Echo Marvel Studios' Echo General Discussion Thread

I forgot this is releasing tonight instead of overnight.

Hawkeye was my second favorite Disney+ series to Ms. Marvel, with that said Echo's first episode was okay. I'm not going to binge through it tonight but will be back for the second episode tomorrow.

Unfortunately I won't be able to catch Echo tonight, but I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

Hawkeye was my second favorite Disney+ series to Ms. Marvel, with that said Echo's first episode was okay. I'm not going to binge through it tonight but will be back for the second episode tomorrow.
Same here. Good start but I have too much on my plate to binge this in one go. Maybe I'll watch 2 more tomorrow if I have time. :)

My brother wants to do a Netflix style marathon of it, so I may be behind on watching it a few weeks till we get that done

65% after 20 reviews. Not great, especially for a TV score.

I'm really enjoying it so far after being 3 episodes in. I love how they are incorporating her Native American ancestry and as someone that knows ASL I love how it's being implemented. Liking the fight choreography (Netflix is still superior) but that shot of DD sliding through the rack during the fight was pretty cool and adds acrobatics not shown in the Netlfix. This could end up being top 3 MCU TV shows for me.

65% after 20 reviews. Not great, especially for a TV score.

Yeah, I mean if stuff like Falcon and Winter Soldier get to 85% lol

Even Hawkeye got like 92%. What the…!

Yeah, I mean if stuff like Falcon and Winter Soldier get to 85% lol

Even Hawkeye got like 92%. What the…!
Outside of the Kingpin stuff in the Finale, Hawkeye was great and I'll hear no arguments otherwise!

Agreed on Falcon & Winter Soldier though, but that show benefitted by the reviews being based on only the first episode, which was good. It didn't start really sucking until half way through

But after one episode, I'm already liking Echo more than that show
Gonna watch the rest tonight so we'll see how it goes

Started off strong but I really feel like this show is a total slog. I don't know whats going on with these show lately. I mean, I really really loved Wandavision, which I own on 4k (I have to love something to own it), and I loved Hawkeye. I think Loki was really good too, but man everything else has been mixed to just boring. It sucks to say, but like with Ms. Marvel and moon knight, I just don't have much interest in finishing the show, and I hate when that happens because it feels "wrong", but I also don't think it should be an obligation to finish something that I'm not enjoying. I liked Maya in Hawkeye btw! I felt like she was compelling. The problem is not every single one of these characters needs a Disney+ spin-off, and to me that definitely is the key issue here. Wanda? it made sense, and her show added so much to her characrter. Same can be said for Loki, and Hawkeye too.

Last edited:
I'm now on episode 4, and I'm quite bored.

Not as bad as Secret Invasion but I'm having a hard time paying attention. It is just so meh.

Agreed on Falcon & Winter Soldier though, but that show benefitted by the reviews being based on only the first episode, which was good. It didn't start really sucking until half way through

I sometimes forget that for TV the RT score of the show is based on just either the first episode or whichever episodes go out as screeners. And then that score stays as such, good or bad, regardless of how the overall full season turns out.

Imagine if reviews of movies were only based on the first 30 mins lol

I sometimes forget that for TV the RT score of the show is based on just either the first episode or whichever episodes go out as screeners. And then that score stays as such, good or bad, regardless of how the overall full season turns out.

Imagine if reviews of movies were only based on the first 30 mins lol
I don't find Rotten Tomatoes reliable for TV shows. At least with movies, a lot of the recent movies have at least 150 reviews (that reviewed the film from the start to finish) and you can't say that to a lot of Tv shows, especially Marvel. If I remember correctly Agents of Shield has a 80% RT rating and Ms. Marvel is close to 95%.

Started off strong but I really feel like this show is a total slog. I don't know whats going on with these show lately. I mean, I really really loved Wandavision, which I own on 4k (I have to love something to own it), and I loved Hawkeye. I think Loki was really good too, but man everything else has been mixed to just boring. It sucks to say, but like with Ms. Marvel and moon knight, I just don't have much interest in finishing the show, and I hate when that happens because it feels "wrong", but I also don't think it should be an obligation to finish something that I'm not enjoying. I liked Maya in Hawkeye btw! I felt like she was compelling. The problem is not every single one of these characters needs a Disney+ spin-off, and to me that definitely is the key issue here. Wanda? it made sense, and her show added so much to her characrter. Same can be said for Loki, and Hawkeye too.
I think this show was created in the first place so they could add more original programming to Disney+, not that they have a very interesting story to tell about Echo. I'm about to start the final episode, and since they just dropped the entire thing in the same day. Maybe this would have been less boring if they cut it as a 2 hour film?

Though they made a good decision dropping the entire series in 1 day.

I'm only 3 episodes in and kinda surprised by how divided people are on it. Like it's by no means a perfect show or even a great show, but I think it's good and have been finding it pretty enjoyable for the most part. Not at all boring lol, I can't relate to that. Some of my main issues have to deal with pacing and editing, but I dig the story and a lot of the characters in it. Dunno how well it will stick the landing based on some other comments I've seen but I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

As I side note, I will never turn down Yeah Yeah Yeahs being used in anything lol.

I think part of the reason for the mixed reviews is since we have the ability to binge that has been the model adopted by watchers. And they find themselves putting together a 5 hour movie instead of watching a 50 minute episode let it sit while you go and do something else and come back later as was the traditional TV viewer model before season sets on DVDs became available at a competitive price.

Finished and was pretty solid. Only thing I didn't like was the end fight sequence. It was pretty meh. The fights in the first 3 episodes were pretty cool and well choreographed- still not at the Netflix level - but the last fight left a lot to be desired. Still on my top 5 MCU shows. Looking forward to Daredevil and Deadpòol!

The time with Uncle Wilson and Maya was intriguing. I couldn't help but think of Madame Gao with the Fisk tech being integral to the dialog.

We've only watched the first two episodes. Despite all the various production mishaps, it's actually surprisingly decent. Echo isn't the most interesting character of the bunch, but not bad so far. Definitely not another Secret Invasion or Inhumans.

Finished it last night
Thought it was a solid little character piece
not much of a plot, but the character interactions were all good, and it left me interested to see where she pops up next
The action wasn't Daredevil quality but it wasn't bad either (better than Iron Fist ever was)

Didn't love her final super-suit though, it was too busy and too bulky on the shoulders. Preferred the jacket look (That's a nice jacket, I wanna get my gf one) they should've just kept her in that and put the handprint on her face.

Last edited:
I think part of the reason for the mixed reviews is since we have the ability to binge that has been the model adopted by watchers. And they find themselves putting together a 5 hour movie instead of watching a 50 minute episode let it sit while you go and do something else and come back later as was the traditional TV viewer model before season sets on DVDs became available at a competitive price.
I think the whole thing is about 3 hours. The final episode is 34 minutes long iirc. Remove the previously on, credits for all the episodes. It is much shorter. Should have been edited as a movie, in my opinion.

That finale was lackluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"