Marvel's Ant-Man Official Bluray/DVD Released December 8th.

I thought I heard the young hank scene may be on the phase 2 set.
It does seem like the box sets are now the place for most of the BTS featurettes and deleted scenes instead of the individual releases. Guess they figured they needed a way to entice people to buy the box set after buying the individual movies and the extras were the bait they settled on.

It does seem like the box sets are now the place for most of the BTS featurettes and deleted scenes instead of the individual releases. Guess they figured they needed a way to entice people to buy the box set after buying the individual movies and the extras were the bait they settled on.
if that's the case maybe, just maybe, the boxes should be on sale worldwide and not only in one corner of the world? taxes, tolls and shipping costs would mean I have to pay double the price for an already overpriced item. so guess what? it's not worth buying when you already own every single BR to just buy the boxes with mostly redundant stuff in it only for nice artwork I can look at online, replicas of infinity stones that aren't even the right size (and cheaply produced) and a handful of extras that should have been on the original release of those BRs anyway.

It doesn't seem to be on the phase 2 set.. i.e. the young Hank in Panama scene.

So erm .. I guess, a future One Shot, maybe? hopefully.

MAYBE it's one of the Target exclusives?

It's odd that I could have the DVD or BR version shipped by Best Buy but couldn't get the 3D/BR version to shipped. Only way to get the 3D/BR version was to pick it up at a store over 100 miles away even though I have a store only 20 miles away that's always fully stocked with new releases. Guess it's for the best since I can get it at another chain store for relatively cheap since I have both a gift card and store credit that makes it cheaper than Best Buy's price.

HUH?! Why would they do that? That's not right at all.

$30 for an ugly steelbook? I think not. Went with the regular version.

I noticed that AoU was a red case and Ant-man is a black case. Courious.

Mine was $24.
18T7NUf.jpg

rTJ35dt.jpg

G0H8HYL.jpg

vwv8LFB.jpg

OY3zcZ2.jpg

KuKdqEE.jpg

If you'll notice, the art is backwards on the inside front cover. The BULLET HOLE should be on OUR left if the Bullet inside is on the right
GmtdoWd.jpg

Just bought the blu-ray. Excited to watch it, but it won't be for a week or two.

I watched my BR copy tonight and am now just waiting for my DVD copy.

I finally watched it this morning. Wondering what the Target exclusives are

Got it for Christmas. Not sure when I'll watch it since I got like 5 other movies as well lol

Finally got around to watching this. Keep in mind, I never gave two fu**s about Ant-Man growing up. I always thought he was a lame superhero from Marvel. His awful costumes didn't help either. I mainly watched this for Michael Douglas.

Well, I got to be honest with you. This movie was surprisingly good. Granted, it felt like Iron Man mixed with Mission Impossible, but I was entertaining by what they were able to do onscreen with the special effects from his point of view when he was tiny to the fight scenes. Shrinking size makes Ant-Man a formidable opponent. The movie version won me over on him.

One of my favorite scenes was seeing young Michael Douglas. I was in awe.

CONS:

1.) I couldn't take Yellowjacket seriously because they tried too hard on making you want to hate him. I felt like I was watching Tobey Maguire play Lex Luthor.

2.)
"My days of breaking into places and stealing stuff are over. What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to break into a place and steal some stuff."

That was funny in the trailer. I hated how they changed stuff to sh** in the actual film.

3.) Both Blu-Ray covers suck. I wish they used the one of him flying on the ant. That was a great poster!

Last edited:
Is anyone disappointed in not having that original opening scene they shot of young Hank in action in Panama? It was like a James Bond intro adventure. It's even mentioned by Peyton.

I'm wondering if they might make a future one shot extra out of it for aother Blu Ray release. As for what we do have, agreed it's a decent commentary, however it's pretty average overall. But then I just sat through the new Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies extended extras so might be a bit unfair. But .. that's how I want my extras all the time!

On the Blu-Ray deleted scenes they shows some footage of Panama mission intercut with Hank telling Scott he spent decades as shield's greatest covert asset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"