than the Punisher, the production values are so much better and the kids are interesting. The Pride, though isn't all that interesting including the actors portraying them.

I watched the first half of episode 1 and so far seems pretty interesting. It seems like the show is focused and story driven so far. It doesn't feel like the Netflix or ABC shows so breaking things up a bit. As long as the show keeps building on each episode, I think it has a lot of potential to build momentum.

Really looking forward to watching this tonight after work! The comic is one of my favorite modern graphic novels of all time. I've been craving a TV series for years, and this is an interesting platform to launch it on.
It looks promising and faithful.

I couldn't stomach Inhumans for more than 3 episodes, so hopefully this makes up for it.

It really surprised me positively, maybe a bit slower than I'd prefer but I can see why.
The characters behave like teenagers mostly, maybe all a bit too much on the smart side.
Not sure it takes place in the MCU, they may want to keep it vague.

Genuinely surprised by the lack of connection to the larger universe. I distinctively remember the comic starting with Alex playing some kind of Marvel rpg or mmo. Heck, it doesn't even seem like they noticed off the bat that their parents are supervillains.

I hate Hulu! I just watched all 3 episodes and now Im left wanting more! Damn them to helL!

Watched the first 3 episodes of Marvel's Runaway's and I am really enjoying it. This is way better than Marvels Inhumans, which is a shame because I love the royal family in the comics. Well anyways I am looking forward to seeing more of this and I would highly recommend doing the free trial when the series has concluded, for those of you that don't want to spring for a paid Hulu service. But the show is definitely worth a watch.

Surfer

Just watched the first two episodes. Enjoying them a lot! Can’t wait to see where this goes.

ok so i just binged all 3 eps released so far....

sorry guys, but this show aint doing it for me :sigh:. the first two eps were really hard to get through and the third one-- if not for the dinosaur-creature-- wouldve really sent me dozing off like what happened with the first two eps. the production quality is really good dont get me wrong, but story-wise.... it felt like the typical run of the mill drama.

i hope the future eps ramp up really quickly because with roughly 10 shows that im following (and then an extra bunch from Netflix or superhero movies), its tough trying to keep this on regular rotation and not get replaced by something else.

I liked it enough to give it a passing grade but yeah I do hope they ramp it up as soon as possible, to make it more suspenseful and eventful.

Loved what I've seen so far. 3rd ep was a bit slow though. They need to start revealing things pretty soon, especially if this is a limited ep season.

I also love the changes from the book and the extra focus on the parents.
Love the chemistry within the cast so much...
...I would also be perfectly happy if they stay together and Gert doesn't die and Alex doesn't betray the group. OR they at least delay it for a few seasons. Season 2 finale: Wilder betrayal. Season 3 finale: Gert death. They changed things on Walking dead and Game of thrones. Why not Runaways.

Have all the episodes been released at the same time like Netflix? How are people seeing later episodes?

It certainly felt different. Mollie feels a bit like a different character.
Molly doesn't really seem that different. She acts almost like her comic version, just aged up a bit.

Chase doesn't seem like a teenager either. Is Karolina going to be a lesbian? She saw two girls kissing each other. Was that what it was for, to hint at what might appeal to her?
Well, in the comics, he is the oldest kid in the group. As for Karolina, I wonder why she stared at the kissing girls... it's a shame the scene didn't make it more any more obvious... Joking aside, of course they are going to, that's what the shot was there for.

I thought the episode was rather slow and took a bit too long to get going. I thought we'd actually see them as runaways by the end of the episode.
It's hard to tell right now. How long do they want to ride the original 18 issues? Are we going to get a cliffhanger of "there's a mole/traitor" in our group or is it going to end the normal way the comics did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"