The Official Mass Effect thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could probably get through them on a second playthrough or something, but I just don't really like bothering to replay the same game, effectively, only harder. If I'm going for another playthrough, I'm probably gonna be going with a different character to try different choices and powers instead.

Is it possible to get to up to level 60 in two playthroughs if I do one speed run first with only essential story missions, and then do a full run with all the side quests second? I'm starting on my second playthrough with my Vanguard Shep and I'm kind of dreading having to play through the entire game all over again, so it occurred to me that a speed run first followed by my "real" playthrough would make more sense for future Sheps...

Yeah, you can do it.

I hit 57 in a single, full playthrough, just 20K shy of 58, give or take. A speed run of just the main story would give you the experience necessary to hit those last few levels in your full playthrough.

Mind you, you'll need to hop out of the Mako to kill things. But that's usually faster than killing stuff with the Mako, anyway.

You had to do most of the sidequests but you can do Level 60 in 2 playthroughs.

All of the side quests is what I consider a "full" playthrough. I do pretty much everything in the game.
Yeah, you can do it.

I hit 57 in a single, full playthrough, just 20K shy of 58, give or take. A speed run of just the main story would give you the experience necessary to hit those last few levels in your full playthrough.

Mind you, you'll need to hop out of the Mako to kill things. But that's usually faster than killing stuff with the Mako, anyway.
Wait, you can go past level 50 immediately after beating the game just once? You don't have to beat the game again with each new character to bump up the level cap for that specific character?

I usually end up in the 50's after one playthrough but I think that was with the XP bonus rewards you receive for completing the game (and then the other one for doing it more than 1).

So the achievements count once you get them for all of your Sheps? This is the first time I've actively tried to have multiple Shepards going so that I can have a few saves to choose from when I start up ME2.

Yeah, caps and such are unlocked across the board.

Also, thumbs up on the avatar.

I'm not sure I understand your question?

You mean for unlocking assault rifles, shotguns, etc?

Once you unlock them, and if you start off with an adept, you have the option of using an assault rifle or shotgun.

The level 60 bonus wasn't too big of a deal imo. The level 50 + having completed the game more than 1 bonuses are all that one really needs.

So I started playing ME1 again to prepare for ME2 (late, but whatever, I've been moving cross country) and I look at my previous save. 10 hours and it's at the final boss at lvl 27 or something absurd.

On this game I'm playing now I'm 13 hours in, lvl 29 or so and haven't even really started the main story once you get to move around the galaxy.

The things I missed my first time around...

Yeah, I usually pick up Liara and then cruise around the galaxy doing every side quest I can find.

I approve of Corp's little info thingy there under his name on that thar sidebar thing.

Garrus rocks. Garrus is my main Shepard's second-in-command, totally.

Garrus in Mass Effect 2 is the most hardcorest, awesomest, coolest dude ever.

He surpassed Wrex for me in oozing sheer badassery and I freaking love Wrex.

Haha, totally agree. Garrus is awesome. I always viewed him as the Riker to my Shep's Picard. Or the Tigh to my Adama if you prefer. :]

Wrex is Worf.

Yeah, Garrus and Wrex are my main team for my badass Vanguard Shep. I'm playing as a Paragon Infiltrator now, though, with Wrex and Liara as my team (since I can do all the Decryption and Electronics stuff on my own for once). Also, sniper rifles? F***ing awesome. :awesome:

I played through with Kaidan and Liara for my latest Infiltrator run. It was kind of funny - Kaidan had all the Renegade lines through most of the game, right up to the finale. Then when the Citadel v2 level comes around, it's Liara spouting the Renegade stuff.

She's kind of scary when she's telling [blackout]you to sacrifice the Council for the greater good and then goes and shoots Saren in the face[/blackout].

Haha, I've usually got Wrex spouting all the Renegade stuff. I'm playing through again with my Vanguard Shep to get him up to level 60, though, and I've got Ashley and Talia as my team. Should be interesting to see Ashley descend into total a**holedom as the voice of Renegade stuff. :hehe:

Ashley and Wrex are the most convincing Renegades. Garrus, too, but only at certain points.

The game's scale, from Paragon to Renegade: Liara, Kaidan, Garrus, Tali, Ashley, Wrex.

It irks me that Tali, who's still a child, is counted as more Renegade than Garrus.

Yeah, that boggled my mind. Although, I guess they might be considering where each character starts at. Tali's kind of wild by galactic civilization's standards, having come from this very different society of nomadic survivors who have different moral codes and such. Garrus is an ex-cop, and he only gets really bad if you encourage him as Shep. I'm dissuading him from all of his anger at C-Sec with my Paragon Infiltrator now, in fact.

Garrus is still pretty Renegade to begin with. His actions reguarding Doctor Saleon are before he met Shepard, after all, and there's his introduction with Dr. Michele.

Renegade Shep makes Garrus realize his full badass potential. Paragon Shep makes him a whinyboy.

True enough.

I'm at a weird spot right now with my Infiltrator. I've been playing with Wrex and Ashley until I could save Liara, and I've been leveling Wrex with a few points in some useful biotics, a few points in AR (decided to go for that over Shotguns since my Infiltrator's a sniper, hence range is more useful in my allies), and a few points in the armor/defense classes. Right now, though, around level 13, since Wrex has many more useful skills, I'm at this weird point where Ashley is actually kicking a hell of a lot more ass than Wrex. She's got AR and Shield Boost maxed and like 50 more health than Wrex. It feels... wrong. :huh:

She's a Soldier and has a ton of defensive things. Wrex brings his biotics into the mix (making him more useful).

Yeah, but I'm thinking I may stick with Ashley since I'm gonna have Liara as my second teammate. Have an all-girl squad. Then I can play through with Kaidan and Tali alongside my Vanguard Shep to get the last of the "ally" achievements. My Vanguard kicks enough ass all by himself that he can work with two relatively weak teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"