Maryland Boy, 15, Charged With Killing Family

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Captain Planet!, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Captain Planet! The Power Is Yours

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/national/2008/02/03/Four.Dead/
    I don't live too far away from Cockeysville. What is wrong with the people of today!? :csad:

2. Scooter Registered

His last name was Browning. As good a name as any for killin'.

Shame.

3. Alex The Great Registered

4. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Damn, he's quite disturbed.

Condolences to the family. :csad:

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

They're dead.:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

6. Halloween Registered

Alot of times, the gunman usually kills himself too so he doesn't spend his entire life in jail or face execution.

7. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

8. Carcharodon Registered

WTF? Has Jourmugand created another account or something?

9. tzarinna Mamochka

another reason not to have babies....

10. Spade Seeking new challengers

Why did he bother tossing the gun in the bushes? They were bound to find it while searching for evidence and get his prints.

11. tzarinna Mamochka

He's 15....

12. turtlefocker Registered

hahahaha...

Is it sick that I laughed at this.... yea I think it's sick.

13. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Just another reason not to have a gun in the house. It's that much easier for a kid to get to it....:(

14. tzarinna Mamochka

It's no chore to get a gun.

15. squeekness The mighty squeek!

It might be intimidating to a 15 year old who might not know how to get one. Knowing it was in the house and accessible probably made his decision to kill that much easier. The gun should have had a gun lock on it at least.

16. Tempest19 Registered

/\ Very true. A gun in the house is easier to lead to these shooting incidents than the teen having to seek out a gun through other means. This goes for everything from random shootings to school shootings and this seemingly Amityville like murder (murdering sleeping family).

17. tzarinna Mamochka

Sounds like this kid has had bad relations with his dad for a long time now. I wouldn't doubt that this was premeditated, not on the whim there just so happens to be a gun in the house.

18. Tempest19 Registered

He had what he believed was reasonable motives. That's a huge part of it. But, if the gun wasn't in the house he would have hesitated because someone might find out that he got the gun. Now, since the gun was in the house not only did he have the motives- he easily had the means to follow through with it. And no one would become suspicious due to his seeking out a gun. Trust me, if the gun wasn't in the house things may have went down differently. He would be on guard about getting one because that would/might stir suspicion. The fact that the gun was in the house didn't make him kill, it allowed him to kill.

19. tzarinna Mamochka

The way disposed of the gun begs to differ on that "someone might find out".

20. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say only you worded it better than I did. :)

21. Tempest19 Registered

No Ty, not what I'm getting at. Not that the police would get suspicious. That his victims would. Because if someone became suspicious before he had a chance to use the gun, he wouldn't have been able to continue with his plans as he would have liked. He didn't mind if people were suspicious AFTER the event, just that no one had a clue prior to the murder. Because if people were suspicious prior to the murder that would have fcked up what he wanted to do.

22. tzarinna Mamochka

Doesn't really matter, he's totally ****ed.

23. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Well, that depends. He automatically gets out of the death penalty, if he even cares. Depending on that state's laws, he could be out at 21.

24. Tempest19 Registered

Really depends on how you look at it. He did what he wanted to do. Not many care about what happens afterwards- some resort to suicide while others go to jail. Those who commit suicide are afraid of life in jail. Some who do go to jail later regret what they have done and talk to teens who may be troubled to deter them from making the same horrible choice they made.

Wrote an episode concerning school shootings for a virtual series I write and manage. And a large part of writing that episode was trying to get inside of these troubled teens heads and thinking like they think to get it as accurate as possible. And the end does and doesn't really factor in until near the end- a lot already see themselves as "dead" so consequences don't really matter, it's only a choice of do I fear prison or do I not fear prison? Those who don't want to go to prison kill themselves. But, point is- the end is irrelevant more or less. The motive, means and accomplishing the goal are the three key things that factor into what guides these teens. In their minds, if they're already at the point of murder they feel "dead" so consequences mean ****.

And yeah, I know this wasn't a school shooting but several factors are the same: troubled teenager, problems at an environment that pushes them to this point, the motive of 'revenge', it was a build-up to this conclusion and the victim was someone/something they had a problem with.

25. squeekness The mighty squeek!

^^True. Makes ya wonder if they will possibly put him in a hospital instead. Never know.....