Secret Invasion Marvel Studios' Secret Invasion General Discussion Thread

So....

Is Fury going to die in this show? Seems like a swan song for Sam Jackson.

This looks incredible.

Will wash the stench of She-Hulk quite nicely.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rhodey has hung up his War Machine suit when we see him in this one, only for him to get the suit back in Armor Wars.
Great call.

I just hope one of the series at least mentions his disability.

Marvel has apparently confirmed Olivia Coleman's character as
Sonya Falsworth

This looks very fun. It's perfect for a Nick Fury vehicle, both with what they've set up with his connection to Talos and because it allows for plenty of cloak and dagger spy stuff. Obviously, the original Secret Invasion had plenty of Nick Fury as well, but I think this keeps it purely on the spy-level stuff rather than the super hero stuff and will be very fun and different enough to offer something new.

This looks very fun. It's perfect for a Nick Fury vehicle, both with what they've set up with his connection to Talos and because it allows for plenty of cloak and dagger spy stuff. Obviously, the original Secret Invasion had plenty of Nick Fury as well, but I think this keeps it purely on the spy-level stuff rather than the super hero stuff and will be very fun and different enough to offer something new.
Yeah, a great setup for Fury to be a lead and show what he’s good at. :up:

Has it been that bad? Only watched the first 2 episodes so far.
If you’ve seen 2 you would have a good feel for the show. I think it’s pretty clear it’s designed to be a ton of fun but not going to be for everybody. Some just aren’t into that kind of humour in superhero shows which is fair enough. I happen to love it!

That was a pleasant surprise. It looks like a cool paranoid spy thriller, very un Marvel like. What a breath of fresh air!

So she's Union Jack's great granddaughter interesting.

Maybe Granddaughter instead because he was born in 1914. He was 30 when Steve and Bucky went missing. It would mean that he's old enough to possibly have a young child, likely a son. So lets say he had a son born between 1938-1943 and that son bore a daughter born in the early 1970's (Olivia Colman was born in 1974, so in the MCU, she could be 50). This would make Olivia Colman's character his grand-daughter.

So there are rumors of Noel Fisher and Carmen Ejogo in this series. We'll see if either actually show up.

Last edited:
Has it been that bad? Only watched the first 2 episodes so far.

First 2 episodes were good. Good comedic timing, half-decent CGI and Tatiana as Jen is quite likeable.

It's episodes 3 & 4 where it descends into twerking, chav culture, dating websites and matching and turning Wong into a joking buffoon that doesn't take accountability for his actions.

Last edited:
So....

depends on if the events of Secret Invasion are before or after The Marvels, which he is in. If it's before, he'll survive. If it's after, who knows

So....

This is Marvel. Even if he does...

iu

The Veranke rumors came from questionable sources.

So Olivia Colman reportedly plays a character named Sonya Falsworth. It would be really interesting if she's the grand-daughter to James Montgomery Falsworth, one of the Howling Commandoes from Captain America: The First Avenger. James Falsworth was born in 1914 in the MCU, and if Sonya is 50 years old in the MCU, it could be that James was in his 60's when she was born, if he was still alive when she was born because in the First Avengers movie, Steve Rogers was looking at his file and it said he was deceased but I don't think it said when he was deceased. Based on the end of the First Avenger, he survived World War II, but how much longer did he live? I hope that if she is the grand-daughter of James Falsworth, she talks about him, even briefly like a sentence saying that she loved her grandfather as a child, which would indicate that he was alive in the 1970's, when she was likely born.

Already exhausted by all the articles quickly being written by that little bit of info.

The Veranke rumors came from questionable sources.

So Olivia Colman reportedly plays a character named Sonya Falsworth. It would be really interesting if she's the grand-daughter to James Montgomery Falsworth, one of the Howling Commandoes from Captain America: The First Avenger. James Falsworth was born in 1914 in the MCU, and if Sonya is 50 years old in the MCU, it could be that James was in his 60's when she was born, if he was still alive when she was born because in the First Avengers movie, Steve Rogers was looking at his file and it said he was deceased but I don't think it said when he was deceased. Based on the end of the First Avenger, he survived World War II, but how much longer did he live? I hope that if she is the grand-daughter of James Falsworth, she talks about him, even briefly like a sentence saying that she loved her grandfather as a child, which would indicate that he was alive in the 1970's, when she was likely born.

not reportedly. The Tenor-Channel is owned by Disney, so it’s official

I’d quite like if this Emilia Clarke character rumour was true. Wonder if she is up for more appearances after this show.

not reportedly. The Tenor-Channel is owned by Disney, so it’s official

Still, I hope that she mentions that her grandfather was one of the Howling Commandoes and that she had a loving relationship with him as a child. As I have said, he (James Montgomery Falsworth) died before 2012, but the question was, when before 2012 did he die? I had also said that if he was still alive in the 1970's, when Olivia's character was a child, how much longer did he live after that? I hope the MCU will fill in the blanks for the Howling Commandoes one day. I had been watching First Avenger recently and while we know what happened to Howard Stark and Peggy Carter, we don't know what happened to the Howling Commandoes after the War and we don't know what happened to Dum Dum Duggan after season one of Agent Carter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"