Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought MUA2 was the better looking game visually. MUA 1 looked more like a mod for X-MEN Legends or something

there's alot i liked about both games. the best would be a mix of both

I may be in the minority on this but I preferred the story in 1 over 2.Dr.Doom was an awesome main villain and I loved actually exploring the entire Marvel universe from Asgard to the Shiar empire.
the first one definitely had a better story. it was cool they wanted to adapt Civil War for the sequel, but you knew they had to have an actual villain to face off against in the end to make it work in a video game.

I thought the second had the better story. The first one had little focus and had too broad a scope. It was all over the place and wasnt strong at all. The second wasnt the best but I preferred the more streamlined approach to the story telling

Last edited:
Yeah, the first definitely didn't have a better story.

Not in terms of narrative, nor in terms of actual plot.

the story wasn't as good in 2, but i did feel more "into" the story. things felt more dire. I was really able to put myself into the civil war plot line

can you not start a new game with all the characters unlocked? i beat the game and am now going through the pro reg side, but am pretty ticked i've got to look for all the thor/hulk/jean stuff again

can you not start a new game with all the characters unlocked? i beat the game and am now going through the pro reg side, but am pretty ticked i've got to look for all the thor/hulk/jean stuff again

you must have played on easy. i think there's a downloadable patch for that

Did you start a new game from the main menu? You have to go to one of the consoles in the Black Panther's hideout to start over with all your characters and stats

I recently picked this game up - about as late to the ballgame as I was with the first one - and I've been enjoying the heck out of it. I needed a break from Reach multiplayer.

Music, art direction - some of the voice acting could be a bit better, but mostly it's just Cap's voice I hate.

Seriously, what's with all the hate I've read for this game?

Regardless, I dl'd the big character pack. Is Juggernaut worth the 160 or so points?

The character selection and the downloadable characters like Carnage and Psylocke

The idiot developers that kept saying they didn't want to add characters like She-Hulk, Hawkeye or other Avengers because it would feel too much like an Avengers game (yet we get a s*** load of X-Men), or didn't want to add Black Cat because it would feel too much like a Spider-Man game, yet they give us Carnage, Venom and Goblin. Then they choose Psylocke, Cable and Magneto over Cyclops.

And when asked in their forums about Hawkeye, Dr Strange and other characters, they kept saying "well they weren't in Civil War, so we're not putting them in the game" Yet we get the dev's favorites in the game and other characters that didn't show up in one panel in Civil War.

The downloadable characters sucked ass compared to the the first one.

The levels were too short.

I want to fight Juggernaut, not team up with him.

The cut scenes sucked compared to the first one.

Robo Fury. :doh::doh::doh: What happened to Galactus or the Thanos tease?

Come on, is the Super Hero Squad 2 game seriously going to have a better character selection and better end villain than this game?

Fighting the same villains multiple time, you fight Green Goblin and Venom at least 3 time, then if you have GG and Venom on your team, there are 2 GG and 2 Venoms on the screen at the same time.

Trying to revive your team when they die sucks, especially if you don't have a token and when you enter a new level they take them away from you.

Did I mention those ass clowns didn't want to add Hawkeye. :cmad:

Seriously, I enjoyed part one WAY better than this one, I enjoyed exploring a level that didn't end after a couple of feet, I enjoyed fighting the different villains and DIFFERENT bosses, I enjoyed being able to mix and match the different types of teams and making new ones based off different costume selection (example my Force Works/West Coast Avengers team with Iron Man, US Agent, Hawkeye and Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman)

Part 2 may have the prettier graphics, but Part 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> part 2.

Im glad Psylocke got in. One of the biggest complaints in XML1 was that she wasnt playable till very close to the end. You couldnt play as unlockables with a new game so unfortunately she didnt get much use in the game. They didnt put her on the roster for the next 3 games but luckily they did manage to have her as DLC for MuA2

I'm curious. How did you all generally put your teams together?

I was having a blast with Iron Man and giving him all the upgrades, up until the game stole him from me and I learned the upgrades didn't come back in a New Game + like they did in MUA1. So I restarted with the intention of giving the majority of upgrades to a "main" character who would be playable for both the Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg sides.

Pretty much, that character has come down to Wolverine.

There aren't many characters I'd use on both sides to begin with, from a narrative standpoint. Nor are many of the characters leader-types. Or they are, but I don't necessarily like them.

I considered Daredevil, and actually like him quite a bit, at least until he starts falling way short and his powers start suffering. I considered Black Panther, too, until I decided I didn't like his playstyle that much. And Magneto, but I'm hard-pressed to use him as a hero prior to the Pro/Anti choice.

So it's wound up Wolverine as the team leader, backed by Spider-man (in the Iron Spidey suit, of course!) and Ms. Marvel primarily. The fourth slot was Daredevil for a bit, then Deadpool, then Carnage (just to use one of the DLC characters I paid for, complete with nanite control, but then the plot sorta fudges that eventually, doesn't it?) and back to Deadpool again.

So, yes, apparently I hem and haw over character choices depending on how the narrative flows and what is "supposed" to be. Whee.

What all goes into your team designs?

I was having a blast with Iron Man and giving him all the upgrades, up until the game stole him from me and I learned the upgrades didn't come back in a New Game + like they did in MUA1.

You can have a New Game+. After you finish the game, be sure to load the last save and go to the Mission Console I think, in the Black Panther's Palace, there you can start a New Game+.

I know. You answered a question I didn't write at all. You answered a question where there wasn't even a question.

I finished the anti-reg story and I want to go on to pro-reg story, but will I lose my DLC if I do this?

I was playing this with Friends and we used a code to unlock Hulk, it was such a cake walk with him. He just walked around spamming ground pound and pretty much wiped out everything that came across our path. It was so cheat status.

That's how it was with Jean Grey for us. One of my friends really wanted to play with her, because she was the only character he liked from the XML games. So we unlocked her with the cheat code. Game got pretty boring after that.

Hell, Storm herself makes the game a cake walk and you don't have to bother unlocking her.

Started playing this again. Forgot how hard the Titanium Man fight was
yea i actually started playing this again this weekend and that was the first thing i had to do. i hate that bastard! im trying to beat the game on legendary co-op but i got no one to play with so i was playing with my little sister :oldrazz: (who sucks by the way :doh:).

The metal f**ker is immune to so much. It'd be easier if my A.I. teammate would actually do something.

Hell, Storm herself makes the game a cake walk and you don't have to bother unlocking her.

Soooooo true!

I don't think I EVER swapped her out of my team while playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"