Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

The problem is that there's no real show runners, running these shows. I haven't liked any of the Disney+ Marvel shows tbh, the covid excuse can only go so far.

Part of me is wondering if part of that hefty budget is going towards a
Harrison Ford as Ross cameo in the finale if there's any setup for him being the new President even though Mulroney is still alive.
Apparently, a chunk of the $212M budget went to reshoots. Which makes sense because that money did not end up on screen.

The Agents of SHIELD pilot cost $12M with the rest of the episodes averaging $5-9M. Yet, that show pulls off a better production design within their limitations.

I wonder how much money K.E.V.I.N. sunk into the Presidential motorcade attack the explosions seem to jump to a next level from other ones that I can remember on TV.

They added this to Hulu. They really must be desperate for views

Showing Fury the way he is in the new Marvels trailer really undercuts this show, not that anyone is really watching

They added this to Hulu. They really must be desperate for views
Broadcast network is dying. They’re throwing anything right now to get more people back, especially with the strikes going on.

According to this, it had a debut 462 million minutes. That's more than Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk did. So yeah it's not doing Loki numbers but it's not doing as bad as people think.

But I don’t think any of those were hits in terms of viewership?

And for its budget, shouldn’t it pulling in Loki kind of numbers?

But I don’t think any of those were hits in terms of viewership?

And for its budget, shouldn’t it pulling in Loki kind of numbers?
Given Disney plus lost millions of subscribers in 2022 and the beginning of 2023, no I wouldn't expect those numbers. Not excusing the enormous budget mind you, I think movies and shows across the board need to be reigning in that stuff.

I compared this show to those other shows because despite those shows doing worse in viewership, they were never put on Hulu.

I really can’t explain, why I don’t like this. It has a great cast and a dark atmosphere and it’s the first series in 8 months.
But I feel so underwhelmed watching the episodes and not the same excitement after Loki, Hawkeye, Moon Knight or Wandavision.
He’ll I even liked FatWS better than this.
To me it feels worse than Ms.Marvel or She Hulk
Probably because I’ve seen so much high level projects the last weeks (Succession, Better Call Saul, Severance, the Crown, White Lotus) so this feels like cheap network television

I think I'd like this better if I could have binged it. The time in-between disrupts the flow. Some shows aren't as good spread out.

G‘iah dying at the end of the 3rd episode and her survival being explained in one scene the following episode was something real autors wrote - not some kind of AI.
They‘re really at danger

G‘iah dying at the end of the 3rd episode and her survival being explained in one scene the following episode was something real autors wrote - not some kind of AI.
They‘re really at danger

Not only that but they killed both characters that were the most interesting ones, the ones we've known for years and could provide further character development. Why build them up for such a cheap send-off?
Simply horrendous decisions.

Jesus Christ what a failure.
I don't think there was a single good decision made on this show.

It was okay. Not great, but not awful. Better than Moon Knight. :(

I think you could easily cut this into a better 2hr movie

Hopefully somebody on Youtube takes the initiative and re-edits it themselves

So Rhodey wasn’t there to say goodbye to Tony? That’s so messed up

So Ga'ia as she is now would have beat Thanos to a pulp within minutes. Did they really just make her more powerful than the full Avengers team?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Ga'ia as she is now would have beat Thanos to a pulp within minutes. Did they really just make her more powerful than the full Avengers team?

To be fair, Super Skrulls are supposed to be threat levels for an entire team. Similar to Amazo. So that doesn't bother. What bothers me more is giving that power level to a hero. Villains make sense cause you need someone who dwarfs the power of your hero. But when a hero has this kind of power, it's hard to write threats for them. So, I think they're gonna have to nerf her somehow. Whether it be make them temporary without the machine reupping her power or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"