Echo Marvel Studios' Echo General Discussion Thread

Watched all 5 episodes. Didn't like it at all. Marvel peaked at Endgame. The only saving grace is to start from scratch with the X-Men and F4 (with an A-list actor playing Doom). Maybe continue the Kang series with Denzel Washington.

Yea that's actually a good point. I imagine people going into The Penguin show later this year aren't expecting that type of stuff, so maybe it's issue with how the shows are 1.) being developed and 2.) then being advertised to viewers. While Echo is a physical fighter like Daredevil, I can see the argument of trying to make a show that focuses more on character drama than anything else. Not to say it shouldn't feature some type of action in it, but I don't think it's as much of a nescessity for this character than it would be for others. And I didn't mind the lack of fight scenes, I just wish they were better than we got.
I didn't mind have fewer fight scenes, I've gotten burnt out on shows that were all fight and no stories. I care more about the "why" of a fight than the fight itself.

Good. Echo was pretty decent. :)

How did Kingpin survive the point blank gunshot? They didn't really explain that.

Last edited:
How did a Kingpin survive the point blank gunshot? They didn't really explain that.
Feige:

ryan-george-pitch-meeting.gif

How did a Kingpin survive the point blank gunshot? They didn't really explain that.
I guess the reason for Kingpin's durability will come in Daredevil Born Again. Until then we can speculate. Some sort of mutation, super soldier serum or alien. Or maybe not and it will just remain unexplained.

That's amazing. Give us more street-level heroes with more reasonable budgets.

Okay, I wasn't a big fan of She-Hulk, but is this even a fair comparison? She-Hulk in particular is very CGI-heavy. I'm not sure what a good comparison for these Disney+ Marvel shows would be because even ones like Werewolf By Night or Falcon and the Winter Soldier had a good amount of VFX in them.

Okay, I wasn't a big fan of She-Hulk, but is this even a fair comparison? She-Hulk in particular is very CGI-heavy. I'm not sure what a good comparison for these Disney+ Marvel shows would be because even ones like Werewolf By Night or Falcon and the Winter Soldier had a good amount of VFX in them.
Covid protocols also took a lot a budget and I'm assuming those cost more during when they filmed She Hulk and Secret Invasion.

I don't know its crazy with those budgets. Disney could have given us an Incredible Hulk 2, a Hawkeye movie in theaters and a 2nd Daredevil movie or a mcu movie that didn't cost more than $100m. And from the reports (eXcluding Echo) it doesn't sound like these shows are good investment for Disney...

Finally got around to finishing this. It was enjoyable enough, but lost steam throughout (and was fairly slow overall). Some of the supporting cast was very enjoyable. For a show that focused on the personal interactions, I do think it didn't quite connect. Also (and I'm very biased here), but I'll sometimes play on my phone in shows with slow scenes and that's completely impossible since it's all sign language.

I also didn't like the resolution. That being said, I loved the overall cultural connections. The show was about the heritage of the Choctaw Nation and I think that came across well. When Maya was able to fight, that was cool too. But there were too many dead moments.

If I had binged it, it probably would have been better. Like I said, it was enjoyable enough and there were definitely good moments. Looking forward to what's next for Fisk and I'd love to see Maya again if the story is right.

She-Hulk having that budget makes sense. I know the show was heavily criticized for different reasons but I thought the visual effects were pretty great. The budget was on the screen. Secret Invasion budget though? That's a case that deserves to be studied in the future!

I just saw the show, was waiting to marathon with my brother. There were several issues I had, especially with the show having weird mixed messaged with its themes, but in general I enjoyed the show. It was essence of Netflix Marvel, but not quite it. Def want to see them lean more into the Netflix style for future content

How did Kingpin survive the point blank gunshot? They didn't really explain that.

I too wonder that because yeah like you said he was shot at point blank range. Bulletproof vests are a thing but then we saw what happened in Hawkeye when Kate shot him with an arrow. Hit him dead on inside his chest and he wasn't gasping for air. He literally took it out of him and broke it.

I just watched this. I liked it over all. Nice to see all the native American actors.
Seeing this right after binge-watching Reservation Dogs felt like unexpectedly running into old friends. Even if Devery Jacobs was underused

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"