The Official Mass Effect thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
This thread will be the official place for discussing news, posting any related media, and just general chat about the amazing upcoming game Mass Effect.

We've seen the demo footage, but now there is new footage of the game that includes vehicle combat.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2211

You can find both the X06 demo footage and the new MTV Exclusive footage in that link.

Mass Effect is an RPG sci-fi epic where you play Commander Shepard, the commander of a ship called the Normandy. An ancient machine race wiped out all civilizations 50, 000 years ago. Now, they're coming back. Interact with various alien species, command a ship, and travel across a galaxy to find a way to stop the coming destruction.

You can create Commander Shepard crom the ground up, making the character male or female, whichever you please. Or you can select a pre-made character. Play your part in RPG dialogue that looks alot like cut scenes. You can even interrupt other characters and grab them if the option is available. You can choose to bribe characters or threaten them, as seen in previous media for the game.

The area that you can travel seems to be huge. You can travel across the galaxy, visiting planets and even asteroids. Not everything is connected to the main story, there will be sub plots to explore.

Take your crew down to a planet in your buggy, driving it across the surface. You can even use it to shoot the enemy. Take part in strategic combat, switching between members of your crew or telling your crew where to go and what to do.

Here is the Mass Effect FAQ, with lots of interesting info.

http://mefaq.sendu.me.uk/

One thing I am looking forward to, is that they promise to release two sequels to the game. And you can use your created character from the first game for these sequels! Plus, like Oblivion, they will be releasing content in between the games. You know, probably stuff like extra missions and more planets.

Some recent screenshots... http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3663_en.html

Some more screenshots, scroll to the bottom http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/

masseffect_02_745x440.jpg

masseffect_02_745x440.jpg

masseffect_15_745x440.jpg

I can't wait for this game!
That third screen shot looks gorgeous.

this game looks pretty good. im not a big fan of the character models tho.

I've like seriously been looking forward to this game. What's totally cool is that BioWare is doing it, and they have a pretty good track record in the RPG world.

Downloaded a few things off XBL and it looks amazing with only 14 months development.

doesn't hurt to have more since this game is going to be amazing.

Oblivion has competition thats for sure.

XwolverineX said:
Best game ever. But there's already a thread.

The other thread is titled "X06 Trailer" or something like that. This is the official thread for discussion of ALL new media and news related to Mass Effect.

Does anyone have any info I haven't already posted?

the artwork is beautiful. It will really suck if this game doesn't live up to the hype but it I would surely doubt it.

I wonder what type of vehicles are in this game as well.

kainedamo said:
The other thread is titled "X06 Trailer" or something like that. This is the official thread for discussion of ALL new media and news related to Mass Effect.

Does anyone have any info I haven't already posted?

Actually, Drt made an official thread.

So what do you think of that artwork? Pretty good, huh?

I think the makers of this game are holding out on us. There is obviously more to the game than what they've shown us judging by that artwork.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere, can't remember where exactly, that this game will feature a different selection of vehicles. I probably saw it in the FAQ.

That cool little hover thing that is used for driving around the surface of planets. And of course, the Normandy itself. You get to command a big ship!

But what about space combat? Or even Star Wars style dog fights? Maybe the latter is a bit much to ask... but surely the Normandy has some firepower in her. Maybe you get to assign people to posts and gun turrets? "Sheilds up!! Fire at the engines!!".

What does everyone think? I think if this game had stuff like that, maybe they would have showed it by now. Then again, it seems to be a massive game. And judging by some beautiful concept art, they seem to be holding out a little. If there is no space combat in this game, maybe in a sequel?

I wasnt interested in this game since it was labeled as a RPG but after watching that preview, Im SOLD!

kainedamo said:
I've seen it mentioned somewhere, can't remember where exactly, that this game will feature a different selection of vehicles. I probably saw it in the FAQ.

That cool little hover thing that is used for driving around the surface of planets. And of course, the Normandy itself. You get to command a big ship!

But what about space combat? Or even Star Wars style dog fights? Maybe the latter is a bit much to ask... but surely the Normandy has some firepower in her. Maybe you get to assign people to posts and gun turrets? "Sheilds up!! Fire at the engines!!".

What does everyone think? I think if this game had stuff like that, maybe they would have showed it by now. Then again, it seems to be a massive game. And judging by some beautiful concept art, they seem to be holding out a little. If there is no space combat in this game, maybe in a sequel?

I would think the Normandy would have some fire power, they found a way of putting space fights into KOTOR, so it's possible they could add some to Mass Effect. Though I hope it's something entirely different, the way the space fights were set up in KOTOR got boring pretty quick.

Addendum said:
Already a thread

The Mass Effect Hype Thread- created August of this year.

You do know this site has a search feature

That thread is old and has too many pages. People talking about KOTOR for five pages straight, that type of thing. My thread has all the news that thread has, and more, and all on the first page.

Getting a 360 for Christmas, so I started looking at games that are coming out, and found this one. Looks and sounds amazing so far. Those screens are beautiful. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"