Mass Shootings/killings in America: the All Inclusive Thread

I had been hopeful that with the NRA failing, gun laws would get better but no. What is so threatening about a damn background check? Geez...
Seriously. The number one red flag for potential mass shooters is domestic violence. How hard is it to agree that if someone's own family members have a reason to fear for their life around them, then maybe they shouldn't own a gun?

Last edited:
Brian Tyler Cohen: “The Colorado shooter’s dad on finding out his son murdered people: ‘They started telling me about the incident, a shooting... And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I got scared, ‘****, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, phew… I am a conservative Republican.’” “The Colorado shooter’s dad: ‘I praised him for violent behavior really early. I told him it works... You’ll get immediate results.’ He then went on to praise the Colorado shooter’s grandpa, a MAGA Republican politician named Randy Voepel who supported the January 6 insurrection.” Video: Extended excerpts | CBS 8 interview with Aaron Brink, father of alleged Club Q gunman | cbs8.com

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, which arrested alleged Club Q shooter in 2021, has never initiated a red flag gun seizure

Last edited:
This is what Republicans are all about now. They are fine if you murder anyone not them.

Seriously. The number one red flag for potential mass shooters is domestic violence. How hard is it to agree that if someone's own family members have a reason to fear for their life around them, then maybe they shouldn't own a gun?
I know, right? But it's one less gun sale! Oh, noes! :rolleyes:

Brian Tyler Cohen: “The Colorado shooter’s dad on finding out his son murdered people: ‘They started telling me about the incident, a shooting... And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I got scared, ‘****, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, phew… I am a conservative Republican.’” “The Colorado shooter’s dad: ‘I praised him for violent behavior really early. I told him it works... You’ll get immediate results.’ He then went on to praise the Colorado shooter’s grandpa, a MAGA Republican politician named Randy Voepel who supported the January 6 insurrection.” Video: Extended excerpts | CBS 8 interview with Aaron Brink, father of alleged Club Q gunman | cbs8.com

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, which arrested alleged Club Q shooter in 2021, has never initiated a red flag gun seizure

Business Insider - Club Q suspect and mother accused of verbally attacking airplane passengers with racial slurs months before the Colorado shooting

So heartbreaking.

It hits even closer to home because I KNOW this Walmart. When we first moved to Chesapeake, Virginia, THIS was our go-to Walmart.

Heck, I was just there a couple months ago. My deepest of sympathies to the families of those involved.

i know lots of people who shop at this walmart and my friend's daughter was in there a few hours before this happened

This is never going to stop happening as long as there are guys like this. :(
And as long as the media keeps them "glorified" by naming them and focusing more on them than their victims.

Saw that on the news. Crazy! They should take a hard look at the gun owner. No way should that kid have had access to that weapon.

I don't know. It's Virginia under Republican control. I'm sure they are responsible somehow. They are all for zero gun regulation, laws or control so...

They say it was an intentional shooting. What kind of petty thing could a teacher and 6 year old student argue about? How did the kid know how to shoot a gun? At 6 I just wanted to watch cartoons and play outside.

They say it was an intentional shooting. What kind of petty thing could a teacher and 6 year old student argue about? How did the kid know how to shoot a gun? At 6 I just wanted to watch cartoons and play outside.
Same here. All I can guess is the kid was allowed to get away with a lot at home but not at school, so he built a resentment. Maybe he had older siblings that bragged about guns or whatnot so he was exposed to that culture (or maybe video games though I hate to go right there) Obviously he was somewhere with easy access to at least the one gun, which I blame on the owner. Still it's all really sad and the kid is going to have a lot to deal with once he gets old enough to fully realize what he did.,

Same here. All I can guess is the kid was allowed to get away with a lot at home but not at school, so he built a resentment. Maybe he had older siblings that bragged about guns or whatnot so he was exposed to that culture (or maybe video games though I hate to go right there) Obviously he was somewhere with easy access to at least the one gun, which I blame on the owner. Still it's all really sad and the kid is going to have a lot to deal with once he gets old enough to fully realize what he did.,
How he moves on from here will definitely be interesting. A lot will depend on the people around him, which judging from the situation, aren't the most responsible people.

How he moves on from here will definitely be interesting. A lot will depend on the people around him, which judging from the situation, aren't the most responsible people.
If he did get the gun from home, he may get moved into foster care. If he gets the right people it may be an improvement.

They say it was an intentional shooting. What kind of petty thing could a teacher and 6 year old student argue about?.
The "petty thing" they were arguing about was the fact that he had a gun.
Apparently she wanted to confiscate it. ...then he shot her.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/01/08/richneck-elementary-school-shooting-newport-news-virginia/ said:
“She was going to confiscate it — and that’s when he shot,” Brittaney Gregory, whose son was in the class, told the Washington Post.

It's Virginia under Republican control. I'm sure they are responsible somehow. They are all for zero gun regulation, laws or control so...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/01/08/richneck-elementary-school-shooting-newport-news-virginia/ said:
An adult could face misdemeanor charges if the gun came from a home where the child lives, ....because under Virginia law, guns need to be secured from children under 14.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"