Born Again Marvel Studios’ Daredevil: Born Again General Discussion Thread

How do you know She-Hulk didn't go to New York in this scene?
I don't. I answered the question on its face, but there's plenty of other explanations. In the comics, Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters are licensed in both California and New York. They each got the other license first but are licensed in both.

I don't. I answered the question on its face, but there's plenty of other explanations. In the comics, Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters are licensed in both California and New York. They each got the other license first but are licensed in both.

Well I submit that She-Hulk might be in New York in this scene.

I can understand Jennifer being licensed in both because she was originally in California but later moved to NY, but what's the reason for Matt? He always lived in NY so why would he need to practise in California?

I can understand Jennifer being licensed in both because she was originally in California but later moved to NY, but what's the reason for Matt? He always lived in NY so why would he need to practise in California?

Los Angeles is a major metropolitan city and California is a huge state, so he thought it was relevant to get a law license in another major state to better serve his client base?

Or maybe this scene doesn't take place in LA?

In the comics?
Originally because his girlfriend, Natasha Romanoff moved out there and he wanted a fresh start. So he lived in San Francisco for a season. Then he went back out there when he was disbarred in New York since he still had his California Bar License.

Not a fan of the yellow suit so far. All they did was color parts of the old one yellow.

Still no DD symbol.

They had it right the first time.

42917378345a1ad6aeec1ef745192e4fd3c9e791.gifv

dc5ebf2e9acb24b872da0aa3b4b2ef04c0e6a37f.gifv

ca4536b57c13b672f74a300d3cac5db59ccf4fc8.gifv

Eh, personally I preferred the Netflix version, and I think the gold adds a nice pop to it
Still want the "DD" on the chest though

And I hope She-Hulk makes a crack at some point about Hell's Kitchen being like 4 square blocks that don't exactly need much devil-in' these days

Eh, personally I preferred the Netflix version, and I think the gold adds a nice pop to it
Still want the "DD" on the chest though

And I hope She-Hulk makes a crack at some point about Hell's Kitchen being like 4 square blocks that don't exactly need much devil-in' these days

It's a fictionalized Hell's Kitchen.

Hoping the success of this means we may see a Heroes for Hire someday. Hell, I'd be happy if Luke Cage and Iron Fist showed up for an episode in Born Again.

It's a fictionalized Hell's Kitchen.
I hear that. lol
but it does seem odd that rest of NYC would be basically back to normal as seen in Spidey and Hawkeye, but just one small section fell in to utter darkness and violence

I never took Marvel's Hell's Kitchen to be like Crime Alley in Gotham where you're going to get murdered if you set foot there unarmed. I always saw it as Manhattan's go-to spot for shady underworld business where you probably won't get into any serious trouble if you're not actively looking for it like Matt.

Hope they also not recast Elektra. Elodie Yung was perfect in season 2 (not Defenders though)

Last edited:
I never took Marvel's Hell's Kitchen to be like Crime Alley in Gotham where you're going to get murdered if you set foot there unarmed. I always saw it as Manhattan's go-to spot for shady underworld business where you probably won't get into any serious trouble if you're not actively looking for it like Matt.

I mean, it seemed plenty dangerous to me in DD s1. . . but it was "poor slum" dangerous. Not "active war zone" dangerous. You didn't have people getting murdered every night by wannabe post-apoc gangs like you often do in Gotham.

what kind of daredevil/streaming on disney+ now instead of netflix meta joke will they make?

I wonder if they're gonna use the same intro music...

If not then I got a great replacement:

18 episodes is overkill. Why are they making it so damn long

Daredevil Star Charlie Cox Confirms Born Again is a Reboot
I’ve currently started a rewatch of the Defender’s Saga on Disney+ and I love those shows despite their flaws with Daredevil being the bright spot but I think this is the right move. A fresh new start so Marvel Studios can really make Daredevil their own.

I also think this will be based on the Mark Waid run which I haven’t read but know of it’s lighter tone while still having dark elements. Which I think fits with this new version being a spiritual successor to the original series with S3 ending on a more hopeful note for the main three.

Also I know this will apparently be a reboot but I think Marvel should give Vondie Curtis-Hall another chance as Ben Urich because I thought he was great in the first season and they killed him off why too soon. Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Henson back as Karen and Foggy as well of course.

18 episodes is overkill. Why are they making it so damn long
What makes a television series being 18 episodes inherently "too long"? Some of the most beloved and well regard television shows had 22+ episode seasons. The last season of Breaking Bad was 16 episodes. Was that "so damn long"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"