Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

Eh. I wish this heading to the big screen but at least we are gonna finally see him in live action.

the logo is cool.

I hope he's in the all white costume to begin with. Don't want the Fist of Khonshu version yet or the black costume. The original white one was my favourite and most wraith-like.

Wow. I never thought I’d see a Moon Knight series. I hope we get to see him up on the big screen eventually.

Robert Meyer Burnett must be over the moon (no pun intended).

I hope they do this as DD on Netflix. If it's all ages pablum, count me out.

I want to see if he'll cross over with Ghost Rider and Blade and once the Netflix characters are available again, hopefully he'll meet the Defenders characters.

Streaming is the future. Some people have to get over the difference between films and streaming, especially in terms of how the two look and feel since that gap has been closing for YEARS and many were already saying that in terms of quality of narrative that streaming and TV had surpassed film some time back, given the serialized nature allowing for greater depth.

That said... Love Keanu but I in NO way see him as Marc Spector.

Guys, you have to realize Disney+ is not Netflix. Otherwise we wouldn't see Marvel "demoting" main Avengers, and the next Captain America, to Disney+. Plus, even Netflix pulled top level actors for many of their films and whatnot.
Yes, Keanu Reeves could be in a D+ series. This shouldn't be a huge surprise at this point. It's Disney. Though it is new and we don't know for sure exactly what the content will be like.

Yeah, the issue of content for something like Moon Knight is key for me. I don't think this is a middle of the row, standard super hero character. You have to go to places the Netflix Marvel shows did to do this property justice.

And perhaps that is what MK being on D+ indicates. That there will be wider variety of tones in what they put out. I hope so.

Will it possibly be edgy? I think so. Will it be Punisher-level edgy? Doubtful. I expect Daredevil-level at the edgiest.

Will it possibly be edgy? I think so. Will it be Punisher-level edgy? Doubtful. I expect Daredevil-level at the edgiest.

DD got pretty raw. And let's remember one season in fact featured Frank Castle heavily and he did what we expected Frank to do in live action while part of the DD show.

Yes! I reckon this would be the most fun to write with marc’s Multiple personalities. Sort of daredevil meets the United States of Tara. Hope they get an Egyptian actor for Marc

Yes! I reckon this would be the most fun to write with marc’s Multiple personalities. Sort of daredevil meets the United States of Tara. Hope they get an Egyptian actor for Marc

I don't know if they would. He was never Egyptian in the comics. But if they did want to go that route, then maybe Zeeko Zaki? He plays Omar Zidan in the series FBI. But he's a main character in that, so I don't know whether he could split his time with that and Moon Knight. Depends how long Moon Knight is and when it films.

I don't know if they would. He was never Egyptian in the comics. But if they did want to go that route, then maybe Zeeko Zaki? He plays Omar Zidan in the series FBI. But he's a main character in that, so I don't know whether he could split his time with that and Moon Knight. Depends how long Moon Knight is and when it films.
With how long networks shows shoot (12-18 hour days for 7-9 months,) I really doubt they'll get someone like Zeeko Zaki since he's a main character on FBI. I hope they stick with Moon Knight's origin and keep him Jewish.

I'm definitely interested in a Moon Knight TV series, more than most of the projects announced for the next phase, but I fear Disney+ is far from the best place to launch the debut of such a gritty, mature and dark character. It surely doesn't fit the family friendly content of their platform and I'm pretty certain that the show will be toned down significantly. It's not even about the rating, it's about Disney's overall approach so far. I just don't think he fits the already established universe and their streaming service. We'll see though, I guess.

I totally expected this thread to be fan speculation until I clicked on it. I'm definitely surprised.

I'm sure there will be speculation whether Feige's instincts will allow this to go as dark as needed but I have complete faith in him to know what the character needs. Ideally, this show should be a mix of season one of Daredevil meets Legion. If The Winter Soldier (or Endgame) were the darkest Marvel movies, this should be the darkest Disney+ show.

I hope they cast Mark Specter well. Ideally, they go for a Jewish actor and not ignore that aspect of the character.

This is also the first Disney+ character who is entirely separate and not a spinoff. Ms. Marvel is at least ambiguous but has Captain Marvel connections. I wasn't sure if they had interest in going this route given that they would be very busy.

Since Suits is ending, maybe they could get Gabriel Macht to go from playing Harvey Specter to Marc Spector. He's got a Jewish background too. But it's probably a ghost of a chance.

As someone who has always liked Moon Knight but never did a deep dive into his comics, what should I start reading to brush up? I already own Moon Knight Epic Collection vol. 1 but nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"