Age of Ultron The IRON MAN Thread - Robert Downey Jr. Returning!

I think the problem with this kind of stuff is the blurring of lines of the news broadcast journalism and tabloid journalism.

Channel 4 really needs to decide which they want their program to be. Perhaps they are better off leaving the celebrity promotional stuff to the talk show circuity shows like Alan Carr.

If channel 4 news want to do serious sit down issue interviews with celebrities then that is ok but let them know that is exactly what the interview is. Asking this stuff on promotional press tours for family movies aren't the normal thing to do in the industry. If Guru-Murthy was asking Downey the question while Downey was promoting a movie in which he plays a addict then it would of been more relevant.

Krishnan Guru-Murthy himself said they are a news program and not a film program so explore serious themes.

Really dug the Mk45. Tony had all of his personality in this movie, but it wasn't overbearing.

Also enjoyed the evolution of Jarvis and Friday as a replacement. Did she have a Scottish accent?

RDJ was so much better as Stark in this film than in IM3. So glad to see that. Also the MK45 was silk model armour.

Really dug the Mk45. Tony had all of his personality in this movie, but it wasn't overbearing.

Also enjoyed the evolution of Jarvis and Friday as a replacement. Did she have a Scottish accent?

I thought it was Irish but could be wrong.

The actress who voiced Friday is Irish actually.

Yup, looked her up and she is indeed Irish. I hope she sticks around!

The MK45 was a thing of beauty. I really hope he sticks with it for a while.

Looks like we will be getting some explanation in CW as to why Tony was still IM in AoU.

Feige also said that one of the keys is to do the unexpected and keep some things a mystery.

For example, at the end of "Iron Man 3," it looks like Tony Stark has decided to stop being Iron Man, but the beginning of "Age of Ultron" shows the team together, with Tony back in the suit, with no explanation about what happened in-between.

"There will be storytelling about that [in future films], as a matter of fact," Feige said. "In terms of Tony's . . . journey, the fact that he's having a hard time putting down the suit will come into play."

So will Stark's continued arrogance, on display when he created Ultron, which Feige said could foreshadow what gets Captain America and Iron Man to come to blows during "Captain America: Civil War."

"I think you could say 'yes' to that," Feige said. "Iron Man is still funding a lot of the Avengers' activities but will stop flying around in the suit. Thor we'll see in his own movie as he goes off to investigate what's going on. As I think people will see in 'Civil War,' the team is in good hands (without those two core members)."

http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...evin_Feige_Ultron_Civil_War_Wizard_World.html

I was watching Iron Man 2 earlier today and in the court scene Hammer tells Tony that there will be a threat that Tony won't predict and Tony shakes his head in disagreement. Avengers and AOU adds another layer to that moment.

Did anybody catch if the Mark 45 had a nickname like Heartbreaker, Red Snapper, Etc? I thought I saw one when Tony called it up on the computer but it was too quick to read.

I didn't see a name, it just said Mk 45 in roman numerals.

By the way, I love how Tony has evolved the prehensile suit technology since the Mk 42 in IM3. When he has to fight Cap when he and Banner are working on the cradle, it's there in 2 seconds.

I also love the scene where he grabs the scepter and the hand comes flying in. Clearly Tony must have been inspired by Thor's ability to recall his hammer at will.

By the way, I love how Tony has evolved the prehensile suit technology since the Mk 42 in IM3. When he has to fight Cap when he and Banner are working on the cradle, it's there in 2 seconds.

I also love the scene where he grabs the scepter and the hand comes flying in. Clearly Tony must have been inspired by Thor's ability to recall his hammer at will.

Yep, Stark as usual always has something new. Who else loved the MK45? It is by far the best looking armor yet imo and I really hope it stays! I didn't get enough of it.

The introduction of the Mark 45 wasn't as spectacular or noticeable as the Mark 6, 7, or 42.

I wonder how many people didn't know Tony switched from the 43 to 45 lol

The introduction of the Mark 45 wasn't as spectacular or noticeable as the Mark 6, 7, or 42.

I wonder how many people didn't know Tony switched from the 43 to 45 lol

Oh yeah, the reveal was obviously nothin special (didn't mind, the movie had so much else to cover already), but I think the suit itself is by far the best yet. I'd put MK6 in second place. 8 was too bulky and 42/43 were too slim and boxy. MK45 is perfection.

Oh yeah, the reveal was obviously nothin special (didn't mind, the movie had so much else to cover already), but I think the suit itself is by far the best yet. I'd put MK6 in second place. 8 was too bulky and 42/43 were too slim and boxy. MK45 is perfection.

I love MK45 as well, but I wish we can get a full shot of the armor in the movie, not when it's in motion. After Stark debuts his new armor, the scenes were frantic and it's hard to see what's going on. Hopefully he will keep it until CW.

I love MK45 as well, but I wish we can get a full shot of the armor in the movie, not when it's in motion. After Stark debuts his new armor, the scenes were frantic and it's hard to see what's going on. Hopefully he will keep it until CW.

I would have loved a full reveal shot of the Mk45 like this one from The Avengers.

Anthony_Stark_(Earth-199999)_with_Iron_Man_Armor_MK_VII_(Earth-199999)_from_Marvel's_The_Avengers_002.jpg

Well the CW concept looks to be the Mark 46, an update to the Mark 45 with mini repulsors like the Bleeding Edge armor.

11193179_630056353797447_717201699_n.jpg

I love it! An update on the best armor yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"