Marvel x DC: The Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingpin can't fit on a flying glider, nor did he ever have the testicular fortitude to ride on a flying broom. Norman not only has hair, but he's got better waves than any black man born in the 80s. Norman is the right choice here.
The Osborns: the only white family to ever desperately need some hair relaxer.

The Kingpin keeps his s*** tight and clean. Hair would only get in the way of his meteoric rise to power within the underworld.

The Winner of Round 1196 is...Kingpin (3-10)
472655-kingpin06.jpg

ultimate-ultron.jpg

637558-dormammu.jpg

Marvel Round - Round 1197
Ultron x Dormmamu

Ultron.

We should have this vote again in a few months after Bendis gets his grubby paws on him. :(

Ultron

Great picks of pics characters.

Ultron

Dude and his all family issues could be on the "Jerry Springer show!" He's like from some highly advanced trailer park! All he needs is some jean cutoffs! Haha

Ultron easily, though Runaway is right: we should vote this again after Bendis writes Ultron and see how it changes. Remember the last time Bendis rewrote Ultron into a chick? Yeah me to. :csad:

The Winner of Round 1197 is...Ultron (12-0)
Ultron03.jpg

Marvel Round - Round 1198
Chris Hemsworth's Thor x Chris Evan's Captain America
ThorChrisHemsworth.jpg

capmask.jpg

I'm gonna shock everyone and go with Evans' Cap.

While I loved the movie Thor and Hemsworth's performance, Evans was just straight-up more endearing. It's not really Hemsworth's fault; Thor's whole schtick in the movie is that he's a fish out of water on Earth, so he kind of stands apart from the rest of the cast and has to remain somewhat alien and awkward. Evans' Cap--scratch that, Evans' Steve Rogers--on the other hand, is eminently human and earnest in all the ways Steve should be. It's a testament to the writing and his performance that I can easily count off several great moments from his movie where Evans makes Steve shine: the fight in the alley where Steve never backs down, the scene where scrawny-ass Steve jumps on the grenade while all the buff recruits run like *****es, the scene where Steve and Dr. Erskine share a drink, etc. Like I said, I loved Thor and I thought the movie did a great job portraying some of the best aspects of his character, but he's really complex and hard to nail down in just two hours with all the other stuff the movie needed to accomplish swirling around him. Steve's much easier to establish an instant rapport with and, consequently, he came off a bit more likable, thanks in large part to Evans' selling that likability.

Hemsworth really had me thinking "THAT IS THOOOOR". While I loved Cap's movie, Evans' Cap I had to suspend my beliefs. It was easier for me to imagine comic Thor when watching Hemsworth than it was to imagine with Evans as Cap. Evans had to grow on me, Hemsworth had me convinced immediately.

Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"