Revenge of the Fallen The Official Transformers: ROTF DVD/Bluray Thread

So today I thought "When I check the Digital Bits later I don't wanna read about any problems with the Blu-ray." Sure enough:

"It appears that there may be volume problems with the DTS-HD MA mix on the Wal-Mart-exclusive IMAX version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen on Blu-ray. We've gotten a number of complaints from readers about it. We don't have the disc ourselves, so we're looking into it and will update you when we know more. Be advised that the regular Blu-ray version available at other retailers is unaffected"

Why the bad place Wal-mart call it BIG Screen version rather than IMAX version?
Because IMAX is a brand name. You need to pay royalties in order to use the name on a product.

Any one tried the webcam game yet? Honestly, i cant be bothered

Listening to the commentary with the writers and Michael Bay but looks like they were recorded seperately and spliced together, Bay just rambles on and on but the writers give insight into how they wanted the sequel to work.

They mentioned Empire Strikes Back and Superman 2 as examples in which the main protagonist goes through a rite of passage so to speak which is why Optimus dies and Sam learns more how his destiny was always connected with the TF's.

And also we learn in one the documentaries that it was Bay's idea for Devastator's balls bit.

All that aside it is still one bad place of a movie and next year it most definitely deserves some sort of academy award for it's SFX.

TWEC DVD Steelbook
TF2_FYE.jpg

Walmart (Bigscreen Edition)
TF2_WM.jpg

Target Bumblebee Packaging
TF2_TARGET.jpg

Bestbuy Transformers Poster (Double Sided Graphics)
TF2_BB01.jpg

TF2_BB02.jpg

Bestbuy Giftset
TF2_BB05.jpg

TF2_BB03.jpg

TF2_BB04.jpg

TF2_BB06.jpg

TF2_BB00.jpg

In Transit: FutureShop Bluray Steelbook

Okay...in the theatre I was pretty harsh on this film and it still has a lot wrong with it but I enjoyed it on dvd better than I did in the theatre. A lot of the plot holes are still huge and stupid but some holes that people pointed out weren't actually holes if you watch the movie...like Mikaela having the box with Wheelie in it out of no where. She threw it at Alice and it went out the window and then they got it while running. Stuff like that. I really liked the movie up until the desert when the Twins get too much screen time...it just seems to fall apart from there.

I must say though...it looks beautiful on bluray. I don't remember if I gave this a 6 or 7 out of 10 but it rises up a little to about a 7.5/10.

xage...why on Earth would you spend that much money for the same exact movies??? WTF!? You bought like 4 of the exact same dvd's...:dry: I bet you spent over $100 on one movie???

i think she pics up the box when they go in the car

Okay...in the theatre I was pretty harsh on this film and it still has a lot wrong with it but I enjoyed it on dvd better than I did in the theatre. A lot of the plot holes are still huge and stupid but some holes that people pointed out weren't actually holes if you watch the movie...like Mikaela having the box with Wheelie in it out of no where. She threw it at Alice and it went out the window and then they got it while running. Stuff like that. I really liked the movie up until the desert when the Twins get too much screen time...it just seems to fall apart from there.

I must say though...it looks beautiful on bluray. I don't remember if I gave this a 6 or 7 out of 10 but it rises up a little to about a 7.5/10.

xage...why on Earth would you spend that much money for the same exact movies??? WTF!? You bought like 4 of the exact same dvd's...:dry: I bet you spent over $100 on one movie???

Xage pretty much buys/collects every version of everything from horror, comic book & sci-fi movies that comes out.

the movie is better on home video than in the cinema for me, caught most of the conversations clearer at home... although the plasma cannon that "destroyed" Devastator still seems ridiculous.

the movie is better on home video than in the cinema for me, caught most of the conversations clearer at home... although the plasma cannon that "destroyed" Devastator still seems ridiculous.

I thought it was a rail gun. Perhaps I am wrong it has been a few months since i have seen it.

i think she pics up the box when they go in the car
I think you missed my point. In here, people were poking at plot holes left and right. One of them was that Mikaela has the box with Wheelie one minute, then she suddenly doesn't, then she has it again. However, when you watch the movie, she carries it up to see Sam, throws it at Alice, and then picks it up when they are outside running. It is very quick and you miss it if you aren't paying attention.

Yes there are some big plot holes still in the movie, but a few of the little ones that people whined about in here aren't even plot holes. That was my point.

picked up the imax version from walmart on blu ray for only $18. the imax scenes literally made my jaw drop. we wont talk about the movie itself, but this is definitely my best demo material for my tv!

the IMAX scenes sure showed off the super-cgi power...

EDIT: oh, and The Twins has more Dialouge (esp during Shanghai scene when they crash), and Mikeala screams the f-word when Sam dies i think

Last edited:
picked up the imax version from walmart on blu ray for only $18. the imax scenes literally made my jaw drop. we wont talk about the movie itself, but this is definitely my best demo material for my tv!

Its actually $15.99 on most Walmarts here in Northern Los Angeles.

92698801.jpg

Got my 2 Disc DVD! :) on the back it says "Dialouge is different from theatrical version" or something (next to the PG rating). Anyone knows what has been changed?

the one that stood out for me was when the sam, mikeala, leo, bumblebee and the twins are shown after primes death. leo says something about wanting to leave and there wanted by everyone, and then one of the twins yells out his name and calls him a "wuss". in what i remember in the theater he calls him a "wuss"

They call Leo a wuss, then he leaves. When he comes back they're messing with him again and call him a wuss. They say both.

the one that stood out for me was when the sam, mikeala, leo, bumblebee and the twins are shown after primes death. leo says something about wanting to leave and there wanted by everyone, and then one of the twins yells out his name and calls him a "wuss". in what i remember in the theater he calls him a "wuss"

One of the twins call Leo a wuss shortly after the forest battle but in another/different scene they call him a wuss when he is freaking out.

I think you missed my point. In here, people were poking at plot holes left and right. One of them was that Mikaela has the box with Wheelie one minute, then she suddenly doesn't, then she has it again. However, when you watch the movie, she carries it up to see Sam, throws it at Alice, and then picks it up when they are outside running. It is very quick and you miss it if you aren't paying attention.
Yes. And then they have the box in the Silver Saturn that Mikela hotiwres. But, that car is left in the factory where Megatron and the Decepticons torture Sam. The box is not seen again until Mikela takes it out of Bumblebee's trunk. You see Mikela and Leo run out of the factory, but they don't have the box. The plot hole is, how did the box containing Wheelie get from the factory to Bumblebee's trunk?

Just watched my copy of the Walmart BIG SCREEN EDITION of Transformers 2 blu-ray...its great!!!

I love that it changes aspect ratio (like The Dark Knight blu-ray) during the Forrest Fight (with extended scene) and the Devastator formation. It makes those moments even more epic to watch!!

Also, Mikaela does curse...right after Sam dies she says "effing do something!".

This was totally worth the buy!!!

Yes. And then they have the box in the Silver Saturn that Mikela hotiwres. But, that car is left in the factory where Megatron and the Decepticons torture Sam. The box is not seen again until Mikela takes it out of Bumblebee's trunk. You see Mikela and Leo run out of the factory, but they don't have the box. The plot hole is, how did the box containing Wheelie get from the factory to Bumblebee's trunk?
Well maybe that was the one they were talking about:woot:

Anyone know if anywere in the UK will be selling the IMAX version on Blu-ray?

The special features were pretty good, I enjoyed the Documentaries, my only complaint is once again the lack of interviews with the voice cast of the transformers , The Transformers are the real stars and yet their isn't an interview from Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime or Hugo Weaving as Megatron sharing their thoughts on the movie, the direction Bay has gone in reinventing the Transformers for this generation etc...

Does anyone know about any easter eggs on the Blu-Ray & how to find them? I do know that the create your own Transformer game is supposed to unlock an easter egg but I haven't figured out the right combinations yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"