Mass Shootings/killings in America: the All Inclusive Thread

I live in Indiana, like 15 minutes outside of Chicago and I know of people that come over here to get guns because it's just an easier process regarding time and background checks. The ones that sell them don't really go through the formalities they should. A lot of them are just sold underground or whatever.

I live in Indiana, like 15 minutes outside of Chicago and I know of people that come over here to get guns because it's just an easier process regarding time and background checks. The ones that sell them don't really go through the formalities they should. A lot of them are just sold underground or whatever.

These are most likely private sellers who may not be under the same restrictions as an actual gun dealer depending on the state laws. A private seller in my state cant knowingly sell to anyone that isn't a felon and that's it. A bill of sale isnt even required.

A person can legally buy a bunch of guns from a dealer and sell them privately to people who cant legally buy them for profit. The gun dealer probably knows what they are doing but doesn't care because they want the sell. Its a legitimate issue to be addressed and should be talked about more when people bring up gun laws.

Yeah, that no one was able to shoot someone in a moving vehicle from their moving vehicle is definite proof that open and concealed carry laws don't work.

The Dayton shooting was pretty much stopped instantly. 30 seconds. Shooter still shot 27 people, killing 10 of them. "Good guy with a gun" is a power fantasy. I think it is safe to say a gun with that kind of killing power should not be in civilian hands.

This isnt accuate at all. You can't buy a handgun out of state anywhere unless you're military stationed in that state.

Yeah you can. From private sellers and from stores and expos.

You can even buy guns and ammunition online in the US. You just have to have the gun and ammo go to a licensed firearm dealer in your area.

You can also get concealed carry permits for multiple states. And with those it's even easier to get a handgun.

The Dayton shooting was pretty much stopped instantly. 30 seconds. Shooter still shot 27 people, killing 10 of them. "Good guy with a gun" is a power fantasy. I think it is safe to say a gun with that kind of killing power should not be in civilian hands.

It may not seem like it but you're talking about all guns except maybe single shot musket loaders. Even single and double barrel sport shotguns, and single and double barrel big game rifles can fire one bullet a second and be quickly reloaded if the shooter is practiced.

Last edited:
Yeah you can. From private sellers and from stores and expos.

You can even buy guns and ammunition online in the US. You just have to have the gun and ammo go to a licensed firearm dealer in your area.

You can also get concealed carry permits for multiple states. And with those it's even easier to get a handgun.

I was in a neighboring state at an Academy Sports store where I saw a 22. revolver I wanted. Being ignorant of the law I attempted to buy it and was informed I couldn't as soon as I showed my I.D.. I later bought one at an Academy store in my home state. That's proof you can't buy a gun at a store out of state.

If you buy a gun online, when it's shipped to a licensed dealer in your area (in other words, your State) that's where you are buying the gun.

Having a concealed carry license will allow to carry in reciprocal states and will allow you to bypass additional background checks when buying a gun in the state it was issued ( if it's not expired or revoked). It doesn't allow you to buy a handgun out of state.

You can buy a gun in a private sale in or out of state but your buying one this way because you can't pass a background check its illegal anyway.

Not every threat is a someone armed with an assault rifle in a mass shooting situation. Armed robbery, armed carjackings, assaults, rapes, kidnappings happen everyday.

Assault rifles are not concealed carry or open carry weapons. Only time someone carries one openly in public is to make a political point. What do they have to do with concealed carry laws? How does taking a 8 round pocket pistol out of the hands of a law abiding citizen prevent a mass shooting with an assault rifle? Focus on laws that limit and ban those type of guns.

We were due I guess.

At this early stage, the number of victims is of course all over the place....from 3 to 7 wounded....to one report saying 3 wounded but 7 hurt.

MSNBC is saying they are looking for a 15 year old Asian male wearing all black.

Latest report says 5 wounded...2 critical.

MSNBC now saying authorities are saying the suspect has been found and is no longer a threat....but....they don't know if that means he is under arrest or dead or what.

Awful that this continues to happen. Sad that I'm glad my daughter isn't in school anymore. :(

They're reporting the shooter is dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.

News keeps changing.....right now, they say the shooter could be alive and in custody. One victim reported dead. Police news conference due in around 20 minutes.

Two dead, three injured.

And apparently the shooter is still alive and in custody.

Man i was watching this all unfold via live streams and stuff and it made me really wonder...is this that so called Freedom?
Is that what people are willing to sacrifice just so that they can easily get a tool that fires bullets?

People got told to stay inside, watch the news to see how it goes, wait until the danger is over, stay close to their phones if hospitals or so call for family members, have to call their friends to see if they are alright and so on.

Is that really "Freedom"?

To some. As long as they don't know the people.

Now the shooter had died from his self inflicted wound so I suppose we'll never know why this even happened. :(

Now the shooter had died from his self inflicted wound so I suppose we'll never know why this even happened. :(

Probably the same reason like most of these younger shooters. Probably bullied, s*** on and treated like a reject and they had enough and let their anger go too far and end up taking it out on society. I love how people (not talking about you) either try to blame violent movies and video games OR they go for the whole "he had a mental issue and needed major meds".

There was a shooter or two in the past where their comments online were basically ranting about how sh**** society is or can be.

These will keep happening until society evolves and people stop crapping on people that might be socially awkward or just don't like to socialize a lot. Seeing how people are online over the years, those types quickly get written off as "creeps". Which is a total bs label.

I don't condone their actions because their actions are truly terrible but the ones who lost it for the reasons above I do have a bit of sympathy for. You can only change so much about yourself when it comes to social skills and "fitting in" with the rest of society. Everyone's brain isn't wired the same.

After reading about the teacher with the gunshot wound kit, which she apparently purchased. I feel like when my son enters High School I'll need to provide him with one or two. I may need to leave the States. If that is what it will come to when my son reaches that age, this is my option to protect my child, or home school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"