Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' Vision Quest

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Vision Series Starring Paul Bettany In Works As ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff At Disney+ – Deadline

A second WandaVision spinoff series focusing on Paul Bettany’s Vision is in the works at Marvel Studios for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Titled Vision Quest, the potential series, which is opening a writers room next week, will be about The Vision (Bettany) trying to regain his memory and humanity, I hear. While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

Like with the other WandaVision spinoff, the greenlighted series Agatha: House of Harkness headlined by Kathryn Hahn, Vision Quest is overseen by WandaVision creator, writer and executive producer Jac Schaeffer, I hear. Reps for Marvel Studios and Bettany declined comment.

Yeah I get the comics do it all the time, but would be nice to have some deaths stick.

Why? Its just acknowledging the truth: A character is only as dead as the desire to tell a story about them makes them. Even someone being "actually dead" puts them no more than a single time travel, parallel universe, or trip to the afterlife away.

And in this case, not only has the character already been brought back ( two different ways! ), but its a fairly major piece of the source material. "Vision dies, and gets brought back" is as major a recurring story point in the comics as "Vision has a relationship with Wanda".

Which death? Vision? He's already back. It's not without consequence based on what happened, but he's physically around already.
They could also be talking about Wanda but I don't think anyone bought for a second that she was actually gone for good after Multiverse of Madness.

Wish we actually had Wanda as she was in WandaVision to continue her story in this instead of what we got in Dr Strange.

Wish we actually had Wanda as she was in WandaVision to continue her story in this instead of what we got in Dr Strange.
I wonder if we'll get Wanda back before this anyway. There are rumors that Coven of Chaos will partly be based on Children's Crusade. That story was about the Young Avengers (especially Wiccan) looking for Wanda after she disappeared post-House of M. We could be seeing a version of that before VisionQuest. Wiccan is strongly rumored for Coven of Chaos and we have a disappeared Wanda post-Multiverse of Madness (instead of post-House of M).
ab7ce5bfb4d708cef87ad8c23e10fbd2.jpg

I wonder if we'll get Wanda back before this anyway. There are rumors that Coven of Chaos will partly be based on Children's Crusade. That story was about the Young Avengers (especially Wiccan) looking for Wanda after she disappeared post-House of M. We could be seeing a version of that before VisionQuest.
ab7ce5bfb4d708cef87ad8c23e10fbd2.jpg
Certainly would be more interest in that show if Wanda were to appear. Echo is getting boosted by the likes of Daredevil and Kingpin so it could be something similar here, especially for shows that could do with some extra exposure.

Again possible too. Wanda has become one of the high profile players of the MCU. I would have preferred much less of a villain turn personally, so some sort of softening through Vision and her kids could help gradually rehabilitate her.

Again possible too. Wanda has become one of the high profile players of the MCU. I would have preferred much less of a villain turn personally, so some sort of softening through Vision and her kids could help gradually rehabilitate her.

I'd like an outright retcon of Multiverse of Writers' Madness.

WandaVision
VisionQuest

How about they just call this Marvel Studios' Vision.

WandaVision
VisionQuest

How about they just call this Marvel Studios' Vision.
I like the name Vision Quest and it’s cool having a nod to the comics storyline.

I'd like an outright retcon of Multiverse of Writers' Madness.
This is one case where I would actually be ok with the “it was a dream” thing. I would enjoy the film even more if I could discard the consequences for Scarlet Witch at the end of it.

It’s kind of nice to have an autistic coded character back like Data from Star Trek. They don’t make enough characters like that

This is one case where I would actually be ok with the “it was a dream” thing. I would enjoy the film even more if I could discard the consequences for Scarlet Witch at the end of it.

They could literally just handwave it it as her being possessed by a variant of herself from another universe or something, and the Agatha series is about bringing their Wanda back.

They could literally just handwave it it as her being possessed by a variant of herself from another universe or something, and the Agatha series is about bringing their Wanda back.
Something like that might work, yeah. Vision might not be able to believe that his Wanda did all that and suspect that it was a different one. He might be able to sense it better than other characters with his much deeper bond with her.

I would be fine with the Agatha show revealing in explicit detail that the Darkhold absolutely was The One Ring-level corruptive, and that using it unknowingly for months was Capital B Bad. Which they kind of already showed, just not in black letter explicit terms.

really?! Hmmm I just feel this is just a ploy to capture the fans of wandavision. It doesn’t seem reasonable.
I mean, it seemed obvious to me that his story wasn't done. If it was, they wouldn't have left off the way they did in WandaVision.

Part of me wants to treat this as a WandaVision Season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"