Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

Streaming is the future. Some people have to get over the difference between films and streaming, especially in terms of how the two look and feel since that gap has been closing for YEARS and many were already saying that in terms of quality of narrative that streaming and TV had surpassed film some time back, given the serialized nature allowing for greater depth.

That said... Love Keanu but I in NO way see him as Marc Spector.
I think people need to realize that the world doesn't have unlimited internet. The thing about the future is that it has to arrive first before we can utilize it. Until the gap eliminates between streaming and the realities of the present, I'll just be skipping the Disney Plus streaming shows. I don't think many care about that, but that's the reality I'm living in.

I'll watch the movies since I can pick those up in a store or watch them in theaters. But I've got no time for something that isn't built for the realities of the present day.

I can't think of anyone better for the part than Jonathan Tucker. He excels at playing intense characters that are a little bit cray cray. He also has some Jewish heritage.
STAND-10-Cover-Copy-1024x952.jpg

giphy.gif

Whenever something like this comes up, people always fancast unrealistic choices.

We finally have a Jewish MCU hero. Is it so much to ask for a Jewish actor to play Marc Spector?

I wonder if Mena Massoud would do it? He’s got history with Disney after all

No disrespect to Mena Massoud...but no.

No Rami Malek either. I don't want flavor of the month choices for this character.

What films has Jonathan Tucker done? He looks very familiar. I know I've seen him in something or two that I liked but can't remember what

Apparently, Werewolf by Night will make his MCU debut somewhere most likely in this series (or perhaps the Blade movie depending on they approach that property as another possibility).

I traced the source here: Exclusive: Werewolf By Night To Appear In An Upcoming Marvel Studios Project

EXCLUSIVE: WEREWOLF BY NIGHT TO APPEAR IN AN UPCOMING MARVEL STUDIOS PROJECT
Exclusive: we’ve learned Marvel’s classic shape-shifting anti-hero Werewolf by Night, aka Jack Russell, will soon make his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Our sources aren’t clear on where Werewolf will first appear but ‘Moon Knight’ is a possibility since Moon Knight made his comic debut in Werewolf by Night #32 and they have had strong ties ever since. Werewolf also has major connections to Blade and Dracula, and with the former due to get his own solo film soon, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him show up there. We have also heard Dracula will be in ‘Blade’, making this even more likely. Our sources also indicate a spin-off for Werewolf is already being explored.

Werewolf by Night first appeared in Marvel Spotlight #2. He is a descendant of a line of lycanthropes and can choose to transform when it is not a full moon but is forced to transform when it is a full moon. He is usually portrayed as an anti-hero because he can not always control his powers.

A ‘Moon Knight’ Disney+ series was announced at D23 this weekend.

Two-time Academy Award winner and Emmy nominee Mahershala Ali is starring in a ‘Blade’ reboot for Marvel.

A spinoff movie as mentioned in report probably won't happen but a Phase 5 Disney+ miniseries might in 2023 is my guess with him making his debut in one of the properties in Phase 4.

Apparently, Werewolf by Night will make his MCU debut somewhere most likely in this series (or perhaps the Blade movie depending on they approach that property as another possibility).

I traced the source here: Exclusive: Werewolf By Night To Appear In An Upcoming Marvel Studios Project

A spinoff movie as mentioned in report probably won't happen but a Phase 5 Disney+ miniseries might in 2023 is my guess with him making his debut in one of the properties in Phase 4.

Source seems somewhat dubious. Also, closed the comments section.

What films has Jonathan Tucker done? He looks very familiar. I know I've seen him in something or two that I liked but can't remember what
He's done some films here and there, but I know him from his television work. He had leading roles in The Black Donnellys and Kingdom, and has had memorable parts in Justified, Hannibal, Westworld and American Gods. Most recently, he's in City on a Hill.

Source seems somewhat dubious. Also, closed the comments section.
I read the story on CBM originally then googled seeing that GWW was the original source all sites were linking to when this rumor popped up a few days ago.

I don't go to that GWW site at all really but remember last January or early February when they were a source behind a rumor I think some of the usual online trades started to pickup. GWW partnered up with omega underground saying Black widow was to begin shooting at the end of February. It didn't due to a delay perhaps but still it seems they're willing to grasp at times especially if a few other people or small outlets back them.

Maybe it's actually Marvel TV not the MCU and that's why the comments closed? Still, if he does appear in the MCU, I can see Moon Knight being the most fitting property to appear in. I am willing to bet this show may be ongoing not a miniseries so I suppose this increases the chances.

I read the story on CBM originally then googled seeing that GWW was the original source all sites were linking to when this rumor popped up a few days ago.

I don't go to that GWW site at all really but remember last January or early February when they were a source behind a rumor I think some of the usual online trades started to pickup. GWW partnered up with omega underground saying Black widow was to begin shooting at the end of February. It didn't due to a delay perhaps but still it seems they're willing to grasp at times especially if a few other people or small outlets back them.

Maybe it's actually Marvel TV not the MCU and that's why the comments closed? Still, if he does appear in the MCU, I can see Moon Knight being the most fitting property to appear in. I am willing to bet this show may be ongoing not a miniseries so I suppose this increases the chances.

That's not really evidence of a good track record IMO. CBM will run just about anything these days and call it news.

I'm partial to Max Greenfield.

He wouldn't be my first choice. It could possibly work. I know him mainly from his comedy work. I'd need to see more before I I developed more of an opinion on him.

YOU GUYS! I am so happy that my boy is coming to the MCU. I really hope the costume is in line with his original appearance. Maybe they could take some inspiration from how he looks in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC. As for casting I've wanted Jonathan Tucker since I saw him on Hannibal. I think he'd absolutely nail it.

YOU GUYS! I am so happy that my boy is coming to the MCU. I really hope the costume is in line with his original appearance. Maybe they could take some inspiration from how he looks in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC. As for casting I've wanted Jonathan Tucker since I saw him on Hannibal. I think he'd absolutely nail it.
Yeah, Tucker would be perfect. :up:

Where is your avy from? I love it.

The cynic in me tells me no costume or he will hardly ever wear one.

What are the druthers when it comes to costuming?

I would be more than over the moon for a full on costume the way the majority of MCU characters have (This Feige not Loeb/Perlmutter after all).

And my choice would def be a gloss on the classic hooded cloak and mask look.

But I am open to the Mr. Knight look too.

What are the druthers when it comes to costuming?

I would be more than over the moon for a full on costume the way the majority of MCU characters have (This Feige not Loeb/Perlmutter after all).

And my choice would def be a gloss on the classic hooded cloak and mask look.

But I am open to the Mr. Knight look too.

I like what the God of War art director came up with. Costume is important because it's a thing that Marc Spector wants his enemies to see him coming, and he's not afraid of being a target. Dude is not batting with a full deck.

If anything, I think Marc Spector would be inspired to do his vigilant-ing in a costume due to the rise of heroes in recent years.

I want an updated, modernization of the classic look. Cloak and hood and mask. I don't want Mr. Knight.

moon-knight-raf-grassetti.jpg

I like what the God of War art director came up with. Costume is important because it's a thing that Marc Spector wants his enemies to see him coming, and he's not afraid of being a target. Dude is not batting with a full deck.

If anything, I think Marc Spector would be inspired to do his vigilant-ing in a costume due to the rise of heroes in recent years.

I want an updated, modernization of the classic look. Cloak and hood and mask. I don't want Mr. Knight.

moon-knight-raf-grassetti.jpg
Agreed. Moon Knight has one of the coolest costumes, so it would be a shame if we didn't get to see it in all it's glory. I was gonna post that I would like a suit that resembles this:
9df145e5e38087dd316907091ed7d93d.jpg

And the concept you posted is a great adaptation of that. If there would be more than one season, they could introduce the Mr. Knight suit, but it shouldn't be his main one.

Some variation of his classic look or his more modern look.

Something like the Mezco Toys 1:12 Collective Crescent edition would also be fine.

7078.Jpg

It's definitely one of my favorite costumes in and silhouettes in superhero comics. If they never try to incorporate it, it would be a shame.

I think you could do some cool things with the white cape peeking out of the dark. Moon Knight should almost look like a ghost to thugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"