Echo Marvel Studios' Echo General Discussion Thread

I wantto skip but its probably just siX episodes and I don't want to miss any live action content from Marvel Studios.

Cox and D' Onofrio
have been listed as cast members for Echo.

Good to see an official confirmation. Fingers crossed the tone won't be as cartoony as in Hawkeye.

Sources say Echo will include a plotline in which Daredevil, whose alter ego is blind attorney Matt Murdoch, is searching out a former ally. Podcast The Weekly Planet has reported that ally is Jessica Jones, another Marvel character who toplined her own Netflix series and was played by Krysten Ritter. If Ritter as Jones does indeed make an appearance in Echo, that would leave Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Punisher as the street-level crime-fighters still left to be re-introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

it confirms that at least the relationship between Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones is canon if Jessica is that former ally.

Daredevil and Kingpin in the Echo show?

y2skIaC.jpeg

Yup, cuz i damn surw wasnt gonna watch this prior to this announcement.

Good to see an official confirmation. Fingers crossed the tone won't be as cartoony as in Hawkeye.

Yeah I was happy seeing Kingpin, but it quickly became clear that this wasn't the Netflix version. This was almost a cartoon character.

I'm a bit worried DareDevil will also be turned into a generic MCU hero. Quips and they'll give him some flashy moves... but nothing too violent, you have to think about the kids watching :o

Kind of a shame they announced the return. It would've been an awesome surprise to see DareDevil just show up... but nobody was excited about this show, so I get why they did it.

Summer 2023 means end of August

Yeah I was happy seeing Kingpin, but it quickly became clear that this wasn't the Netflix version. This was almost a cartoon character.

I'm a bit worried DareDevil will also be turned into a generic MCU hero. Quips and they'll give him some flashy moves... but nothing too violent, you have to think about the kids watching :o

Kind of a shame they announced the return. It would've been an awesome surprise to see DareDevil just show up... but nobody was excited about this show, so I get why they did it.

They actually cut out some good scenes for Kingpin in Hawkeye. No idea why. The way his reintroduction was handled was terrible and badly executed. No fanfare or build up at all.

He's looking good (intense). :cool:

Agreed, I was pretty disappointed with what we saw of Kingpin in the Hawkeye show.

TWS level combat would still be good to see for Daredevil IMO.

Yeah, Echo NEEDED things like this to boost it or people wouldn't have watched to find out.

My hope is with the Marvel Studios budget, we can see some better action and stunts with Daredevil coming up, along with better costumed baddies.

The Netflix shows were clearly very limited with what they could do a lot. Case in point, Iron Fist.

lots of news that don’t make my excitement bigger for this…
DD was the only reason, I cared for this

Marvel's Echo Gets a First Trailer - IGN

The trailer opens with scenes of Echo's family and ancestors. She opens a prosthetic leg that’s covered in gold - a leftover from her days with the Kingpin, perhaps. She's out on a mission, ambushing a street gang in a bowling alley with a gun. Then, she looks at her hands which are glowing...

Next thing we know, Echo is on a train. Scenes of her fighting are cut together with scenes of black and white cowboys shooting native Americans. Poignant, considering her own native American heritage. Then, Echo comes face to face with the Kingpin himself... and it seems he's missing an eye.

After the clip, Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio explained why he loved being back as Kingpin.

"To bring Fisk and Maya back together again was an absolute thrill," he said. "I saw Alequa’s capabilities when we did Hakwyeke and we had some crazy scenes. To be with another actor that has the talent that she does where we’re just 1 on 1 with each other it’s full-on of her capabilities.”

Any news on this show? Any possible release date??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"