MCU Strength Classes

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
MCU STRENGTH CLASS

I was talking to my buddy Thor-El and I started thinking, it would be cool to make a chart of MCU character's strength classes. So feel free to post videos and pictures of feats or even type them when placing characters in their class.

5987519-4606107-yxbmlm.gif

Strength Classes

- Below 1,000 lbs

- 1,000 lb + (1,000 and above but below a ton)

- 1 Ton (1-9 tons)

- 10 Ton (10-19 tons)

- 20 Ton (20-29 tons)

- 30 Ton (30-39 tons)

- 40 Ton (40-49 tons)

- 50 Ton (50-59 tons)

- 60 Ton (60-69 tons)

- 70 Ton (70-79 tons)

- 80 Ton (80-89 tons)

- 90 Ton (90-99 tons)

- 100 Ton +

Last edited:
If we're talking purely physical strength and ignoring telekinesis/matter manipulation (i.e. no Dormammu, Ego, Scarlet Witch) then I'd say

Cosmic:
Surtur Prime

Transcendent:
Hela
Kurse

High Powerhouse:
Thanos
Hulk
Fenris

Powerhouse:
Hulkbuster (although it can't hit at full strength for long due to lacking durability)
Ultron Prime
Thor (although for striking power he's higher if he has his lightning/hammer)
Ghost Rider
Vision
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Destroyer
Giant Man

Top tier:
Bleeding Edge Iron-Man
Ronan
Iron Man
War Machine
Valkyrie
Loki
Groot
Spider-Man
Drax
Aldrich Killian (Extremis)

Superhuman:
Gamora
Corvus Glaive
Captain America
Black Panther
Deathlok
Nebula
Proxima Midnight
Winter Soldier
Luke Cage
Absorbing Man

Street level superhuman:
Jessica Jones
Black Sky Elektra
Cal Zabo (Mr Hyde)

Peak human:
M'Baku
Kingpin
Punisher

I'd have to do a lot of thinking before I could put numbers on most of these guys but there are videos out there with rough math for some of the big names.
Captain America
Spider-Man

Last edited:
I think Spider-Man should be Superhuman not Top Tier.

And Punisher should just be "Well Trained" or "Some Military Training". Would you call other military guys in the army "peak human"?

And Deathlok is just "plays some Laser Tag". :o

I think Spider-Man should be Superhuman not Top Tier.

And Punisher should just be "Well Trained" or "Some Military Training". Would you call other military guys in the army "peak human"?

And Deathlok is just "plays some Laser Tag". :o

If we were talking about overall ability/skill then sure, Spidey's in Captain America/Black Panther's league for now because he's a rookie and his inexperience balances out his advantage in raw power. Strength wise though he's a tier above them, check the video in my first post for just how strong we're talking. Between holding a ferry together (albeit with a lot of help from his web), catching a 40 mph car, catching the airport bridge, catching the washington monument lift and lifting a warehouse roof's worth of concrete rubble off himself with no leverage he's incredibly strong.

Deathlok has a pretty incredible strength feat actually. Those bulldozers weigh 50+ tons.

As for Punisher, the guy's a one man army who can go hand to hand with Daredevil, take on whole SWAT teams at a time and when he was in the Marines he single handedly took out 32 insurgents ready and waiting to ambush him so "some military training" doesn't cover it. That's not the point though, Black Widow/Hawkeye are probably more skilled but of all the non-powered humans in the MCU he stands out to me physically. His totally unarmoured durability feats are ridiculous, he's overpowered Daredevil more than once and in his own series
he lifts a guy by the neck after just being tortured for an hour and stabbed whilst doing it.

Last edited:
Thör-El;36667267 said:
If we were talking about overall ability/skill then sure, Spidey's in Captain America/Black Panther's league for now because he's a rookie and his inexperience balances out his advantage in raw power. Strength wise though he's a tier above them, check the video in my first post for just how strong we're talking. Between holding a ferry together (albeit with a lot of help from his web), catching a 40 mph car, catching the airport bridge, catching the washington monument lift and lifting a warehouse roof's worth of concrete rubble off himself with no leverage he's incredibly strong.

Deathlok has a pretty incredible strength feat actually. Those bulldozers weigh 50+ tons.

As for Punisher, the guy's a one man army who can go hand to hand with Daredevil, take on whole SWAT teams at a time and when he was in the Marines he single handedly took out 32 insurgents ready and waiting to ambush him so "some military training" doesn't cover it. That's not the point though, Black Widow/Hawkeye are probably more skilled but of all the non-powered humans in the MCU he stands out to me physically. His totally unarmoured durability feats are ridiculous, he's overpowered Daredevil more than once and in his own series
he lifts a guy by the neck after just being tortured for an hour and stabbed whilst doing it.

Would you put Rambo in the same class as Punisher? He also single-handedly defeated armies too.

Would you put Rambo in the same class as Punisher? He also single-handedly defeated armies too.

I barely remember those films to be honest but Punisher does have an unrealistic 80s action hero vibe to his feats (combined with hand to hand skill good enough to take on Daredevil).

Anyway, this is meant to be about strength. Are you with me on Deathlok/Spider-Man now?

Last edited:
Thör-El;36667235 said:
If we're talking purely physical strength and ignoring telekinesis/matter manipulation (i.e. no Dormammu, Ego, Scarlet Witch) then I'd say

Cosmic:
Surtur Prime

Transcendent:
Hela
Kurse

High Powerhouse:
Thanos
Hulk
Fenris

Powerhouse:
Hulkbuster
Ultron Prime
Thor (although for striking power he's higher if he has his lightning/hammer)
Ghost Rider
Vision
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Destroyer
Giant Man

Top tier:
Bleeding Edge Iron-Man
Ronan
Iron Man
War Machine
Valkyrie
Loki
Groot
Spider-Man
Drax
Aldrich Killian (Extremis)

Superhuman:
Gamora
Corvus Glaive
Captain America
Black Panther
Deathlok
Nebula
Proxima Midnight
Winter Soldier
Luke Cage
Absorbing Man

I agree with this mostly, but I would put Kurse above Hela in pure strength, Thor belongs in the same tier as Fenris and Hulk since he has the best strength feat in the entire MCU with the Star Forge Ring, and Thanos belongs in the same tier as Hela and Kurse.

Thanos and Hela seem to about the same physical strength. I may also put Bleeding Edge Iron Man in the same tier as Abomination and Cull. I know Ultron Prime was choking Thor, but it's hard for me to place him above Thor since he caught him off guard and Thor didn't fight back and just stalled to make Vision look good.

Transcendent:
Kurse
Hela (or Thanos)
Thanos (or Hela)

High Powerhouse:
Hulk
Thor
Fenris

Powerhouse:
Hulkbuster
Ultron Prime
Vision
Bleeding Edge Iron Man
Ghost Rider
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Destroyer
Giant Man

I agree with this mostly, but I would put Kurse above Hela in pure strength, Thor belongs in the same tier as Fenris and Hulk since he has the best strength feat in the entire MCU with the Star Forge Ring, and Thanos belongs in the same tier as Hela and Kurse.

Thanos and Hela seem to about the same physical strength. I may also put Bleeding Edge Iron Man in the same tier as Abomination and Cull. I know Ultron Prime was choking Thor, but it's hard for me to place him above Thor since he caught him off guard and Thor didn't fight back and just stalled to make Vision look good.

For Hela vs Kurse I rate her slightly stronger because she destroyed Mjolnir effortlessly whereas Kurse swatted it away but didn't damage it. He definitely does have an incredible strength feat battering Thor with his bare hands and throwing that giant boulder though.

I don't know if Thanos has any pure strength feats that put him in Hela/Kurse's tier yet. He's stronger than Hulk but it's hard to say if it's a big difference. To me he seemed to beat Hulk by having equal or greater strength and vastly superior skill.

Thor's really hard to place strength wise. He's the God of Thunder, not the God of Strength. Without weapons/lightning we're shown doesn't hit as hard as Hulk but he's still close enough to compete in a fight. In earth gravity we don't really see many lifting feats from him and his Nidavellir feats look really incredible but they're hard to quantify.
My view was that if you remove Thor's weapons/lightning from the equation they're probably fairly close but I'm open to the "Thor was just blindsided and is actually stronger than Ultron" argument.

Bleeding Edge Iron Man didn't seem to hit as hard as Hulkbuster but other than that I l'm open to convincing on how strong he is.

Thör-El;36668387 said:
For Hela vs Kurse I rate her slightly stronger because she destroyed Mjolnir effortlessly whereas Kurse swatted it away but didn't damage it. He definitely does have an incredible strength feat battering Thor with his bare hands and throwing that giant boulder though.

I don't know if Thanos has any pure strength feats that put him in Hela/Kurse's tier yet. He's stronger than Hulk but it's hard to say if it's a big difference. To me he seemed to beat Hulk by having equal or greater strength and vastly superior skill.

Thor's really hard to place strength wise. He's the God of Thunder, not the God of Strength. Without weapons/lightning we're shown doesn't hit as hard as Hulk but he's still close enough to compete in a fight. In earth gravity we don't really see many lifting feats from him and his Nidavellir feats look really incredible but they're hard to quantify.
My view was that if you remove Thor's weapons/lightning from the equation they're probably fairly close but I'm open to the "Thor was just blindsided and is actually stronger than Ultron" argument.

Bleeding Edge Iron Man didn't seem to hit as hard as Hulkbuster but other than that I l'm open to convincing on how strong he is.

The Nidavellir feat is hard to quanitfy, but also it's easier than people may think. There was clearly normal-ISH gravity on the rings as evidenced when Thor landed after jumping out of Rocket's ship. It seemed to be similar to if he would've jumped from a similar height on Earth, also when Thor stood there and resisted Rocket's thrusters he wouldn't have been able to keep himself from floating off without normal-ISH gravity.

But take all of that away and still, Thor still restisted the full thrusters of an intersteller spacecraft that should travel pretty close to light speed seeing how it travels through whole entire galaxies. That in itself is still the biggest strength feat in the entire MCU.

All that being said, I still put Hulk ahead of Thor (look at my list) but they still have "comparable" strength and belong in the same tier is what I'm saying. Just like Hulk's punches seemed harder than Thor's, Thor's hammer blow was much more powerful than any of Hulk's hammer attacks so that's a tricky game. Also Thanos is clearly shown to be stronger than Hulk since he physically overpower Hulk in a direct contest of strength. As for Kurse and Hela, Kurse never tried to break Mjolnir we don't know if he could or not and even if he couldn't Hela is Mjolnir's orginal owner and we don't know how much of a factor that was in her being able to destroy it.

Iron Man didn't seem to hit as hard as Cull, but at the same time Iron Man doesn't weigh as much as Cull. So for all we know they could be hitting each other with the same amount of force but Cull is probably like 10 times heavier than IM so he obviously won't be knocked as far. Same thing applies to Hulk and Thor by the way.

Last edited:
1 Ton (1-9 tons)

Luke Cage
Proxima Midnight
Bucky Barnes
Captain America
Director Mace (serum)
Black Panther
Killmonger
Red Skull
Blonsky (Super Soldier Serum)
Jessica Jones

10 Ton (10-19 tons)

Gamora
Nebula
Lash
Corvus Glaive
Aldrich Killian
Fodder Asgardians

20 Ton (20-29 Tons)

Ghost Rider
Loki
Spider-Man
Sif
Volstagg
Hogun
Fandral
Drax
Korath The Pursuer
Malekith (normal)

30 Ton (30-39 Tons)

Valkyrie
Heimdall

40 Ton (40-49 tons)

Ronan The Accuser

50 Ton (50-59 tons)

???

60 Ton (60-69 tons)

Iron Man
War Machine
Whiplash

70 Ton (70-79 tons)

Iron Monger

80 Ton (80-89 tons)

Giant Man
Vision

90 Ton (90-99 tons)

Abomination

100 Ton+

Surtur
Kurse
Thanos
Hela
Hulk
Thor
Malekith (Aether Absorbed)
Fenris
Ultron Prime
Hulkbuster Armor
The Destroyer
Cull Obsidian

Last edited:
Thor has to be classed in the very top tier especially now that Owings power has passed to him.

I don't think i agree with any list i've seen above... here's mine:

< 999 lbs
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Aldrich Killian
Star-Lord
Rocket
Baby Groot

1000 - 1999 lbs
Gamora
Nebula
Red Skull
Black Panther (with herb)
Killmonger (with herb)
Proxima Midnight
Bucky Barnes
Captain America
Corvus Glaive

1 - 9 Tons
Iron Man mk 1
Ronan The Accuser
Korath The Pursuer
Sif
Volstagg
Hogun
Fandral
Drax
Loki
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Teen Groot

10 - 24 Tons
Adult Groot
Iron Monger
Iron Man mk 2-7
War Machine
Whiplash mk 2
Valkyrie
Heimdall
Malekith (normal)
Spider-Man
Scarlet Witch
Laufey

25 - 49 Tons
Thanos (no stones)
Thor
Giant Man
The Destroyer

50 - 74 Tons
TDW/AoU Thor
Ultron Prime
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Vision
Surtur (no Eternal Flame)

75 - 99 Tons
Thanos (with power stone only)
Malekith (with reality stone)
Ronan (with power stone)
Ragnarok Thor
Kurse
Hulk
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Fenris

100 Ton+
Infinity War Thor
Eternal Flame Surtur
Thanos (with full gauntlet)
Hela
Ego
Odin

The Nidavellir feat is hard to quanitfy, but also it's easier than people may think. There was clearly normal-ISH gravity on the rings as evidenced when Thor landed after jumping out of Rocket's ship.
I'm with you there. Moving those huge structures is an immense feat, it's just hard to put it into tons.

But take all of that away and still, Thor still restisted the full thrusters of an intersteller spacecraft that should travel pretty close to light speed seeing how it travels through whole entire galaxies. That in itself is still the biggest strength feat in the entire MCU.
I'm not sure on this. We don't know how much Rocket's ship weighs or how fast it travels.
We do know that when MCU spaceships travel entire galaxies it either takes months (18 months was Valkyrie's guess on how long to get from Sakaar to Asgard) or involves worm holes (e.g. devil's anus, the worm hole jumps scene in GotG 2). My guess is that Rocket's ship was capable of the kind of hyperspace jumps we see in GotG 2 and that its thrusters were for relatively short distance travel.

All that being said, I still put Hulk ahead of Thor (look at my list) but they still have "comparable" strength and belong in the same tier is what I'm saying. Just like Hulk's punches seemed harder than Thor's, Thor's hammer blow was much more powerful than any of Hulk's hammer attacks so that's a tricky game.
For me, the Ragnarok fight settled that in the MCU Hulk is stronger but when you factor in skill/lightning/durability/weapons Thor is more powerful overall.

Also Thanos is clearly shown to be stronger than Hulk since he physically overpower Hulk in a direct contest of strength.
I agree Thanos is stronger, he grabs Hulk's arms and overpowers him. I'm not sure the gap is huge though (and I suspect if Hulk was angrier he could overpower Thanos). If you watch their fight the reason Thanos gave Hulk a beatdown seemed to be more because he has comparable strength and far more skill.

As for Kurse and Hela, Kurse never tried to break Mjolnir we don't know if he could or not and even if he couldn't Hela is Mjolnir's orginal owner and we don't know how much of a factor that was in her being able to destroy it.
Personally I'm going to take it as a pure strength feat for Hela until I hear otherwise.
It's hard to compare Hela and Kurse, we can tell from just that one feat of crushing Mjolnir that her strength's incredible and we also see her overpower Thor and throw him around but she mostly fights with swords.

Iron Man didn't seem to hit as hard as Cull, but at the same time Iron Man doesn't weigh as much as Cull. So for all we know they could be hitting each other with the same amount of force but Cull is probably like 10 times heavier than IM so he obviously won't be knocked as far.
In terms of quantifiable strength though I think the best thing we saw from Bleeding Edge Iron Man was dropping the remains of Maw's ship on Thanos. The best strength feats we have from pre-Infinity War Iron Man armour (not counting Hulkbuster) are War Machine mentioning his armour can lift a tank (60 tons+) and Tony pushing the Helicarrier turbine in Avengers.

Thor has to be classed in the very top tier especially now that Owings power has passed to him.
Inheriting Odin's power is a comic book thing, I don't think it's been mentioned in the MCU. Thor just stepped up/mastered his own power.

Thör-El;36669927 said:
I'm with you there. Moving those huge structures is an immense feat, it's just hard to put it into tons.

Yeah at the least it's multi-building level.

I'm not sure on this. We don't know how much Rocket's ship weighs or how fast it travels.
We do know that when MCU spaceships travel entire galaxies it either takes months (18 months was Valkyrie's guess on how long to get from Sakaar to Asgard) or involves worm holes (e.g. devil's anus, the worm hole jumps scene in GotG 2). My guess is that Rocket's ship was capable of the kind of hyperspace jumps we see in GotG 2 and that its thrusters were for relatively short distance travel.

Well honestly the Milano was shown to be able to pass several planets in seconds and Rocket's ship should be of comparable speed. Also the Grandmaster's ship which Valkyrie and Thor was using is mainly used for orgies while the Guardians ships are more strictly traveling ships.

For me, the Ragnarok fight settled that in the MCU Hulk is stronger but when you factor in skill/lightning/durability/weapons Thor is more powerful overall.

It was never a question to me, I mean it's the HULK of course he's stronger strength is his schtick and only power. But like I've said, Thor's hammer blow with Hulk's war hammer was more impressive than when Hulk hit Thor with the exact same weapon. Later in the fight Thor was literally flipping in mid-air while wielding a weapon made for Hulk, so while Hulk IS stronger and I've never argued that Thor is still in the same ballbpark.

Thor even put Hulk in a chokehold and Hulk was adamantly trying to break free and couldn't. It wasn't until Hulk got pissed the heck off that he started to overpower Thor. Also the punch that Hulk landed that was so much more impressive than Thor's came after he got pissed as well.

I agree Thanos is stronger, he grabs Hulk's arms and overpowers him. I'm not sure the gap is huge though (and I suspect if Hulk was angrier he could overpower Thanos). If you watch their fight the reason Thanos gave Hulk a beatdown seemed to be more because he has comparable strength and far more skill.

While it's not a huge gap between Hulk and Thanos, but it is a clear and decisive one.

Personally I'm going to take it as a pure strength feat for Hela until I hear otherwise.
It's hard to compare Hela and Kurse, we can tell from just that one feat of crushing Mjolnir that her strength's incredible and we also see her overpower Thor and throw him around but she mostly fights with swords.

Yeah that's understandable, but I still rank Kurse higher it is debatable though.

In terms of quantifiable strength though I think the best thing we saw from Bleeding Edge Iron Man was dropping the remains of Maw's ship on Thanos. The best strength feats we have from pre-Infinity War Iron Man armour (not counting Hulkbuster) are War Machine mentioning his armour can lift a tank (60 tons+) and Tony pushing the Helicarrier turbine in Avengers.

Yep War Machine lifting a 60 ton tank was actually shown in a canon movie tie in comic. As far the piece of Maw's ship that Iron Man slammed on top of Thanos, we never see Iron Man actually lift or pull it we just see him pushing it downward using his thrusters. Also the gravity on Titan was quoted to be "all over the place", so that feat is even more unquanitifiable than Thor's star forge ring feat.

Last edited:
I don't think i agree with any list i've seen above... here's mine:

< 999 lbs
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Aldrich Killian
Star-Lord
Rocket
Baby Groot
Daredevil
Punisher

1000 - 1999 lbs
Gamora
Nebula
Red Skull
Killmonger (with herb)
Proxima Midnight
Bucky Barnes
Captain America
Corvus Glaive

1 - 9 Tons
Iron Man mk 1
Ronan The Accuser
Korath The Pursuer
Sif
Volstagg
Hogun
Fandral
Drax
Loki
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Teen Groot

10 - 24 Tons
Adult Groot
Iron Monger
Iron Man mk 2-7
War Machine
Whiplash mk 2
Heimdall
Spider-Man
Valkyrie

Malekith (normal)
Scarlet Witch
Laufey

25 - 49 Tons
Giant Man
The Destroyer

50 - 74 Tons
Vision
Ironman - Bleeding Edge

75 - 99 Tons
Ultron prime
Cull Obsidian
Hulkbuster
Ronan (with power stone)
Thor

Kurse

Kurse
Abomination
Cull Obsidian
Fenris

100 Ton+
Thanos (with or without the power stone)
Ego
Hela
Fenris
Kurse
Hulk
Abomination

Eternal Flame Surtur
Thanos (with full gauntlet)
Hela
Ego
Odin

Great list. Mine has only a few changes:

< 999 lbs
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Aldrich Killian
Star-Lord
Rocket
Baby Groot
Daredevil
Punisher

1000 - 1999 lbs
Gamora
Nebula
Red Skull
Killmonger (with herb)
Proxima Midnight
Bucky Barnes
Captain America
Corvus Glaive

1 - 9 Tons
Iron Man mk 1
Ronan The Accuser
Korath The Pursuer
Sif
Volstagg
Hogun
Fandral
Drax
Loki
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Teen Groot

10 - 24 Tons
Adult Groot
Iron Monger
Iron Man mk 2-7
War Machine
Whiplash mk 2
Heimdall
Spider-Man
Valkyrie

Malekith (normal)
Scarlet Witch
Laufey

25 - 49 Tons
Giant Man
The Destroyer

50 - 74 Tons
Vision
Ironman - Bleeding Edge

75 - 99 Tons
Ultron prime
Cull Obsidian
Hulkbuster
Ronan (with power stone)
Thor

100 Ton+
Thanos (with or without the power stone)
Hela
Fenris
Kurse
Hulk
Abomination

Other characters, like Thanos with infinity gauntlet or more than one stone, Eternal flame Surtur,Celestials Odin, etc. should be in a class of their own, imo.

There is no way Thor isn't in the 100 ton class guys, the Star Forge feat in IW is well above 100 tons but he was a 100 tonner even before that.

- Thor broke out of a dozen chains in Surtur's homeworld, when only ONE of those chains was able to restrain a 60 foot fire dragon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is how big the dragon was, he even grappled with it.

giphy.gif

- Escaped from under several tons of rocks and debris, just being able to move under this much weight is a 100 ton strength feat.

6444933-5448771034-64445.gif

- Crushing Iron Man's gauntlet, this has been calc'd to need 1000 tons of grip strength (idk if I agree with that but yeah).

6384429-0140508994-giphy.gif

Last edited:
http://marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels/100.htm

watchers

juggernaut

silver surfer

thor

hulk

hela

odin

hercules

surtur

mephisto

galactus

the stranger

kurse

apocalypse

Onslaught

Ego

Dragon Man

Iron Man/War machine (enchanced sufficient outside sources)

the Absorbing man

The Abomination

the Forgotten One

http://marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels/100.htm

watchers

juggernaut

silver surfer

thor

hulk

hela

odin

hercules

surtur

mephisto

galactus

the stranger

kurse

apocalypse

Onslaught

Ego

Dragon Man

Iron Man/War machine (enchanced sufficient outside sources)

the Absorbing man

The Abomination

the Forgotten One

This is for the MCU a. K. A Marvel Studios versions of the characters not the comic books.

Some of those characters haven't even appeared in the MCU yet

proxytoxin and Blood Spider said:
1000 - 1999 lbs
Gamora
Nebula
Red Skull
Killmonger (with herb)
Proxima Midnight
Bucky Barnes
Captain America
Corvus Glaive.

In the comics Cap's meant to be peak human but in the MCU he's an out and out superhuman so he belongs higher in the list.

Winter Soldier
-The steel beam he lifted off Bucky in Winter Soldier was probably over ten tons
Age of Ultron
-He can tear a log apart with his bare hands which apparently takes 7 tons plus of force
-He threw a motorcycle hard enough to destroy a hydra truck
Civil War
-He kicked a 1.5 ton pickup with enough force to send it into a mercenary and rag doll him
-He held down a Helicopter using one arm to grab the Helipad and the other to bicep curl the 3000 pound force of it trying to take off
-With a bit of acrobatic trickery he overpowered Spider-Man when Peter webbed his arms in Civil War
-With his Shield Cap can strike with enough force to break through Iron Man armour
Infinity War
-Pushing himself to the absolute limit he managed to grab the Infinity Gauntlet and used his whole body strength to resist Thanos arm/hand closing the gauntlet for a few seconds
Other
-According to Agents of Shield he pushed a 50 ton bulldozer the length of a football field in less than 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Thör-El;36668387 said:

Thanos ko'd Hulk in 10 punches and had him rocked with single punches. His punches are arguably stronger than Thor's lightning punches.

Hela isnt physically KO'ing Hulk in 10 seconds.

Thanos is without a doubt the strongest character in the Mcu

Thanos ko'd Hulk in 10 punches and had him rocked with single punches. His punches are arguably stronger than Thor's lightning punches.

Hela isnt physically KO'ing Hulk in 10 seconds.

Thanos is without a doubt the strongest character in the Mcu

Based on feats so far all we can say for sure is that
a) Thanos is stronger than Hulk (and vastly more skilled)
b) Strange, Drax, Spider-Man and a Star Lord gadget together were enough to restrain Thanos for a moment so Mantis could stun him
c) He had to struggle against Scarlet Witch's force field (which she wasn't giving her full power/attention) and couldn't get past it before she finished destroying an Infinity Stone and lowered it
d) Captain America was strong enough to resist him closing his hand and using the gauntlet for a few seconds.

I don't know how you translate that into saying he's definitely stronger than characters who are also clearly stronger than Hulk and whose upper strength limits we never even saw.

That's why I place Kurse (overwhelmed Thor with brute strength in a way Hulk never has), Hela (casually caught and crushed Mjolnir whereas Hulk couldn't even lift it) and Surtur Prime (threw Hulk away like an insect, demolished a city with a sword) above Thanos in strength.

Last edited:
I place Thor's lightning punches above Thanos's regular punches, I doubt it would take 10 lightning punches to KO Hulk.

Really I can't see it taking more than 5 to sleep him since the single punches had Hulk rocked AND dropped him. But I think I agree with Thanos being above Hela, but she does have the Mjolnir crushing feat so it's a bit tricky.

I put Kurse above both though.

Last edited:
I feel Thanos is being really undersold here in this thread.

His strength feats include casually ripping apart Iron msn's powerhouse level tech

And dominating the Hulk physically, which is something no one has done..ever. not like that. Dont understand how some are interpeting that as not impressive, or evidence that he is just slightly stronger than Hulk.

Two of Thanos' punches had Hulk more dazed than Thor's two lightning punches. And Hulk has never been bodied like that ever. A showing like that against someone as strong as the Hulk is a ridiculous strength showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"