The Official Mass Effect thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye im like 9 hours in right now and I have done a few side quests

its cause im too into the story and in a "just wanna see what happens next" frame of mind - if only I had done a few more side quests poor rex coulda been spared

That's what the new game+ is for. :cwink:

created two new characters the other day. Playing as a Bale look-a-like with a Vanguard class, and a female Infiltrator.

The pull power is automatically awesome, right off the bat.

created two new characters the other day. Playing as a Bale look-a-like with a Vanguard class, and a female Infiltrator.

The pull power is automatically awesome, right off the bat.
"Pull"? Are you sure you're not talking about Mass Effect 2?

Sorry, meant throw.

I thought it was pull, because of how those dudes seem to bounce off walls.

Oh, yeah, Throw is super-awesome. That and Lift are basically the only biotic powers I use with any freqency.

I've never really used those powers until now. Mass Effect 2 has essentially provided me with an incentive for playing through ME1 with different classes.

I really love the biotic powers, nice fun.

Even the tech powers are pretty cool.

The tech powers are pretty useless to me. I'm more of an offensive player, so I'm finding my Infiltrator run a lot tougher than my Vanguard run. The sniper rifle is fun, but its usefulness is limited.

I think the tech powers are really useful, especially in the first game where you're mostly fighting robots.

Sorry, bad word choice. They're useful, I just don't really like them as much as the biotics.

I'm having a hard time remembering what the soldier powers were. Because, it feels like I've got more tools at my disposal in combat as a Vanguard and an Infiltrator.

I think the endurance boost was one, but that was pretty useless unless I needed to retreat and avoid re-loading a save file.

Soldiers got Immunity and some other personal buffs and could master any weapon. Basically, if you want to just play ME as a shooter, Soldier's the way to go. Very little pausing to deploy powers, you can buff yourself to soak up tons of damage, and you can shoot things with just about any weapon you can get your hands on.

The tech powers are pretty useless to me. I'm more of an offensive player, so I'm finding my Infiltrator run a lot tougher than my Vanguard run. The sniper rifle is fun, but its usefulness is limited.

I have to say with the new armor/shileds > Biotics system, Techs are freaking insanely good in 2.

Last edited:
That's sad. I'm sure there's still something to be said for tossing a guy 20 feet with only the power of your mind, though. :hehe:

I just watched a guy get tossed like 90 feet in the air, on Feros, and land in the background of a location I could not reach.

I can't believe I lasted this long without a Vanguard playthrough.

And for as hit-or-really ****ing miss the create-a-shep is, I found a surprisingly great Christian Bale cap for ME1.

And, I'm really enjoying my Infilitrator playthrough. My female Shepard gets called a ***** like every 20 minutes, right before I cap a Krogan...or whatever it is that's shooting at me.

I like the character creator. My Infiltrator Shep looks kind of like the love-child of Gina Gershon and Rashida Jones. :)

I'd love to try a Gina Gershon cap.

The Character creator seems to be alot better for females. But, it can be like bashing your head against a wall trying to create a certain face for the Male Shep.

I tend to stick with the "Iconic" Shep.

Maybe that's why. I don't usually have a picture in mind when I use the character creator. I go in with a very basic idea--dark skin/brown hair/blue eyes, light skin/red hair/green eyes, whatever--and just play around until I find something that looks good.

Here's my Infiltrator Shep. I was trying out a screencap program after I created her.

Malia3.jpg

Playing right now and I instantly didnt trust Nihlus when he was first introduced. Boy did I speak too soon...lol

Anyways, how long is this game supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"