Marvel Solicitations for December 2013

What's with all this Amazing Spider-Man 700.whatever stuff?

Scarlet Spider :wow:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

:csad:

Scarlet Spider :wow:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

:csad:

Are you really surprised by that? They're cancelling Venom and relaunching it under NOW2. I'm sure the same is being done here. Comics don't reach 100 issues anymore brah. Hell.....they don't even last past 50. :dry:

Wait, so is Inhumanity just an event or a one-shot? I thought it was a new series.

Inhuman is the new series. I'm not exactly sure what the differing is with the Inhumanity title, they haven't really explained this.

I thought Inhumanity was a branding/status quo thing like Dark Reign, but I'm not sure anymore.

EDIT: It says the Inhumanity comic there is a one-shot. So I guess you could view it as a prologue to Inhuman, which launches in January. So yeah, Inhumanity is a branding/status quo change like Dark Reign.

Inhumanity is like a status quo......kinda like Dark Reign but not as big and widespread.

I think it will end up being comparably big once we get further into it. I'm sure a lot of the comics that aren't tied into it in December will be come January-March.

Are you really surprised by that? They're cancelling Venom and relaunching it under NOW2. I'm sure the same is being done here. Comics don't reach 100 issues anymore brah. Hell.....they don't even last past 50. :dry:

I pray, PRAY I TELL YOU, that when Peter Parker comes back, they continue Amazing Spider-Man with #701. That would be awesome.

I am actually really surprised they are doing these Amazing Spider-Man #700.whatever issues because of how terrified they are of high issue numbers.

I pray, PRAY I TELL YOU, that when Peter Parker comes back, they continue Amazing Spider-Man with #701. That would be awesome.

I am actually really surprised they are doing these Amazing Spider-Man #700.whatever issues because of how terrified they are of high issue numbers.

Those 700 point issues are idiotic as hell. I can see that they are Peter Parker as Spider-Man stories so why not just call it Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1-5 or something? Who are these dopes running the marketing department at Marvel? There is going to come a time when comic fans are going to feel so alienated by some of these dumb little tactics that it doesn't matter what's on the cover, NONE of these "specialty" books are not going to sell.

So, going by the new Uncanny X-Force cover, then the Revenant Queen is going to be Cassandra Nova then. I can dig that. She fits right in with what the revenants are in the story.

I'm tempted to start boycotting any comic that has "shake the Marvel U to its core" in the solicit :o

^yeah, that's up there with "a story that will change [insert character] forever!" or "The [insert team] will never be the same again!"

then, said character goes back to exactly how they were before.

These solicits are so uncreative it's not even funny. Why not just give a plot point for the issue? Half of these books probably don't even have finished scripts yet but Marvel would lead us to believe that they're currently in the can.

Wait, so is Peter actually back in those Amazing 700.1-5 issues, or are those out of continuity or something? Clearly SpOck is still around based off his solicits, and having all those different writers and issues seems like a strange way to bring him back. I'm confused. :huh:

And yeah, Marvel really needs to "shake up" and "forever change" the way they word their solicits.

Those 700 point issues are idiotic as hell. I can see that they are Peter Parker as Spider-Man stories so why not just call it Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1-5 or something? Who are these dopes running the marketing department at Marvel? There is going to come a time when comic fans are going to feel so alienated by some of these dumb little tactics that it doesn't matter what's on the cover, NONE of these "specialty" books are not going to sell.
They probably want to stress that it's a celebration of the original Spider-Man's one year anniversary death in the 700.1-5 issues. Plus, I think they already are doing a Peter Parker: Spider-Man book/graphic novel around that time.

Wait, so is Peter actually back in those Amazing 700.1-5 issues, or are those out of continuity or something? Clearly SpOck is still around based off his solicits, and having all those different writers and issues seems like a strange way to bring him back. I'm confused. :huh:

And yeah, Marvel really needs to "shake up" and "forever change" the way they word their solicits.
I they're like a series of short stories that take place around the time of Amazing Spider-Man 700.

I have a feeling this may be the first sign of them gearing up for a Peter Parker return while catering to the hardest of the hardcore Peter fans.

Well, either way I wish they would have been a bit more clear about them being flashbacks or whatever. Something like, "Take a look back on the life of Peter Parker one year after his death," instead of saying he's back when he clearly isn't. And as hardcore Parker fan who's enjoying Superior, I can't really say I'm interested in any "untold tales" right now especially five in one month at $3.99. I'll just wait for Peter's real return thank you very much.

And as hardcore Parker fan who's enjoying Superior, I can't really say I'm interested in any "untold tales" right now especially five in one month at $3.99. I'll just wait for Peter's real return thank you very much.

Which was the point I made earlier. These ideas coming out of the "House of Ideas", marketing-wise, are horrendous. No one is going to shell out an extra $20 bucks plus tax for these in one month on top of the $8 for Superior that most are getting anyway. If they spread them out over 5 months, you'd be guaranteeing the money you're probably going to miss out on. It makes no sense to me.

All I read now is Venom, Scarlet Spider, and All-New X-Men, so having two of those cancelled...why the hell do I even still read comics?

Wait what? I heard Slott say there's not going to be an on going after its cancellation and Darkest Hours? I'd love Venom to relaunch under MN2, but I hadn't heard that was a possibility.

All I read now is Venom, Scarlet Spider, and All-New X-Men, so having two of those cancelled...why the hell do I even still read comics?

Pick up 2 new titles? How do you read Venom and Scarlet, but not Superior Spidey anyway?

There's nothing from Marvel worth experimenting with when everything centers around the Avengers. Yes, I'm jaded.

And I'm just not liking Dan Slott's writing, so no Superior. But, yeah, I guess I have to for Darkest Hour...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"