Mass Shootings/killings in America: the All Inclusive Thread

Plenty of "good guys with a gun" are police who abuse that status, let alone security guards and the like who are at best "ok guys with a gun."

Some idiot wearing body armor walked into a Walmart with a rifle to “test his second amendment rights.”

Some idiot wearing body armor walked into a Walmart with a rifle to “test his second amendment rights.”
Oh so that's what he's calling it. Fox News had two gun rights people on the air and one agreed on the background checks, the other was against them and said this will hurt Trump in the general election.

Missouri is also an open carry state meaning he didn't do anything illegal, technically. But this kind of brazen attitude walking around with a ****ing assault rifle is why he's an idiot.

All those guns rights supporters are twisting themselves up justifying their stance and at the same time condemning him for doing literally what they say they have a right to do.

Oh so that's what he's calling it. Fox News had two gun rights people on the air and one agreed on the background checks, the other was against them and said this will hurt Trump in the general election.

I don't see how. The NRA doesn't have the funds to campaign against it. Also, are they going to not support Trump?

Well ya know that's what is important. :/ Human life is only precious when it serves a purpose.

I don't see how. The NRA doesn't have the funds to campaign against it. Also, are they going to not support Trump?
Some nonsense about how he's betraying his base by expanding the background checks.

We won't know if he is a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun unless someone starts shooting first.

Can’t say how many times I’ve watched this clip over the past few days...

I hate having to "like" something such as this, but it's just alll too true. Trump is the symptom. If it wasn't him it would be someone markedly similar.

We elected an African-American president who had slurs thrown at him, was lynched in effigy, had his wife and chrildren demeaned as "monkeys" and was delegitimized from the start as a foreigner by whites in the country... And everyone in media tried to play the even handed game. And before I get the usual suspects chiming in.... No, the over the top "Bush is Hitler" stuff is not the same thing.

"Oh, this is NOT about race." "This is about economic populism in the wake of the recession." No. It was about race. It's about a thick slice of the American public willing to swallow any lie, believe any unfounded notion, revel in victimhood while telling actual victims to shut up about their plight, all this.... rather than own up to the history of the country and the facts of TODAY. And there are all the ways big and little that contribute to it. The media not wanting to call a spade a spade being one of them. And so here we are... Trump will go away one way or another but the voters that put him there and the attitudes they have are going to be with us for a long time and have been here being fed cynical propaganda for decades. They are the Wallace/Nixon voter, the Reagan voter, the Gingrich revolution voter of the 90's, the Tea Party member, the Trump Voter of today. Not every person that cast their vote is an out and out white supremacist nor even an unthinking one. But each and every one of those candidates and groups were making appeals based on paranoid and unearned racial animus against non-white citizens to one degree or another, both those born here and those of more recent vintage.

What would be there anyway has been over the years stirred up to a boiling pitch again and again to the point of no return for more of our fellow citizens than we are as a whole, willing to admit. Swimming in guns and faced by choice with a tidal wave of reactionary media that keeps telling them the world for Caucasians is coming to an end we have been in a period of White Supremacist terrorism, and THAT IS WHAT IT IS, not seen in this country in a long time. What we are living with now is racially based violence that is motivated by politics. If that's not terrorism, I don't know what is. That there is so much inchoate about the perpetrators is irrelevant. The common tie is the resentment and anger at non-Whites, women in general and anyone perceived to be an "enemy" of their views on what in their minds is the rightful and default power structure of the country. A "White" power structure, which is in quotations because this mind set is found even among those who should know that they aren't really considered white by the hardcore racists and yet they have imbibed this unthinking rejection of modernity and pluralism to the point that they want in on some of that supremacist action.

And truly the only ones who can combat it are Whites. And this isn't, as some in their paranoid minds suspect, an effort at emasculation or some other nonsense they have been fed. Are you of English stock, be proud of English heritage. Italian? Know and celebrate your Italian roots. Irish? Educate your children about Ireland and the story of the Irish in America. No one is actually asking you not to. But just know that the little controversies that pop up so regularly now a days, like indeed the issue with say commercials for cereal with mixed raced children and families or the "outrage" at a shaving ad that somehow was interpreted as an attack on White maleness which had nothing said that was any more controversial than the themes that one gets from your average Captain America movie... This shows a problem, and don't fool yourselves, because the same resentments and weird paranoia that fuels the backlash against milquetoast COMMERCIALS as some nefarious plot against white men is the same that fuels these mass shooters today and other supremacist terrorists of the past, from the Oklahoma City bombers to the KKK.

If you are a White man that takes pride in honesty, truth, responsibility, strength of character and a belief in the ideals of a pluralistic society and it's, indeed, progressive march from the swamp of the history of human barbarity to the goal of a better and more peaceful and tolerant way of life for you today and your children tomorrow... This is on you. It's on you to either make a stand against this cancer in America among yourselves or recognizing your own weakness to this free floating paranoid resentment and fear battle in yourself to come to grips with how this mindset which is leading to so much hate and issues in society and yes, violence... It's simply not compatible with the ideals and morals you strive for. It's not compatible with the stories you tell yourself about who you are. It's not compatible with living in the modern world. And its not compatible with the best of our American traditions.

@KRYPTON INC.
I think it is safe to take “our American” out of your last sentence and replace it with “any civilised society’s”
And you’ve got a winner...

Things have gotten so much worse in such a short time, it’s difficult to know how to realistically begin to put it right.

They wanna find anything to get some closure.

Um, this looks like cops confronted a dude and he started returning fire. I don't know this situation fits under the type of mass shooting most of us think of.

Um, this looks like cops confronted a dude and he started returning fire. I don't know this situation fits under the type of mass shooting most of us think of.
I'm thinking not. Cops were called out for drug activity according to CNN. This guy probably would rather die than go to jail. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"