MCU Fight: Loki Vs Drax The Destroyer

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Loki and Drax The Destroyer belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this week's match up

LOKI

86caa9082b290530301fde63e85aef58.gif

Vs

DRAX THE DESTROYER

URk10rT.gif

LOKI

- Superhuman Strength: Loki possessed considerable superhuman strength, and thus he had overpowered humans, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and the enhanced human Captain America with little effort, had easily defeated multiple Frost Giants, Dark Elves andBerserkers, and even handled an Infinity Stone without being harmed. However, Loki's strength is still outclassed by that of Hulk, Valkyrie, his adopted brother Thor, or Thanos though he was still able to fight Valkyrie on nearly equal grounds by matching her strength with his own skill, speed, and agility before she overpowered him, but he was completely unable to resist Thanos, who effortlessly overpowered and lifted him off his feet with no strain even as Loki struggled to break free, nor was he able to fight Hulk, who effortlessly lifted him off his feet and repeatedly pummeled and defeated him within seconds. When wielding the Scepter, which contained an Infinity Stone, and Gungnir, Loki managed to go toe-to-toe with and even pressure a Mjolnir-wielding Thor in a fight, albeit he was ultimately defeated even when Thor was holding back.

- Superhuman Durability: Loki has shown himself to be extremely durable to injuries, further augmented by his armor. Hence, Loki only flinched after getting shot in the face with a pistol, and was not at all affected by assault rifle rounds to his torso. Loki also barely reacted to a jab to the face from Captain America, and even a full force kick to the face from the latter that made Loki stumble back, only hurt him slightly. However, sufficiently powerful weapons, such as Iron Man's repulsors, Hawkeye's explosive arrows, and a deflected shot from his own Scepter, were at least able to cause Loki pain and leave minor marks. Loki's durability was implied to be far greater than that of a normal Frost Giant, as he was able to take multiple mighty blows from Valkyrie, and even Hulk and Thor without any fatal damage. In addition, as a Frost Giant, Loki was immune to the extreme cold of Jotunheim. He also managed to safely touch the Tesseract without being harmed

- Genius-Level Intellect: Loki was extremely intelligent, particularly in the fields of sorcery, tactics, manipulation, and deception, ranking as among the most intelligent individuals in the universe, being highly formidable even without using his powers or combat skills but simply through sheer intelligence, although while holding incredible intelligence, he was still way surpassed by someone as intelligent as Thanos's, with the latter thus easily completely deceiving and manipulating Loki into becoming his henchmen without him even realizing it for a long time and Loki would ultimately meet his true end when he attempted to fool and kill Thanos, who easily outsmarted Loki yet again, casually deflecting Loki's assassination attempt and then killing him without Loki being able to use his intelligence to survive the encounter. Also, Loki was initially noticeably superior to Thor in intelligence, repeatedly outsmarting him, but Thor would eventually manage to anticipate and outsmart Loki. Hence, despite lacking scientific expertise, he was able to understand and eventually utilize alien technologies with great proficiency, such as when he used a Midgard eye remover on Heinrich Schafer, when learned to use the control console that controlled the cage on Nick Fury's Helicarrier, and when he piloted both a Chitauri and Sakaaran airships.

- Expert Combatant: While Loki was far more interested in sorcery than Asgardian warrior arts, he had still proven to have received highly extensive combat training that makes him a surprisingly incredibly formidable fighter in both armed and hand-to-hand combat. His skills had allowed him to effortlessly defeat and kill several S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives in mere seconds, to easily kill several Frost Giants in Jotunheim, to easily slay multiple Dark Elves at once, using only a dagger, to defeat many Berserkers, and to swiftly overpower the extremely skilled Captain America (the latter even commenting on Loki's fighting skills) in a duel. He has even been able to hold his own well against the stronger Valkyrie (through his superior agility), and even Thor on several occasions, who were among the most skilled warriors in Asgard's history, though Thor later admitted to having held back against his adopted brother.

- Master Tactician: Loki is a crafty genius in orchestrating cunning schemes, that had earned him the title of 'God of Mischief'. Hence, Loki successfully orchestrated the events that lead to the banishment and death of Thor, by making Laufey and the Frost Giants attack Asgard during Thor's coronation, only to betray them and gain Asgard's throne. He later allowed himself to be captured by the Avengers and had his brainwashed ally Hawkeye attack Nick Fury's Helicarrier, and provoke the Hulk into a rage, thereby freeing himself and separating the superhero team. Later, Loki helped Thor in the latter's attempt to destroy the Reality Stone by pretending to betray him in full view of Malekith and Kurse, thereby momentarily gaining the Dark Elves' trust. Shortly thereafter, Loki successfully faked his own death, cast a hypnosis spell against Odin, and finally usurped the Asgardian throne for four years. After later being marooned on Sakaar, Loki managed to gain the Grandmaster's trust with relative ease. However, his incredible tactical abilities are still far surpassed by Thanos, as the latter was able to easily anticipate Loki's attempt to assassinate him and then successfully finish him off for good.

- Master Sorcerer: Loki learned how to wield Asgardian magic while growing up in Asgard, thanks to his adoptive mother Frigga. He eventually became an extremely skilled and formidable sorcerer, with it being his main asset in battle, though other exceptionally skilled sorcerers, like Master of the Mystic Arts Dr. Strange could contend with him. Even Odin was impressed by Loki's magical skills, and noted that Frigga would have been proud of him. Loki could generate hazy green, holographic light, sometimes with a gesture, which he has used to create illusions. He was particularly noted to fool enemies who try to attack him with an illusion of himself. Thor was noted to fall for this ability numerous times. Loki can even produce multiple images of himself appear simultaneously during a duel with Thor, before the latter blasted them away with a shockwave of lightning. Loki could also alter his attire, his voice and his physical appearance in order to resemble another person.

DRAX THE DESTROYER

- Superhuman Strength: Drax has much more physical prowess than most species, being able to lift bulk weight and breaking through solid stone and metal. Using his brute strength alone, he easily tore a turret drone in half, ripped off pieces of Groot, and pulled out Korath's cybernetic implant from his head. His strength has allowed him to overpower many enemies and toss them aside, to the point where he could easily restrain Gamora with one hand, brawl with Groot and effortlessly take out most of Ronan's forces. He was also able to match and eventually overpower the cybernatically augmented Kree Korath the Pursuer. The strength of Drax also extends to his legs, allowing him to jump great heights at a single leap; he was able to catch a drone several feet off the ground with a single leap, and also was able to jump several meters to attack Ronan and later did the same to begin his battle with Thanos.

- Superhuman Durability: Drax can withstand attacks that most species cannot, due to impact resistant skin. During the prison escape, Drax withstood direct turret blasts to his chest unharmed before tearing the turret apart with his bare hands. Drax has also withstood a beating from Ronan the Accuser, who sent Drax flying several dozen feet through a metal wall. Also in the Guardians' battle with Ronan aboard the Dark Aster, Drax was able to survive the impact of Rocket's M-Ship crashing into him, although he was knocked unconscious, and sustained no injuries when he was flung against several trees as the Milano crashed while he was tethered to the outside of the ship. Drax had even survived being smashed to the ground when the Abilisk's tentacles grabbed him. He also could easily survive falls from great heights and land on his feet. Drax was even able to withstand a powerful blow from Thanos himself, which knocked him through stones, and then was able to withstand being hurled off Thanos and quickly recover to attempt to battle him again alongside Nebula and Quill, surviving a powerful shockwave from the Power Stone, although it knocked him out for a while.

- Expert Combatant: Drax has proven to be a brutal, yet highly accomplished combatant, able to overpower multiple opponents, including several Kyln guards and Sakaaran warriors with little effort. He was also capable of fighting equally with the highly trained and cybernatically enhanced Kree Korath the Pursuer, eventually managing to kill him. However, Drax was easily outmatched by Ronan the Accuser despite lasting better than most against the Kree General and despite engaging him with Doctor Strange, was swiftly beaten by Thanos, who effortlessly knocked him out with a single blow before he overwhelmed Strange too.

- Superhuman Agility:: Drax is able to move and jump with great speed and height. He was able to jump 10 feet high, at least 60 feet across when he lunged at Ronan on Knowhere, and jumped several feet into an Abilisk's mouth. He was later able to jump at Thanos to successfully strike him with his knives.

- Superhuman Reflexes: Drax claims to possess quick reflexes, which he uses during combat to react to incoming attacks. However, his reaction of warning Mantis of an incoming objectile was delayed.

- Regenerative Healing Factor: Drax's cells regenerate much faster than most species. During his fight with Ronan, Drax suffered several bruises and cuts on his face, however when he was removed from the yellow liquid tank, he was completely healed.

- Knife Mastery: Drax is highly skilled in using knives, particularly his own dual knives, that he used to take down many Sakaaran soldiers and even land a strike on Thanos and fight against the Titan alongside Strange using a sword made of Eldritch Magic, although only briefly.

*****Below is the list of power tiers to choose from. Please select a power tier for each character doing battle (the characters below in Red are not in any particular order). Be aware both characters can share the same power tier*****

The character's current statuses below are as follows

*****NOTE: Characters that are OFFICIAL will always be Placed above characters that are UNOFFICIAL.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)
Dormammu
Eson The Searcher with Infinity Stone
Surtur Prime
Ego The Living Planet
Odin
Doctor Strange (w/ Time Gem)
Thanos (w/ Filled Infinity Gauntlet)

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale?)
Thanos w/ the Power Stone
Hela
Ronan with the Power Stone
Kurse
Fenris
Thor
Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)
Vision
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Ebony Maw
Scarlet Witch
Hulkbuster Iron Man
The Destroyer
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Pre-Eternal Flame Surtur
Malekith (W/ reality gem)
Ancient One
Giant Man
Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level?)
Valkyrie
Iron Man
Aldrich Killian
Ronan
Iron Monger
Whiplash
Quake
Malekith
Sif
Hogun
Fandral
Volstagg
Korath The Pursuer
Groot
Killgrave
Yondu
Lash
Hive
Frigga
Pepper Potts with Extremis
Mantis
Skurge
Korg
Baron Mordo
Master Wong
Corvus Glaive

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)
Black Panther
Captain America
Gamora
Star-Lord
Falcon
Spiderman
Winter Soldier
Vulture
Red Skull
Crossbones
Quicksilver
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)
Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)
Emil Blonsky (Super Soldier)
Madame Gao
Mr. Hyde
Slingshot
Aida
Raina
Deathlok
The Patriot
Carl Creed the Absorbing Man
Lorelei
Nebula
Miek
Ant Man
Yellow Jacket
Proxima Midnight
Erik Killmonger
Ulysses Klaue

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)
Daredevil
Black Widow
Okoye
Rocket Racoon
Hawkeye
Elektra
Punisher
Coleen Wing
Batroc the Leaper
Shocker
Kingpin
Nobu
Diamondback
Bakuto
Peggy Carter
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Dum Dum Dugan
Mocking Bird
Maria Hill
Misty Knight
The Punisher
Nick Fury
Phil Coulson
Zemo
Jig Saw
M'Baku
Okoye
Shuri

Last edited:
Loki wins because he will outsmart Drax.

Loki could probably even win in a straight up fist fight actually.

Drax poses no threat to Loki whatsoever.

Loki's fighting skills are pretty good. While he is more known for his trickery, his fight against Valkyrie showed some pretty good hand to hand combat skills, even though he lost. The combination of Intelligence, Magic, and fighting skills makes him the stronger opponent even if Drax is stronger physically which is debatable.

Surfer

In a way I look at Drax as a the Guardians budget version of Thor (minus any real powers) he has that insane durability, usually comes off as dumb and likes to fight.

If Loki can land a wounding blow on Thor then I think he can land a killing blow on Drax.

In a one on one knife fight I think I would still fancy Loki to get it done in terms of who has looked more skilled in there use of blades Loki has a clear edge for me Loki introduces the slightest bit of elusion and Drax is dunzo.

God of Mischief all the way

Last edited:
This is another really good fight and one I am going to have to think about. I am leaning toward Drax at the moment as I think people in here are being harsh on him.

I wouldn't count Drax as dumb, the movie version anyway. He just doesn't get Earth type humour, which is what makes him seem dumb but also so funny at the same time.

In a way I look at Drax as a the Guardians budget version of Thor (minus any real powers) he has that insane durability, usually comes off as dumb and likes to fight.

If Loki can land a wounding blow on Thor then I think he can land a killing blow on Drax.

In a one on one knife fight I think I would still fancy Loki to get it done in terms of who has looked more skilled in there use of blades Loki has a clear edge for me Loki introduces the slightest bit of elusion and Drax is dunzo.

God of Mischief all the way

The thing is though, Loki was only ever able to land a killing blow on Thor because, as Thor says in TDW, Thor fought against him with the hope his brother wasnt beyond redemption. If Thor went all out, with the intention to kill, I don't think Loki would stand much of a chance.

Loki would probably trick Drax into falling off a cliff or something like that.

Loki is tough. He took an absolute pounding from Hulk and a few minutes later was back on his feet.

I see Loki winning this one pretty handily.

This is another really good fight and one I am going to have to think about. I am leaning toward Drax at the moment as I think people in here are being harsh on him.

I wouldn't count Drax as dumb, the movie version anyway. He just doesn't get Earth type humour, which is what makes him seem dumb but also so funny at the same time.

The thing is though, Loki was only ever able to land a killing blow on Thor because, as Thor says in TDW, Thor fought against him with the hope his brother wasnt beyond redemption. If Thor went all out, with the intention to kill, I don't think Loki would stand much of a chance.

I think we may have misunderstood each other. I don't mean he could take Thor in a straight up fight I just meant he has landed a blow that's shown to actually injure Thor and in terms of comparative durability feats I think Thor has Drax beat. Thor has tanked blasts from stars, survived the vacuum of space and took hits from the Hulk and Loki drew blood from him.

And while I agree with you Thor going all out wrecks Loki a large part of that will be because

1. His power over lightning which can clear the field of Loki's elusions.

2. His knowledge of Loki's powers. Even though Thor falls for it a lot he does know largely how Loki's powers work.

(I think without Drax having either of theses he doomed to take a knife to the back while trying to fight an army of fake Loki's)

I think we may have misunderstood each other. I don't mean he could take Thor in a straight up fight I just meant he has landed a blow that's shown to actually injure Thor and in terms of comparative durability feats I think Thor has Drax beat. Thor has tanked blasts from stars, survived the vacuum of space and took hits from the Hulk and Loki drew blood from him.

And while I agree with you Thor going all out wrecks Loki a large part of that will be because

1. His power over lightning which can clear the field of Loki's elusions.

2. His knowledge of Loki's powers. Even though Thor falls for it a lot he does know largely how Loki's powers work.

(I think without Drax having either of theses he doomed to take a knife to the back while trying to fight an army of fake Loki's)

But again, him being able to land that blow that injured Thor was dependant on Thor essentially going easy on Loki during their fights. If Thor and Loki were nothing to each other, and Thor had no reason to hold back, I don't think Loki gets to land those types of blows.

But again, him being able to land that blow that injured Thor was dependant on Thor essentially going easy on Loki during their fights. If Thor and Loki were nothing to each other, and Thor had no reason to hold back, I don't think Loki gets to land those types of blows.

If Thor had no reason to hold back Loki would die.

If Thor had no reason to hold back Loki would die.

Exactly, so Loki getting a few blows on Thor when the latter is holding back don't mean much to me.

That's why I think Drax is being under estimated in this fight.

If Drax struggled against the Cloak of Levitation, I don't think he'd do much against Loki. If Loki wasn't allowed to use magic, then Drax would probably wipe the floor with him.

I see this being a quick "Even I don't know what it does" type fight. Tricks Drax, stab from behind. Win.

If Drax struggled against the Cloak of Levitation, I don't think he'd do much against Loki. If Loki wasn't allowed to use magic, then Drax would probably wipe the floor with him.

It would be a much fairer fight but my bet would still be on Loki. He's more skilled than Drax and I think he's physically stronger/tougher as well. The guy's fought Thor one on one and genuinely hurt him (even if Thor was holding back it's still impressive), taken a beating from Hulk, shrugged off bullets, lightning and blasts from the mind gem and he was casually overpowering MCU Cap.

Last edited:
Wipeeeeeeeee outttttttttttttt lmao, poor Drax can't ever seem to get a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"