Marvel November 2008 Solicits

That DD/Cap one shot looks interesting...i kind of wish it was "Bucky-Cap" instead though, just to see how they interact...

That DD/Cap one shot has me intrigued too.I'll get it if that week is light.

Ah, Marko Djurdjevic's covers never fail to impress me :up:

Thoughts on solicts, as always. I have an opinion about everything. :o

- Part of me wants to give BIG HERO 6 a try, really. But then the logical part of me says that Claremont has been writing nothing but absolute garbage for, oh, the past decade or so. Which means I either play smart and stay away, or take a dive and lose much right to be surprised that it stinks. What stinks even more is that apparently Claremont can't just retire on X-royalties because of how the comic market is set up, so he has had to linger far past his prime, turning what was once a legendary run into a "God, leave the damn franchise already!" ghost who keeps getting handed one book after another that sells maybe 22k average.

- CAPTAIN AMERICA #44 looks cool, and it will be interesting to see Brubaker's take on Batroc the Leaper, who is depicted on the cover. Gage managed to almost make him cool in UNION JACK a few years ago and hopefully Brubaker can follow suit.

- The fact that FANTASTIC FOUR #563 is promising the marriage between Thing and Random New Teacher Woman, instead of his longtime love Alicia Masters, is pretty much all the evidence you need that the editors don't do jack ****. Dan Slott spent over half a year getting those two back together in THE THING, and the only writer who bothered to run with it was Norton in MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #1. Both McDuffie and Millar have pretended it never happened, and that's a damn shame. It is the completely whitewashing of stuff like that which breeds the very fan cynicism and apathy that many creators dislike. Continuity wise, Johnny Storm was allowed to marry Alicia Masters instead of Thing (sure, "Alicia" was a Skrull, but that wouldn't be revealed for years), and that seems wrong.

- GHOST RIDER #29 looks interesting, although the "blue Skull" for Ketch will take some getting used to. Reminds me of Bonechill from DYNAMO 5.

- DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI had a near seemless debut issue from Fraction & Brubaker on Iron Fist, hopefully he can keep it up with what seems to look like a "karate serial killer" story.

- At least new title INVINCIBLE IRON MAN will make it past a half year before the obligatory Spider-Man guest appearance. I remember when most new books had him showing up by issue #2 or #3. DARKHAWK, anyone?

- I was waiting for the obligatory PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL tie in with SECRET INVASION. Seemed like a no-brainer story; Castle slaughters invading Skrulls. It almost writes itself. Granted, Fraction's PWJ has proven more entertaining with semi-serious black comedy or oddball intergalactic tie-in's than with longer term storylines, so this issue looks good. The ANNUAL seems random, but whatever.

- HELLCAT is a goofy book, but I likely will finish it out.

- THE TWELVE #9 features probably the most, er, "flaming" cover I have seen in quite a while. Guess it is the Gay, er, Blue Blade.

(The pun was that Zorro, another famed swordsman, was once known as, "the gay blade", back before gay meant "homosexual". Yeah, it wasn't a ha-ha type reference, just a "Dread knows too much trivia" reference.)

- THOR #12 promises....Loki causing trouble for Asgard. Hasn't that been happening for about 5 issues now? Wasn't that the obvious thing since Loki returned in THOR #5 or something? Decompression...thy name is JMS. Bendis would be proud. It is a shame because the book has potential for greatness, but JMS seriously need a kick in the keester.

- CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI-13 sounds good as always, and confirms at least a little of why Blade is there, or at least presents the obvious conflict.

- Wolverine, in clear competition with Iron Man now, is back up to 5 books a month, not counting appearances in team books. That's right! The ol' Canucklehead isn't taking being replaced by Iron ****e laying down! Marvel's only big enough for one overused glory-hog....

From Cable #8:

'Meanwhile, back in the present, Cyclops " desperate to squeeze some answers out of Bishop " uses an interrogation so brutal, not even the Geneva Convention covers it: a few minutes in a room alone with Emma Frost!'

I don't really follow the X-Stuff or anything, but is Cyclops like an amoral mutant leader or something now with the X-Force and all this kind of stuff?

Just curious

I don't really follow the X-Stuff or anything, but is Cyclops like an amoral mutant leader or something now with the X-Force and all this kind of stuff?

Just curious

No. The writers just have decided that to make Cyclops "cool", they need to make him overly violent and extreme. Unfortunately for them, the 90's ended a good 8 years ago and those things no longer work. But, oh well. ;)

No. The writers just have decided that to make Cyclops "cool", they need to make him overly violent and extreme. Unfortunately for them, the 90's ended a good 8 years ago and those things no longer work. But, oh well. ;)

Ah, I see. I was kind of wondering with a killing version of the X-Men and now, from the way the solict sounds, torture. Poor Cyclops:csad:

From Cable #8:

'Meanwhile, back in the present, Cyclops " desperate to squeeze some answers out of Bishop " uses an interrogation so brutal, not even the Geneva Convention covers it: a few minutes in a room alone with Emma Frost!'

Just curious

Did you stop reading the solicit halfway through or something?

Did you stop reading the solicit halfway through or something?

No, especially since that is the last half of the solicit in question?

Unless you mean the entire X-Men solicit preview which, yes I did look through it and skimmed through it all. Why, is there something there that debunks what I'm asking or saying?

Ah, I see. I was kind of wondering with a killing version of the X-Men and now, from the way the solict sounds, torture. Poor Cyclops:csad:

Yeah, he is all "hardcore" now. But in ways that reek more of desperation than coolness.

The same Cyclops who used to lecture Wolverine about killing ninjas has little qualms about trying to kill any of the few mutants left if they're enemies of the X-Men. Granted, he wasted Mr. Sinister just for kissing Jean (Essex got better), so there you go.

Cyclops can be a bad-ass without being all...I don't know...brutal and grim. It is a hard line, but it should be there.

Yeah, he is all "hardcore" now. But in ways that reek more of desperation than coolness.

The same Cyclops who used to lecture Wolverine about killing ninjas has little qualms about trying to kill any of the few mutants left if they're enemies of the X-Men. Granted, he wasted Mr. Sinister just for kissing Jean (Essex got better), so there you go.

Cyclops can be a bad-ass without being all...I don't know...brutal and grim. It is a hard line, but it should be there.

Oh well, guess it doesn't matter all that much to me since I don't follow in the X-Stuff, but I was just wondering since it seems the more and more I hear of Cyclops' activites nowadays as leade seems pretty different from what I remember of him as a character.

Guess that's just the way of the times

No, especially since that is the last half of the solicit in question?

Unless you mean the entire X-Men solicit preview which, yes I did look through it and skimmed through it all. Why, is there something there that debunks what I'm asking or saying?

There's nothing amoral or brutal about what Cyclops will be doing; it was a joke because he's going to make Bishop talk to...dun dun dun...his wife!!

Get it?

There's nothing amoral or brutal about what Cyclops will be doing; it was a joke because he's going to make Bishop talk to...dun dun dun...his wife!!

Get it?

Ah, no I didn't get it. I didn't know she was his wife.

They have been trying to have the bad ass cool cyclops since around 2000 or near abouts. Ever since they had Scott merge with Apocalypse his become X-Mens captain kick.

Wow. Everyone who b****ed about Bucky's Cap costume, take heed: if that Civil War: House of M cover is any indication, Bucky could've wound up in far, far, far worse.

DD/Cap team-up sounds cool. That's an unlikely team-up, which is usually the best kind.

So, I guess BND Spider-Man and Iron Man are all cool or something? Weird. I'll stick to War Machine.

Aw, I love Camuncoli's art. It's a shame he's drawing Ms. Marvel. Hopefully he gets a good assignment soon.

You know, now that the Punisher is all superheroish again with his white gloves and white boots and super-tight tights... I really miss the updated look from the MAX series. Trenchcoat, all-black plain clothes, white Skull over his torso. Simple yet awesome. I wish they'd transitioned that over instead of restoring him to his old costume.

Oh man, Thor vs. Odin. Even if the end result is pretty much guaranteed to be Thor losing and being forced into the form of Don Blake to learn humility, that should be awesome to see.

What the f*** is Olivier Coipel's name doing on an Astonishing X-Men mini-series when he can barely get half an issue of Thor done each month? :cmad:

Hahahaha, that Wolverine and Power Pack cover is priceless. :D

Wolverine vs. Shang-Chi in Wolverine: First Class. Damn, and I was thinking of dropping it. That sounds like too much fun, though.

Uh... where's my X-Men: First Class solicitation? :huh:

Why the hate on for Ms. Marvel? I actually enjoy it on a month to month basis. :o

I agree w/ Dread about Thor needing to pick up the pace but as soon as Corp and Vartha are done marking out for Thor vs Odin, I'm gonna :D

Why the hate on for Ms. Marvel? I actually enjoy it on a month to month basis. :o
She sucks, and I usually hate things that suck. Pretty simple.

Oh, and the full solicitations are up at Marvel.com. Still no X-Men: First Class. :(

Oh, and the full solicitations are up at Marvel.com. Still no X-Men: First Class. :(

Looks like it got delayed for this month, but look on the brightside, Weapon X: First Class can take its place for a month. More Wolverine makes everything better in the end.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"