Marvel’s Iron Man VR

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Marvel’s Iron Man VR coming to PlayStation VR in 2019

Marvel’s Iron Man VR is coming to PlayStation VR in 2019. The announcement was made Monday during Sony’s inaugural State of Play streaming presentation.

The trailer for Iron Man VR mostly consists of a combat sequence that takes place in midair. Tony Stark’s plane is ambushed by unknown forces. With the help of his digital assistant, FRIDAY, he leaps from the crippled vessel, dons the Iron Man suit, and goes into action. Players can clearly be seen using their hands to attack enemies with the Iron Man suit’s iconic hand blasters. The trailer also includes cutscenes clearly labeled as “not actual gameplay.”

According to Marvel’s own blog post on the announcement, Stark “confronts ghosts from his past — powerful forces who seek to ruin him and everything he stands for [alongside] iconic allies and Super Villains as they jet around the globe on a heroic mission to save not only Stark Industries, but the world itself.”

Damn I can’t afford VR haha

oh you'll be able to afford it . they will have to come out with a newer version of the vr head set & the older version will go down in price. this being made by former metal gear solid game dev Ryan payton. vic said he's reached out to him for a new interview

hqdefault.jpg

Iron Man VR and Switch Pro! - The Rundown
732 views 8 hours ago Published on 25 Mar 2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news

Today in the Rundown, we discuss the rumours about two new versions of the Nintendo Switch, including a more expensive pro version! We also delve into Apple's big announcement of their own subscription streaming service Apple TV+ to rival Netflix and Hulu. Finally, we have all the big announcements from Sony, including Iron Man VR!

here's the full show below

hqdefault.jpg

Electric Playground Live! - VR News, Shazam, Sekiro - March 25, 2019

576 views 9 hours ago
Today we'll be joined in by musician Adrian Talens to talk about making music for games! We'll also review the new DC movie Shazam, play the new game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice on the PS4, and more!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Last edited:
MUA 3 is coming to the Switch and now this is coming to the PlayStation.

I have neither. Ugh...

I have neither. Ugh...
if those two new modle's for the switch come out they the original should go down too. it'll just depend on what stores still sell them among other things .

I'd love to play an Iron Man game, but I've literally zero interest in ever purchasing VR equipment.

I'd love to play an Iron Man game, but I've literally zero interest in ever purchasing VR equipment.
well most other games that have went vr have reset them's as First person or third person action games . "the evil with in 2 " for example and there was star wars game form the eve universe too it was called CCP's EVE Valkyrie:for Pc ,Oculus Rift & Ps4 Project Morpheus
in the multi plat area. and there was startrek brigde crew that also allowed you not to use VR as well. you lookinto those ones in the mean time .

who knows with this one?

Last edited:
if those two new modle's for the switch come out they the original should go down too. it'll just depend on what stores still sell them among other things .

Yeah, money's tight with me right now (house renovations are killing me), I'm saving a (used)Switch this summer when MUA 3 comes out.

As far as this, I'm going to have to wait.

Yeah, money's tight with me right now (house renovations are killing me), I'm saving a (used)Switch this summer when MUA 3 comes out.

As far as this, I'm going to have to wait.
yeah that''s one of the best chose it's also best to know how much those new models's will cost too,. but if they aren't in your budget then get the used on since that game you seek in limited to just the newer upcoming models.

I have neither. Ugh...

Yeah I wonder if they’re saving something for the Xbox or if it will simply be ignored. Poor Xbox

Same to be honest and honestly the trailer didn’t really excite me. Bit trinkety. Plus is there a point getting VR now when a new generation could be announced any day now

Marvel's Iron Man VR | Learning to Fly
12K views 2 days ago Published on 18 Jul 2019

Developer Camouflaj sheds light on how they made flying in VR with Tony Stark’s signature Repulsors feel intuitive and satisfying.

Marvel's Iron Man VR | Time-lapse Drawing
11K views 2 days ago Published on 18 Jul 2019

Get a glimpse of legendary Marvel artist Adi Granov designing the Iron Man's Impulse Armor in the time-lapse video.

Marvel's Iron Man VR Q&A LIVE from SDCC 2019!
15K views 1 day ago Published on 19 Jul 2019

The Marvel's Iron Man VR team answers YOUR questions LIVE from the Marvel booth at SDCC 2019!

source: Marvel Entertainment Youtube

10/5/2019
MARVEL'S IRON MAN VR Story Trailer Reveals The Villainous Ghost & The Virtual Reality Game's Release Date
Marvel Entertainment has released an exciting, new story trailer for their upcoming Marvel's Iron Man VR game — which will release for the PlayStation 4 on February 28th, 2020.Read more

| 10/5/2019
Filed Under: "Iron Man" Source: Marvel Entertainment
Banner-17-9-11-1-1-3-4-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-1-3-1-1.png

Back in March, Marvel's Iron Man VR was announced. It's an upcoming virtual reality experience based on, the popular Comics character, Iron Man.

The Marvel Games panel recently took place at New York Comic-Con. During said panel, a new trailer was released for Marvel's Iron Man VR which focuses on the game's story. It's revealed that the villainous Ghost will be the main antagonist of the game. Actress and singer Chantelle Barry serves as the voice for the character and she had this to say about Ghost during the panel:

So, I'm the main antagonist to one of the most iconic comic book characters of all time, it was incredible. For Ghost, I think like most villains, she's very multidimensional. Very heavily layered character... her motivation for wanting to take down Tony, it's very, very deeply emotional for her. I can't reveal too much, obviously, but there are a lot of layers. It's very, very fun to play Ghost. I don't feel like I'm playing a villain when I play her. I feel like I'm the hero.
As well as revealing the game's main villain and some exciting, new gameplay footage; the trailer also reveals that the upcoming virtual reality experience will be released on February 28th, 2020. Marvel's Iron Man VR will be exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and compatible with the PlayStation VR headset.

Check out the new trailer below:

Don the PlayStation VR headset* to suit up as the Armored Avenger in an original Iron Man adventure! Using two PlayStation® Move motion controllers** fire up Iron Man’s Repulsor Jets and blast into the skies with an arsenal of iconic Iron Man weapons at your fingertips.

Iron Man VR will release for the PlayStation 4 on February 28th, 2020.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

It's a shame the only coversatiin in this thread is about not being able to afford VR, lol. I played the demo recently and it was great imo. Flying felt pretty good, didn't get dizzy really.

Though I think the graphics in certain places looked a bit off. Getting up close to Stark's mansion you could see some ugly low res textures, but inside the jet and the character models for Pepper and co. seemed fine enough. Hopefully the final game will look a little cleaner.

If anyone is considering VR I would also suggest getting Arkham VR as well as Superhot which are coupke of the best games for it. Vader VR is also due out on PS4 later this year.

Why is that?
I was given a vr headset before and I only used it twice. Personally I don't think its great for the eyes and the brain.

And i prefer if I see the character I'm playing/controlling during the actual gameplay.

Non-1st person VR games are just weird though. That's kinda the whole point of VR is it gives an extra level of immersion.

I was the same on VR, until I bagged a 2nd hand playstation VR headset, and I was blown away. To the point that I bought an Oculus Rift, again 2nd hand and a little while after the Rift S came out. So I got a pretty good price there too.

I absolutely love VR now.
The only downside is that you need a fairly good spec PC to get a decent VR experience.

But I unhesitatingly recommend VR to everyone... :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"