Runaways Marvel’s Runaways General Discussion

I created three threads for spoiler thoughts. In non-spoiler terms, I enjoyed it a lot. It felt the pacing was a little off because we might have a rushed conclusion. Turns out that we get a pretty major cliffhanger so that doesn't matter. Can't wait for the next season.

I created three threads for spoiler thoughts. In non-spoiler terms, I enjoyed it a lot. It felt the pacing was a little off because we might have a rushed conclusion. Turns out that we get a pretty major cliffhanger so that doesn't matter. Can't wait for the next season.

Although it's a major cliffhanger, it felt a little bit like it ended in the middle of the season. It didn't feel like there was a big confrontation like there was last season where everyone teams up. Any of the other endings to some of the other episodes could easily have been the cliffhanger ending as well.

Yeah, I agree. Season One ended with a very clear change of direction that worked well. This season felt sort of in the middle of things.

I very much enjoyed this season as well. Maybe even more so than Season 1 just because we didn't have to sit through a whole bunch of set up this time around and I thought the pacing was pretty much perfect. Also, what an interesting way to end a season. I absolutely can't wait for Season 3.

Few things bugged me this season.

*Considering they were supposed to be on the run, they seemed to spend alot of time interacting and straight up going back to there parents multiple times in the series.

*Geoff Wilder could have been a bit more cut throat. They really leaned in on the idea that he was a "good guy" deep down, while his wife was the more ruthless of the two.

*I would like them to clearly define there parent skills.They skills all feel the same. Just a bunch of smart people. No time travellers, no parents with powers, and Minoru's don't feel magical at all. Can't we get them to cast a spell or summon some mythical creatures.

*Molly's brattiness was unbearable at a times. I get that she's young but does she have to act stupid too? She really lost me in that Topher arc.

Thing's I liked...

*Switching the Gibborim from the inter dimensional deities to a Scientologist - esque alien worship cult worked better for me than the source material.

*Ok I know I put Molly on my dislikes but when she turned on her silliness, she worked really well. I LMAO when she started dancing on the bed.

*Alex's Ocean 11/Snatch moments when he demonstrates his strategic genius.

Going forward I hope they play up the fantasy elements. More exploration of the supernatural elements surrounding Nico. Chase needs to continue to build tech. I might be asking for too much to see the LeapFrog, but can they at least upgrade a van for the team. And can we PLEASE develop this time travel storyline.

They need to kill off the parents. I get it, they are chasing after them, but the choices to not push them to be more like the comics: actors who are actually aliens, time travelers, Minoru’s actually are magic wielders, etc. has hurt a lot. The weird inclusion of Jonah and not just making him Karolina’s dad and Leslie’s husband is weird too. Things should have been pushed the most they could be in the tone they were trying to set and gave each parent clear pros and cons so that there was a reason they had to work together.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the show, it just feels like things could have been handled better with the parents. In the comics, it all made sense, why they were doing these awful things: to save their kids from being destroyed on earth and being the chosen ones to live on. Here, it’s just really muddled and clear that the writers don’t want to push any parent character so far that they can’t be redeemed.

I will say, Karolinas powers are looking better this season, as do the rest. Hoping there’s a season 3 pickup.

I am currently on episode 6. My goal is to binge to completion today now that I have an off day to do so. So far, way better than season 1.

I am currently on episode 6. My goal is to binge to completion today now that I have an off day to do so. So far, way better than season 1.
If you want, there's a thread for the first five episodes if you want to share your thoughts with spoilers.

I ended up finishing it last night. I will post more extensively later, but in short much better season 2. It does however almost feel like 2 seasons in one (much like Luke Cage season 1 or other various shows). But in this case, both halves were good. It always felt like something was happening. Outside of a few cases of characters being stupid for the sake of the plot and my overall feeling that Alex's characterization was all over the place, I liked this season a lot.

It did feel as if they forgot to give us a season finale though and like they just ran out of episodes or forgot to make the next one. It really did feel like it ended in the middle of the season and that there should be another episode still coming soon, but there's not. Especially when all the episodes ended on cliffhangers anyway.

It's a bit like 24, which always ended on a cliffhanger each episode. Now imagine if one of those suddenly turned out to be the season finale instead of something a bit grander and more epic.

It did feel as if they forgot to give us a season finale though and like they just ran out of episodes or forgot to make the next one. It really did feel like it ended in the middle of the season and that there should be another episode still coming soon, but there's not. Especially when all the episodes ended on cliffhangers anyway.

It's a bit like 24, which always ended on a cliffhanger each episode. Now imagine if one of those suddenly turned out to be the season finale instead of something a bit grander and more epic.

Eh, this felt like the end of a season to me. It just ended on a cliffhanger, which would suck if the show were cancelled, but I am thinking they had feelings it would continue. Look at Smallville. Almost every season ended on a cliffhanger. Whether it be Clark is trapped in the Phantom Zone, Bizarro is unleashed, etc. Just about every season ended on a cliffhanger like that.

Eh, this felt like the end of a season to me. It just ended on a cliffhanger, which would suck if the show were cancelled, but I am thinking they had feelings it would continue. Look at Smallville. Almost every season ended on a cliffhanger. Whether it be Clark is trapped in the Phantom Zone, Bizarro is unleashed, etc. Just about every season ended on a cliffhanger like that.

I know Smallville and other shows ended on cliffhangers like that. But usually everything seemed to build to a climax and there was a major confrontation. With Runaways it felt like it was building to it but hadn't quite reached it. It was almost as if it needed one extra episode to get to that climax and then they could end on a cliffhanger, because this one felt still a bit like something that would've been either a standard episode cliffhanger or even the penultimate episode cliffhanger.

Actually the confrontation at

the dig site where Nico killed Dr Doom and they prevented the ship from taking off felt more like a final showdown for a season finale. I was expecting something more similar to that for the actual finale.

I know Smallville and other shows ended on cliffhangers like that. But usually everything seemed to build to a climax and there was a major confrontation. With Runaways it felt like it was building to it but hadn't quite reached it. It was almost as if it needed one extra episode to get to that climax and then they could end on a cliffhanger, because this one felt still a bit like something that would've been either a standard episode cliffhanger or even the penultimate episode cliffhanger.

Actually the confrontation at

the dig site where Nico killed Dr Doom and they prevented the ship from taking off felt more like a final showdown for a season finale. I was expecting something more similar to that for the actual finale.

It did build to a final confrontation.

The parent come for the kids with their advanced tech. Some get away and some don't. The latter half of the season was building to them doing that, and it happened.

Very uneven season, the motivations of all the characters are muddy and unclear. Would have been better with a more direct adaption of the source material. 6.5/10.

I gave up about halfway through season 2. The acting was just too bad (not everyone, just a few of the main actors) and the characters constantly flipping back and forth in loyalty etc kept me from really investing in any of the hundred or so brief plots that were being thrown at the wall.

I do wonder if the Snap was addressed...but not enough to finish watching the season.

Can we put a moratorium on discussing the snap until after Avengers comes out? It's not that long from now. Assume everything is set pre-snap until we see what the actual consequences are.

Can we put a moratorium on discussing the snap until after Avengers comes out? It's not that long from now. Assume everything is set pre-snap until we see what the actual consequences are.

I doubt there will be any actual consequences...so I guess its best if the tv shows ignore it.

People need to drop the “snap” idea having any repercussion on any of the tv shows. Other than AoS, it probably won’t be addressed.

It won't even be addressed on AoS.

Plus, it's not really all that connected anyway. So the shows don't need to address the snap.

Finally getting around to watching this. S2 should have ended with Jonas. This AWOL business is boring.

A little late but finally... just finished Season Two. I thought it was an improvement over Season One.

In a world with aliens, technological wizardry, dinosaurs... you know, where I draw the line... AWOL. I cringed every time he popped up. I don't mind crooked cops and the strike-team or Strikeforce or whatever they were referred as, but the little segue into AWOL also felt a bit tacked on and kinda to inflate the episode count.

Can someone explain to me why there’s a dinosaur in this show? I get it’s from the comics but I just started season 2 and I still don’t know why they’re dragging around a dinosaur. Seems so random.

What else are they going to do with the Dinosaur?

Anyway, it's a genetically created creature according to the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"