Marvel Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncanny Avengers makes sense. It was pretty obvious that there was going to be a book that combined both teams after AvX. It's dumb that Wolverine is Co-leading with Captain America though.
Get used to it. Wolverine is going to be leading every team in the Marvel universe by the end of the decade :o

Hmph hmph...

When will I learn not to ever give Marvel the benefit of the doubt?
I though if/when Marvel was ready to retaliate to DC's New 52, they would try something different.
And like always, I give Marvel the benefit of the doubt and look stupid for it.
It may not be a "reboot", but it smells like it'll be close enough.

While they're at it, they might as well take this opportunity to take all their properties that have movies, and force all the movie-continuity into the comics full-time.

Its not a reboot if they have the same continuity though. This isn't a reboot, its just a marketing gimmick, giving an old car a paint job, its still the same car at the end of the day. It would be hard for them to adapt movie continuity into the comics, if they are keeping the old continuity.

How can you tell Spidey's suit is different when we can't see anything below his waist? As far as I can tell there aren't any alterations.

How can you tell Spidey's suit is different when we can't see anything below his waist? As far as I can tell there aren't any alterations.

its red and black
the lenses are different
the red piece on the chest doesn't attach to his gloves

I wouldn't put too much into the colors or lenses. Colorists have used darker shades over the years and artists have used the different eye sizes depending on what they personally prefer.

The red webbing area you could easily chalk up to Quesada being a lousy artist.

I wouldn't put too much into the colors or lenses. Colorists have used darker shades over the years and artists have used the different eye sizes depending on what they personally prefer.

The red webbing area you could easily chalk up to Quesada being a lousy artist.

or a different costume since the pic is showing the new costumes

Also, if you look really close, you can see Venom in his eye.

I'm relatively excited about Marvel Now. The thing that excites me the most is the bi-weekly shipping schedule. John Cassaday doing art. Okay... I love John Cassaday's art. But unless he's drawn the first year of books already he's not going to be on time.

I mentioned in a previous post how I was a huge Emma Frost fan. I had just finished reading Grant's New X-men run (which made me love her, to me, she is the X-men) and Whedon's Astonishing Avengers was maybe in issue 10 or so. I remember the delays. If the Uncanny Avengers is good, part of me almost doesn't want him on a book, cause well, I'd like to read the book in a timely manner. I feel the same way about Bryan Hitch.

I hate it. They're slowly turning the Marvel Universe into the Marvel Movieverse.

e57ebca6-1897-417d-b4e1-4c5988535962.jpg

Although I did like everything up until now :o

/\ Do you have something like that in the Loeb variety?

This seems rather pointless, DC got a lot of attention last fall because they were rebooting continuity, their biggest reboot since Crisis on Infinite Earths. With Marvel they aren't doing that, so its not as big an event as what DC was doing. This just seems like a marketing ploy, change the exterior, leave the interior the same. I don't think this going to get the same attention DC was getting last year.
My thoughts exactly.

Marvel's first official press release for Marvel NOW! their linewide revamp (but not reboot) came with a reworked version of CCO Joe Quesada's promotional image (now with logo!) and largely the same information we already had. Then we got toward the bottom and saw a listing for New Avengers #1.

One of our ten unanswered questions has been partially answered. Jonathan Hickman, already announced as teaming with Jerome Opeña on Avengers #1 in December 2012, will also be writing New Avengers #1 in January, with art by Steve Epting.

The release doesn't give any more information about the series, but does reiterate that new #1s will be launching under the Marvel NOW! banner "nearly every week through February" starting with Uncanny Avengers #1 on October 10, 2012. Comic shops will be allowed to start selling the issue on Tuesday October 9, 2012 if they have an advance release party.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-new-avengers-team-released.html

Again and I'm sorry can some one please explain to me how this is something big? I am not trying to be mean but just trying to understand the importance of this event. I am also just trying to understand how this is Marvel's answer to the new 52?

I'm relatively excited about Marvel Now. The thing that excites me the most is the bi-weekly shipping schedule. John Cassaday doing art. Okay... I love John Cassaday's art. But unless he's drawn the first year of books already he's not going to be on time.

I mentioned in a previous post how I was a huge Emma Frost fan. I had just finished reading Grant's New X-men run (which made me love her, to me, she is the X-men) and Whedon's Astonishing Avengers was maybe in issue 10 or so. I remember the delays. If the Uncanny Avengers is good, part of me almost doesn't want him on a book, cause well, I'd like to read the book in a timely manner. I feel the same way about Bryan Hitch.

I'm going to dub you the Anti-JewishHobbit :D

I'm not excited for Marvel Now at all. I HATE the bi-weekly shipping scheduals. I do like Cassaday's art, I'll give you that. And I can't stand Emma Frost and think X-Men is a lesser book due to her being on the team.

But hey, I hope you do enjoy it and hopefully I'll be surprised :up:

Newsarama says New Avengers creative team is as Hickman and Epting.

I don't know how I feel about that. Epting is a fantastic artist and Hickman's a good writer but with him doing both Avengers and New Avengers I feel like I'll just get trapped in the same hole I was in with Bendis in buying both due to the amount of crossing over they'll likely do and I don't even want to get into that.

I figure the cast of New Avengers might sell me on the book if it's similar to what it is now but the jury is out until the we learn more. I'm trying to drop books and I'm determined to keep doing it.

I'm willing to give this Marvel Now thing a fair shake.
My only two bits of apprehensiveness:

-O5 X-Men apparently sticking around in modern MU, wouldn't that create some sort of time paradox or something?
&
-Seems like there's gunna be a s***load of Avengers titles when this is all done

Also, Remender and Cassaday will rock UA, as long as Cassaday hits his deadlines

O5 X-men are going to be horrified. 16 year old kids being thrust into a world where magneto is a friend, chuck walks, and everyone hails some guy named wolverine.

And then 30-something Cyclops and 100+ year old Logan start hitting on 16 year-old Jean..

Newsarama says New Avengers creative team is as Hickman and Epting.

I don't know how I feel about that. Epting is a fantastic artist and Hickman's a good writer but with him doing both Avengers and New Avengers I feel like I'll just get trapped in the same hole I was in with Bendis in buying both due to the amount of crossing over they'll likely do and I don't even want to get into that.

I figure the cast of New Avengers might sell me on the book if it's similar to what it is now but the jury is out until the we learn more. I'm trying to drop books and I'm determined to keep doing it.

About three posts above yours buddy. :p

And then 30-something Cyclops and 100+ year old Logan start hitting on 16 year-old Jean..

Complete it with emma making a snide comment about 16 year old jean's lack of bussom. I'd buy the book just for that one scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"