Marvel Girl
Beast
Storm
Angel
Polaris
Iceman

I'm an old soul

DeOdLoLVwAER-qF.jpg
I'm all for a modernized version of Lee/Kirby's original X-Men team.

I think the comics have laid the groundwork nicely for such a reimagining
XMBLUE2017007_Lopez-Var.jpg

I'm a 90's kid.

Angel
Banshee
Beast
Bishop
Blink
Colossus
Cyclops
Dazzler
Emma Frost
Forge
Gambit
Havok
Iceman
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Kitty Pryde
Nightcrawler
Polaris
Professor X
Psylocke
Rogue
Storm
Sunspot
Warpath
Wolverine
The first movie can't have that amount of X-Men, can they?

Eh I have no interest in seeing Kwannon.

Just use Psylocke/Betsy and call it a day.

nah all that body swapping stuff is very ick these days as well as explaining that she’s actually a white woman in an Asian woman’s body. Plus kwannon deserves her own identity and space especially in a franchise about the importance of diversity and inclusion.

of course we can have Betsy as well in her own identity. Two great characters instead of one!

Honestly, if we remove the body swap storyline, Revanche is basically just Psylocke 2.0, like a literal clone of Psylocke.

I just don't know how could they differentiate the two, unless they make Betsy Braddock caucasian from the get go and iirc, Revanche isn't a psychic.

Honestly, if we remove the body swap storyline, Revanche is basically just Psylocke 2.0, like a literal clone of Psylocke.

I just don't know how could they differentiate the two, unless they make Betsy Braddock caucasian from the get go and iirc, Revanche isn't a psychic.
They became a lot more like each other after the body swap, so I'd look into what made them distinct before.
I'd have Betsy as half-Japanese English and tie her to the Braddock family and Otherworld which would differentiate her from Kwannon who has no relation to those things but instead has ties to Japanese crimelords and The Hand. Originally Betsy had more varied and powerful psionic abilities (psionic blasts, telekinesis, precognition) so I would keep it so that Betsy has those while Kwannon doesn't. On the other hand, originally Kwannon was the one who was more skilled in combat and more athletic, so I'd make it so Kwannon has that over Betsy. I'd make it so that Kwannon uses a Katana while Betsy either uses only her psionic knives or something closer to her current Starlight Sword which is a more English mythology inspired sword. I'd also consider giving Kwannon access to the Crimson Dawn eventually, giving her shadow teleportation and enhanced physiology, which I think would work better to supplement Kwannon than Betsy. Finally, I would introduce Kwannon significantly later. It's definitely true that to some extent Kwannon is Psylocke 2.0, so I would make Kwannon kind of like what Kate Bishop has been to Clint. Make a Psylocke "solo" project towards the latter part of the original actress for Betsy's time in the MCU which introduces Kwannon as a secondary protagonist. They can be in the MCU together for a little bit before the original actress for Betsy quits and we can still have a Psylocke by keeping Kwannon. I'd also make sure to give them distinct personality traits, similar to how Sam is clearly different in personality from Steve, Yelena is clearly different from Natasha, Kate is clearly different from Clint, etc.

Last edited:
The current comics just made Kwannon a total Psylocke 2.0. From what I've looked recently, Kwannon from retrieving her original body, she just absorbed the mutant powers of the original Psylocke. Like telepathy, psychic knife and if you haven't been reading the current comics, and see the current Psylocke in the comics, you'd be confused that it isn't Betsy Braddock. Kwannon also took the codename Psylocke and iconic bathing suit costume. She has no own identity now imo.

Revanche in the 90s looked more diXtinct with the curly hair and covered up costume.

Imo, instead adapting the both of them, just go with the classic Psylocke especially how underrepresented Betsy is outside of the comics and videogames. There's also other plenty more interesting X-Women out there aside from Revanche like Marrow, Cecilia, Sage, Monet, Polaris, Dazzler, Armor that haven't been portrayed or portrayed accurately in the big screen.

The current comics just made Kwannon a total Psylocke 2.0. From what I've looked recently, Kwannon from retrieving her original body, she just absorbed the mutant powers of the original Psylocke. Like telepathy, psychic knife and if you haven't been reading the current comics, and see the current Psylocke in the comics, you'd be confused that it isn't Betsy Braddock. Kwannon also took the codename Psylocke and iconic bathing suit costume. She has no own identity now imo.
I agree that the comics have made them too much alike at times but that doesn't mean the movies have to follow suit. Kwannon was always a telepath btw, even before the original bodyswap. I just accidentally wrote "telepathy" instead of "telekinesis". And even Betsy's katana use and martial arts skills all came from Kwannon during the original swap.

Revanche in the 90s looked more diXtinct with the curly hair and covered up costume.
But she looked that way with the curly hair because it's what Betsy looked like originally, so I wouldn't say it's very distinct. That
1300-76397
's literally Betsy's curly hair.
k75TuBb.png

Imo, instead adapting the both of them, just go with the classic Psylocke

I think the issue is that there isn't really 1 "classic" psylocke. There is the original Betsy-Psylocke, which I guess is the most "classic" you can get (for the "Psylocke" identity anyway, Betsy had already been Captain Britain before then):
7vUm0uC.png

But the Psylocke that's probably the most iconic is the '90s one where Betsy was reimagined as being a different race, having different skills, different personality, etc. which was revealed/retconned a few years later to be her in Kwannon's body, using Kwannon's katana skills, some part of their personalities having merged, etc.
1630115-x_men__1991__006.jpeg

I'd say introduce a Betsy Braddock who is half-Otherworlder and lives with her brother Brian at the Braddock Manor in England. Upon her mutation she gets violet hair and strong psionic powers. She fights using psi-knives and psionic blasts and when she uses these psychic energy shaped like butterfly wings shows around her face. She gets a dark blue costume that shows off her arms and legs.

Eventually, after we've had this Psylocke in the MCU for potentially 7-10 years she gets a solo project where she encounters a Japanese woman named Kwannon. Kwannon is an assassin for the Hand or some Japanese crime syndicate. Her personality is at least initially colder and more volatile than Betsy. Her hair is much darker than Betsy's being almost black, but still with some purple sheen to it. Kwannon also has psionic powers though they are significantly weaker and less versatile than Betsy's. At the same time, she is much more skilled in combat and unlike Betsy she doesn't create psionic knives, but instead guides psionic power into a katana she possesses (kind of like how Colleen Wing guided Iron Fist powers into a katana at the end of Iron Fist S2). She also doesn't get the butterfly wings-like energy. Her costume is purple rather than blue, has more belts, and covers her entire body. She obtains the Crimson Dawn, which appears as a red marking over her left eye, and grants her shadow teleportation (her own unique ability that Betsy doesn't have) and enhanced physiology (which complements her already superior physical combat skills).

There's also other plenty more interesting X-Women out there aside from Revanche like Marrow, Cecilia, Sage, Monet, Polaris, Dazzler, Armor that haven't been portrayed or portrayed accurately in the big screen.
I'd love to see all of those. I don't see how keeping the door open to introducing Kwannon at some point would prevent any of those from getting the spotlight.

The classic Psylocke is the one we always see in videogames, comics, cosplays - thats Betsy Braddock. Kwannon is not even a b-tier x-Woman and even when she has been resurrected, if im not mistaken, she just appeared in a splinter team, Hellions.

If we are going to pick someone obscure, Cecilia, Sage, Marrow are there. I don't want to see a carbon copy of someone, when that someone hasn't even been properly utilized in the movies.

I WANT Cyclops Wolverine Storm JeanGrey Beast Iceman Jubilee Colossus Kitty Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke
to be main x-men from 616 MCU (former members, before snap)

Then, some leave, Emma Frost replaces Jean Grey because shes missing
then many others recruits are added and form x-fractions (sub-groups)

But my fanfic MCU x-men team consists of Cyclops Wolverine Storm Emma Iceman Jubilee Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke for 1st movie
Colossus Kitty Beast are cameos, JeanGrey is lost, Emma Frost is recruited
In sequels we can add Havok, Polaris, X-23, ...

The more I think it should be a miX of eXpected, not eXpected and mutants that should be part of the X-Men but people wouldn't eXpect to be in the first film.

eXpected - Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, Rogue
uneXpected - Polaris, Bishop, Jubilee, Sunfire, Forge, Dazzler, Banshee, Cecilia
a little bit of both - Psylocke, Gambit, Angel

The ones should be reserved for the sequels are Jean Grey, Beast, Nightcrawler and the Wolverine.

Keep the core 4: Wolverine, Storm, Jean, and Cyclops with Beast and Prof. X for the first film. Maybe use Jubilee or Kitty for the character used to introduce them? :hmm

I WANT Cyclops Wolverine Storm JeanGrey Beast Iceman Jubilee Colossus Kitty Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke
to be main x-men from 616 MCU (former members, before snap)

Then, some leave, Emma Frost replaces Jean Grey because shes missing
then many others recruits are added and form x-fractions (sub-groups)

But my fanfic MCU x-men team consists of Cyclops Wolverine Storm Emma Iceman Jubilee Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke for 1st movie
Colossus Kitty Beast are cameos, JeanGrey is lost, Emma Frost is recruited
In sequels we can add Havok, Polaris, X-23, ...
I'm fine with seeing all of those eXcept for X-23.

I don't want to see any clones or another version of someone else: Prestige, X-23, Daken, Honey Badger, Revanche, Joseph and the sons of the X-Men like Cable and X-Man.

I want the most popular X-Men roster on-screen, so I'm talking about:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Banshee
Phoenix

Honorary member: Beast

Might be controversial, but I hope Jean Grey isn't included in the initial roster. That way, they aren't tempted to go anywhere near Dark Phoenix and Cyclops might get some development of his own. Either that or just start with Jean & Scott as a couple and give that zero plot focus.

Might be controversial, but I hope Jean Grey isn't included in the initial roster. That way, they aren't tempted to go anywhere near Dark Phoenix and Cyclops might get some development of his own. Either that or just start with Jean & Scott as a couple and give that zero plot focus.
I don't want to see Jean in Marvel Studios' X-Men either.

Save her for Marvel Studios' X-Men II.

I'll share more options during time. As of now this is my take of a fresh and "homage" roster:

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Beast
Iceman
Angel
Storm
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Jubilee
(new recruit at the very beggining, just like TAS. And being the POV)

with Rogue starting the movie on the brotherhood, fighting the x-men in the 1st act and joining the x-men on the final battle (and the end arriving at the school as the new member)

To me, this would be a perfect homage to 60s/70s comics with a nod to 90s TAS show with Jubilee. The right diversity, 4 iconic females and a roster totally different from Fox movies (just having Sunfire, Thunderbird, Angel and Jubilee as active members alone would be totally different from Fox era, so.... call me 100% IN)

Who do you want and why?

Psylocke because she's my favorite!
Cyclops
Storm
Rogue, its been so long
Gambit, way over due as a X-Man
Angel, finally as a X-Man
Iceman
Polaris
Cecilia Reyes, resident doctor
I think I'd add Forge or Sage the technical personel of the team. That role is helpful and cool to any team, especially a superhero team. I want to see a well eXperienced X-Men team for Marvel Studios' X-Men right from the start.

I'm torn, the inclination is to include all your faves on the first team, but thinking towards sequels:
start with the Giant Size team
Cyclops
Storm
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Sunfire
Thunderbird

Thunderbird dies and Cyclops leaves
Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Hank get mentioned as having left the team after a mission gone wrong
Lorna and maybe Kitty join up at the end, and Wolverine gets a brief tease

2nd movie bring in Bishop, Psylocke, Rogue and Gambit, and have X-Factor operating separately before rejoining at the end
3rd movie blue and gold

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"