Echo Marvel Studios' Echo General Discussion Thread

Still find it funny that "which deaf woman of color superhero in the MCU are you looking forward to most this year?" is a totally valid question now.

Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.

I never understood why Etan Cohen never at least changed his first name, so he wouldn't be confused with Ethan Coen even though both names are spelled differently, they sound the same.

he probably received calls from people, who thought he‘s the other coen - and had a shot

Can’t wait to check this out. Hope she gets an invite to the avengers too!

I'd love Echo to get fleshed out more. Maybe it'll lead to a new series with David Mack as artist or writer (probably too much to hope). Also probably too much to hope that the Kingpin will be in this.

Nice. Seems like we’ve got absolutely tonnes of new material incoming.

I'd love Echo to get fleshed out more. Maybe it'll lead to a new series with David Mack as artist or writer (probably too much to hope). Also probably too much to hope that the Kingpin will be in this.
That is an interesting point though. She was essentially mostly a Daredevil supporting character in large part. Would they keep any of that? Would they include any DD lore in an Echo show?

That is an interesting point though. She was essentially mostly a Daredevil supporting character in large part. Would they keep any of that? Would they include any DD lore in an Echo show?

It depends on if

the rumors of Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home are true. I'll be surprised if he shows up though and that if Peter needs a lawyer, it's more likely Jennifer Walters shows up than Matt Murdock.

It depends on if

the rumors of Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home are true. I'll be surprised if he shows up though and that if Peter needs a lawyer, it's more likely Jennifer Walters shows up than Matt Murdock.
I don't think it really depends on that. If that is the case, they could have more Daredevil in Echo. If it is not the case, they could still decide to include parts of Daredevil's lore in Echo. Or not.

I hope that Vincent D'Nofrio appears in the series or I'm not watching it. He was a perfect Kingpin.

Also hoping that Charlie Cox is in a supporting role since he's said to appear in No Way Home.

If Marvel got some acoustic treatment in their studios they wouldn't have an echo.

Some of these people wrote episodes of Daredevil and Punisher.

The group features two Deaf writers in Shoshannah Stern, who also starred in Supernatural, and Josh Feldman, who with Stern co-created and wrote the Sundance show This Close. This suggests the Deaf element of Echo’s identity will be explored further beyond Hawkeye. Of the other accounts tagged in Dayre’s post, many of the writers are Native American. Bobby Dues has worked as a writer on Rutherford Falls and Reservation Dogs, the first two TV shows with Native American showrunners. Rebecca Roanhorse is a science fiction author and is currently writing an Echo comic series for Marvel in Phoenix Song: Echo. Alongside Kaitlyn Jeffers, Steven Paul Judd and Jason Gavin it will be great to see more about Echo’s Native American background on the show. Ken Kristensen wrote on The Punisher, Dara Resnik has written episodes of Pushing Daisies and Daredevil, and Jessica Mecklenburg has written on Stranger Things. The mix of drama and comedy within this group suggests that Echo will be emotionally impactful and entertaining.

Last edited:
To be more specific about writing episodes, Dara Resnik was co-executive producer of the final season of Daredevil (which happens to be my favorite). They wrote episodes eight and eleven. I'm terrible at remembering which episode is which so that's not much help to me, but somebody might appreciate that.

I do remember the Punisher episode Pilgrim. That one was really good (although the dramatic tension may have been the director as much as the writer). The problem with serialized shows is it's hard to really tell specific episodes apart or credit them too much to a single writer.

From the showrunner’s Instagram story:

FEagHLxVkAMpSVr

A lot of people think it will be more Daredevil and less about Echo. I don't think it will be the case. The focus is on Echo, but if Daredevil is in it, he could be more like how Mobius was in Loki, a significant character in the series, but someone who won't overshadow the main character.

A lot of people think it will be more Daredevil and less about Echo. I don't think it will be the case. The focus is on Echo, but if Daredevil is in it, he could be more like how Mobius was in Loki, a significant character in the series, but someone who won't overshadow the main character.
I would be mad if Echo isn't the start of the Echo show.

I would be mad if Echo isn't the start of the Echo show.

I believe that the Echo show will be all about Echo, but that Matt Murdock is going to be like either Mobius or Sylvie in Loki, both of which had very significant roles in the story, but the show was still Loki and not "Loki, Mobius and Sylvie." That's how I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"