Marvel/DC crossovers, redheaded stepchildren?

lowly marvelite

Civilian
Reaction score
Question 1) Who is Marvel's most powerful (not necessarily the strongest) superhero bar none?
Question2) Who among loyal marvel fans thinks that there should be a Marvel/DC crossover pitting Superman against Marvel's most powerful character (whoever that may be-I lean toward the Surfer) in a no holds barred end of universe contest to see who the universe's top dog (among the superhero community) is? I mean is anyone here tired of Marvel writers bowing down to the greater glory of Superman everytime a Marvel heavy fights Superman? He's beat the Hulk and Thor so far-heck why not Galactus? I for one am tired of seeing the Marvel big boys being treated like little boys when they fight Supes...

1. The Sentry is supposed to be the most powerful currently. But the title vacillates between Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Thor traditionally.

2. Uhhh already happened, Thor vs. Superman. Each got one fall. Hulk vs. Superman, Hulk lost.

3. Dude, Superman is 70+ years of comics. He's the father of superheroics. The guy certainly has props.

The Hulk is not and never has been even close to the most powerful. That post I think is between the Surfer and Adam Warlock. Overall Adam Warlock is probably the most formidable. In addition to physical prowess he also possesses cosmic power and complete immunity to mental control. The Surfer may possess more raw power but even that is not clear.

This is a difficult question to answer due to the different nature of Marvel and DC comics.

There are (At least) two levels of heroes in the Marvel Universe: regular and cosmic (the the second has been explored much lately). When you are a cosmic level hero, you are on a whole different level from regualr heroes.

In DC heroes can have the same levels of strength and power as a Marvel Cosmic character, but still fight "street level" villains (Superman is among the strongest in that universe, but still protects Metropolis).

another problem in setting up this fight is that Marvel just doesn't care as much for the over the top heroes as DC does. Marvels best selling characters are arguable Spider-Man and X-Men. All extremely limited in their powers.

DC's best sellers are Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman. and despite Batman not having anypowers, he's still frequently shown as incredibly powerful (His magic preptime is useful).

Another problem is that Marvel's most powerful characters aren't always it's heroes. Most big name Villains are more powerful than the Heroes that oppose them.

DC's villains used to be more powerful than the heroes also. In addition to Darkseid there were: Mordru, Stargrave, Validus, Starbreaker, Krona, and a number of others who were more powerful than entire teams.

Question 1) Who is Marvel's most powerful (not necessarily the strongest) superhero bar none?
Question2) Who among loyal marvel fans thinks that there should be a Marvel/DC crossover pitting Superman against Marvel's most powerful character (whoever that may be-I lean toward the Surfer) in a no holds barred end of universe contest to see who the universe's top dog (among the superhero community) is? I mean is anyone here tired of Marvel writers bowing down to the greater glory of Superman everytime a Marvel heavy fights Superman? He's beat the Hulk and Thor so far-heck why not Galactus? I for one am tired of seeing the Marvel big boys being treated like little boys when they fight Supes...
You do know DC's most powerful hero isn't Superman, right?

You do know DC's most powerful hero isn't Superman, right?
I think the general consensus is the Spectre is DCs most powerful superhero; nevertheless, I've yet to see the Spectre in a Marvel/DC crossover...

How can surfer be the most powerful when Galactus gave him the power in the 1st place?

marvel/dc was a vote based battle so the writers took it where the fans told them to.the thing with the avengers cross over is that writers could use thier brains to decide what happend so opinions should be based on that.i tihnk another one should happen soon.Marvel should put ss vs dc.ss would win of course but still.

1. The Sentry is supposed to be the most powerful currently. But the title vacillates between Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Thor traditionally.

2. Uhhh already happened, Thor vs. Superman. Each got one fall. Hulk vs. Superman, Hulk lost.

3. Dude, Superman is 70+ years of comics. He's the father of superheroics. The guy certainly has props.
In your second post you say Supes and Thor each had a fall? I don't recall anywhere, where Thor beat Supes. Did I miss something? Also I'm tired of Supes beating Marvel as well. People use that 1st hero excuse to much. But when he faced Silve Surfer they didn't fight, rather joined up asap, unlike other crossovers when the 2 heroes always fight 1st then team up. I guess that's both Marvel and DC's way of saying the SS will defeat Supes but no way in hell will you see it take place.

I know this is a off note but Venom gave Supes a major arse whooping and had it not been for Spidey, he would have lost. I know that don't make any sense........Venom can beat Supes but Thor, Dr.Doom, and the Hulk can't. :rolleyes:

Yep, Venom kicked the crap out of Superman! (And Spidey at the same time) Awesome.

And count me as one who is also tired of seeing Supes always "win" against Marvel's heros. The guy needs to be brought down a peg. The Silver Surfer is the perfect hero to do it.

Superman being the first is a poor excuse. Hell, Cap came just a couple of years later! Namor just a year later! A lot of people probably think Aquaman came first . .

In your second post you say Supes and Thor each had a fall? I don't recall anywhere, where Thor beat Supes. Did I miss something? Also I'm tired of Supes beating Marvel as well. People use that 1st hero excuse to much. But when he faced Silve Surfer they didn't fight, rather joined up asap, unlike other crossovers when the 2 heroes always fight 1st then team up. I guess that's both Marvel and DC's way of saying the SS will defeat Supes but no way in hell will you see it take place.

I know this is a off note but Venom gave Supes a major arse whooping and had it not been for Spidey, he would have lost. I know that don't make any sense........Venom can beat Supes but Thor, Dr.Doom, and the Hulk can't. :rolleyes:
Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"