MAY - Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

wolverine9hb.jpg

Sorry about posting it again, cant edit my posts.

Hi Everybody!
Long time of admirer of the art posted here, first time submitter. I have been crazy with anticipation for X3, the only way I have been able to manage is to manically draw charcoal pictures of my favorite team... Here is my entry:

">

that's pretty cool, X-treme:up:

And welcome to the hype:)

i agree, nice entry and welcome

Well, I may not be jumping on this month. Xmen just aren't too inspiring for me anymore and I'm having a hard time staying focus on it. But hey, I may wind up doing something later, but don't expect anything. Sorry guys!

MadMaximus said:
Well, I may not be jumping on this month. Xmen just aren't too inspiring for me anymore and I'm having a hard time staying focus on it. But hey, I may wind up doing something later, but don't expect anything. Sorry guys!

i gotta admit, you were one of the ppl who i was kinda anticipating an awesome entry from

MadMaximus said:
same here mate,I did something but I dont really like it,I guess I will submit it anyways if I dont get inspired in the following weeks....And its E3 right now so Im game craze mode!

Here's my entry. It has X-Men in it, so it counts I hope. I dedicate it to my brother, who believes the X-Men can beat Superman:

x-menfinal2.jpg

I think I'm pretty much done with it, I sort of achieved what I was going for. What do you guys think? And by that, not who you think would beat who; no arguing.

I forgot to mention I made the entire thing in Paint because I'm poor and can't afford Photoshop.

Johnny DC said:
Here's my entry. It has X-Men in it, so it counts I hope. I dedicate it to my brother, who believes the X-Men can beat Superman:

x-menfinal2.jpg

I think I'm pretty much done with it, I sort of achieved what I was going for. What do you guys think? And by that, not who you think would beat who; no arguing.

you say "NO ARGUEING" with a picture like that? HAHAHAHAA! Nice one man... come into a tribute to the xmen art contest with that... well... i think it could have been colored with a better program, the clouds in the back ground should have been filtered a bit to get them down to the same quality as the rest of the pic. I think all the character look weak... but then i see beast and i have to say "WOW! THAT IN PAINT!" soo you got me on one of them.

GANG,
I've got some personal things I need to deal with, so I won't be hanging around as much.
I will be here for the end of the contest, but for the next couple of weeks I won't be as accesable...

Entries look great so far, I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of great X-MEN stuff...

Keep 'em coning and PLAY NICE!

CM

Johnny DC, for MS PAINT, that is some great work . . . I don't care what anyone else says . . . that's phenomenal work for such a primitive program; I don't know how anyone can say the characters are weak . . . you achieved an eerie likeness for such a crappy program . . . just that the figures on the bottom could use a little more clarity

Thanks. Originally, I had the characters at the bottom shaded entirely in black, but it didn't work out because you couldn't see Wolverine's hair.

I ended up kind of liking the way it wasn't too clear because it looked like there were more bodies lying down then you could see, like they were stacked in a pile.

And the fact that you say there is a likeness to the characters is a real compliment. I had different photos of each one around my drawing when I was making it in Paint.

Johnny DC said:

x-menfinal2.jpg

Johnny,

That's really good for using a paint program. I'd liek to see what you can do with photoshop....and Johnny, there are ways of getting photoshop that aren't expensive.

TheBatman1979 said:
...and Johnny, there are ways of getting photoshop that aren't expensive.
Arrr... Ye be right about that matey!

Pretty good Johnny! Was that mouse drawn too? I mouse draw all my stuff (including my entry) since I dont have a tablet and that looks like it was done mouse drawn too.

Good job, but I dont think Superman will be in X-Men 3 :)

TheBatman1979 said:
Johnny,

That's really good for using a paint program. I'd liek to see what you can do with photoshop....and Johnny, there are ways of getting photoshop that aren't expensive.
Oh, yeah? Hmm...

I do have photo editing software that I've gotten pretty good with called PhotoImpact, but I'm never satisfied with the coloring I do with it, so I just stick with paint.

MajinShenron said:
Pretty good Johnny! Was that mouse drawn too? I mouse draw all my stuff (including my entry) since I dont have a tablet and that looks like it was done mouse drawn too.

Yeah, it was mouse drawn with the line tool, otherwise my lines would be all over the place. My girlfriend gave me a Wacom board that I've tried using but I do most of my drawing at work (when, technically, I should be working :O) and can't connect it to the old computers they have.

Good job, but I dont think Superman will be in X-Men 3 :)
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"