Sequels MCU X-Men storylines

I wouldn't mind some gradual introductions in other films. Storm in Black Panther 2 would be nice.

I wouldn't mind some gradual introductions in other films. Storm in Black Panther 2 would be nice.

I would be cool with that ! And have other X-men characters cameo in future MCU movie before an x-men movie debuts

People has to know and fear mutants (introduction of X-gene) before X-men debut. Hope disney wont fail

I hope they have learned some lessons just from watching FoX's Marvel movies.

They have, i think. I may be straying off topic, but there's a split-second nod to X-Men in Black Panther. Not sure if it's Killmonger or T'challa but someone pulls off that illogical 360 degree swing that Wolverine does on the statue of liberty's head

I expect we won't have to wait too long for a bout of Wolverine v Hulk. If it's a flashback to pre-TIH, it could be Logan's introductory scene.

I would be happy to see wolverine get ripped in twain like in the ultimate comics

Scott and Logan watching TV in a bar, news report about the Avengers.

LOGAN: I fought the green dude one time. It was for a mission.
SCOTT: Did you win?
LOGAN: Nah. Literally handed me my ass.

“Here’s your ass Wolverine”
“Oh cheers pal”

Why hasn’t he said “bub” yet ?

He says it to Sabretooth on top of the Statue of Liberty: "Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet."

I meant what Dawn Warrior and Silver Moth wrote
but that's cool too :funny:

Well, this was disappointing. And by all accounts, New Mutants will be worse. Send New Mutants to Disney+ and let Disney reboot the X-Men in a much better way.

IMO, I'd have the X-Men's origin stories play out on Disney+ and Hulu with future seasons happening depending on the character during Phase 4. Then assemble the two main X-Men teams and X-Factor come Phase 5. I'd make Falcon and Winter Soldier feature the Grand Director and US Agent so Weapon X can be introduced (No more IGH shenanigans, the REAL Weapon X which IGH was originally spun-off from). Mister Sinister would be the Thanos for the X-Men side of then MCU but Stryfe would be the first major villain to bring all the X-Men teams together.

TV Shows which would set up the X-Men in the MCU

Wolverine (Hulu ongoing series due to violence) Tells the story of Patch Logan working for Jessan Hoan on Madripoor and how he begins to recover his memories due to encounters with Maverick and Omega Red. If there's a second Season, use it to set up Alpha Flight.

Cyclops (Disney+ miniseries) - After a plane crashes in Alaska, Scott and Alex Summers survive only to discover that they have incredible powers and while the military decide to keep Alex for themselves under the command of Raven Darkholme and Valerie Cooper, a man named Charles Xavier is able to take Scott into his care to study him and help him learn to control his abilities as Charles failed to do with his own son. Scott fights the Vanisher after he steals Xavier's research.

Storm (Disney+ miniseries) - Ororo Munroe is a Kenyan woman backpacking across Africa who encounters a telepath named Amal Farouk. Ororo learns to break free of his control and now must do battle with his disembodied psychic form after killing him only to be rescued by Charles Xavier.

Psylocke (Disney+ miniseries) - Betsy Braddock was chosen by Merlin to become Captain Britain but passed the torch to her half-brother Brian because elements of British society wouldn't let a half-Japanese woman be their country's greatest hero. Psylocke creates her own name for herself and proves herself to be a hero on her own terms by defeating the crime boss Vixen and her ally Mad Jim Jaspers. Would also set up an Excalibur film series.

Archangel (Disney+ miniseries) - Warren Worthington III is the billionaire heir and CEO of Worthinton Industries. He stays out of the public eye after a falling out with his old friend Cameron Hodge over his wings and healing powers and become a reclusive business executive who hides his wings as a secret. After an encounter with Candy Southern who sees him in person and isn't scared of his wings, Warren decides to go public with his appearance. This series wouldn't have a supervillain to fight, it would be a pure romance with Candy teaching Warren to love himself again and from there to use his fortune to fund Charles Xavier's new school and team of superheroes. Hodge would later become a supervillain down the line but that's once X-Force would be established in Phase 6. Hodge still is the one to kill Candy before fleeing to Genosha which makes the story a tragedy. Candy's last words are, "They're not all like him. I want you to still believe in people." It's just a genuine tragic romance story which would be completely different for the MCU and show that there are stories to tell in that world which are completely different from normal superhero tales.

Jean Grey (Disney+ miniseries) - After Jean saw her best friend die in front of her as a child, she began hearing voices. Ones which years of therapy and medication couldn't stop her from hearing. She always thought her house was haunted after objects moved by themselves. It's only after Jean in college over in new York City meets Jessica Jones who convinces Jean that there are plenty of other people like her and they aren't all Avengers. Meanwhile, Charles' Xavier's stepbrother Cain Marko makes a pact with a demon for power after breaking into the Sanctum Sanctorum and becomes the avatar of Cytorrak to seek vengeance on Charles for not allowing him onto the team he's building. After the Juggernaut goes on a rampage in the Bronx outside Jean's window, Jean teams up with Misty Knight to stop the Juggernaut only to follow him to upstate New York where she does battle with him at the site of the school Charles Xavier is building. Jean stops Cain by first psychically breaking off his helmet and then getting into his mind itself and forcing him to surrender. Xavier allows her onto the team.

Bishop (Disney+ miniseries) - Lucas Bishop is interned in an internment camp for mutants, aliens and other super-powered beings in Australia. Held in a segregated cell block for Aborigines and branded with an M over his eye to show that he's a mutant, Bishop eventually is freed by his sister, Shard. Together they want a world without Sentinels. Naming themselves after the 21st Century's greatest heroes, the X-Men, the XSE recruit Archer, Greystone, Malcolm, Randall and Trevor Fitzroy to fight against Ahab and his Hounds as well as Nimrod, a more advanced version of Sentinel. After Ahab is defeated, Fitzroy reveals himself to have been a Hound all along and mentions that he sent a Nimrod-class sentinel to the past before killing Shard, Archer and Greystone. Fitzroy then attempts to visit the past himself and change history but Bishop, Malcolm and Randall stop him and are sent back into the past with him. Fitzroy then kills Malcolm and Randall before Bishop defeats Fitzroy whose last words are, "do you know how they X-Men died? They were betrayed from within, just like I did to you." Bishop then vows to prevent his future from ever occurring and seeks to save the X-Men from themselves.

Beast (Disney+ miniseries) - A scientist working for Roxxon in Chicago is the perfect human specimen. Gifted with superhuman strength, agility and intelligence, Dr. Hank McCoy simply wishes to be normal. Hank works with Linda Donaldson (who's his lover) and Carl Maddicks to isolate the cause of mutations in the hope of curing people who may have superhuman abilities which they never desired. Upon learning that his fellow researchers are secretly working for HYDRA and plan on using the research to create super soldiers, Hank decides to cure himself so he'll no longer be a test subject. Naturally, this instead induces a secondary mutation and causes him to become a blue, furry creature with sharp claws and fangs. Hank then steals the research from Maddicks and destroys it. Donaldson reacts with horror and says that she never realized that Hank was a monster. Hank simply says, "I could say the same about you." Hank then leaves to go join Xavier's new team where he can continue his research ethically.

Thunderbird and Warpath (Hulu miniseries due to violence) - Brothers and Navy SEALs John (codename Thunderbird) and Jim (codename Warpath) Proudstar are on shore leave where they go to visit their mother on the Apache reservation in Arizona. John was blessed with super strength and near invulnerability. Jim has enhanced reflexes and flight. Upon learning that their mother got a fast-acting cancer which killed her in a number of weeks, John and Jim then hear that there were a number of strange cancer diagnoses as of late and that the closest hospital is likely the cause. It turns out that the hospital is run by HYDRA and that the researcher in charge, Dr. Edwin Martynec is trying to recreate Hank McCoy's research. Martynec eventually transforms himself into a creature just like Beast and is killed by John and Jim. John then says that his time in the military is almost over and he's heard about a team of heroes being assembled where he feels he can do more good since he's not the type to ever give up fighting but that if anything happens to him, he wants Jim to take his place on the team, even if that means going AWOL.

Magneto (Hulu miniseries due to violence) - A young Erik Lensherr in the 1980s is ordered to invade Lebanon. Young Erik witnesses horrific brutality on all sides of the conflict and even participates in a number of atrocities. Erik falls in love with a young soldier named Magda who becomes his only true tie to his humanity and keeps his dark side in line. After Erik's powers activate in the heat of battle, he begins to see himself as more of a weapon than a man. His own government begins calling him, "Magneto" and treating him as a piece of equipment. Magneto is seen as a hero to Israel and as pure evil by the Syrians and he only manages to give up war when he's ordered to return home and is only able to do so because Magda's unit is also returning. Fast forward to the year 2000 when Magneto now has a family with Magda who he's eating dinner in Jerusalem with. He talks first about how he traveled Eastern Europe in the 90s before he felt the need to return to Israel because he needed Magda back in his life and about the importance of Israel and how every people deserve a homeland and when Anya asks, "are there still people who hate us" a suicide bomb goes off and kills Magda and Anya. Erik gets the same look in his eye when he first became Magneto and as gunfire erupts around him.

That's the first wave needed before the first MCU X-Men film, which would hopefully be based on Mutant Genesis. Magneto appears to be the villain for the first two acts but he's framed by Fabian Cortez and only ever wanted Avalon to be a mutant homeland. Cassandra Nova would be reimagined as a government bureaucrat who naturally destroys Asteroid M with nuclear weapons despite knowing that Magneto wasn't actually a threat. Cyclops sees himself as the new Steve Rogers but it turns out that he's actually far less competent and manages to get Archangel blown out of the sky in the first act where his body is never even recovered and Fabian Cortez kills Thunderbird on Asteroid M which allows Cortez to escape without any sort of consequence. Millions perish on Avalon and the X-Men are forced to watch while Magneto joins the X-Men because he simply has nowhere else to go and because being a superhero and fighting evil are in his nature since he simply wants the violence. He doesn't so much want to become a hero at the end as much as he wants a chance to kill people and get away with it. It would set the X-Men up as a very different kind of team from the Avengers and ram home why Cyclops will drive the X-Men so hard in the Danger Room.

Second Wave would be for a second X-Men film in Phase 5 which would be Wolverine getting his own team as well as X-Factor.

TV shows would be

Cecelia Reyes (Disney+ miniseries) - Cecelia Reyes is a surgeon in Queens who has the ability to protect herself from any sort of contagious disease via force fields generated around her at all times. When a woman named Josephine falls ill and her disease begins spreading throughout the hospital, Reyes is the only one immune due to her powers and manages to realize that Josephine created the virus herself and that she's a mutant able to not only create disease but to transform cells however she wants. Josephine names her virus, "Infectia" and tells Reyes that it will one day wipe out much of the world's population. She begins to transform some of the survivors in the hospital into monsters before Reyes pushes her out a window, killing her and anyone infected by her. Wanting to atone, Reyes decides that she wants to be an assistant to Hank McCoy.

Iceman (Disney+ miniseries) - Bobby Drake is an accountant who hides his mutant powers because his father has never accepted him as a gay man and knows that he wouldn't ever accept a mutant son. Bobby spends most of his days alone grappling with both his powers and sexuality and truly hating himself until one day when Bobby meets a client named Marge Smith who he thinks wants her taxes done but is really a cosmic entity who wants Bobby to stop her father from destroying the universe. In order to defeat him, Bobby needs to freeze Olbivion himself at a temperature of absolute zero. Bobby comes to terms with needing to both be open with himself so he can score a date with Ian Soo and to also admit that he has powers and can use them for good. Bobby begins mastering his ice powers and is able to stop Oblivion from destroying the universe. Bobby decides that he can't keep living a lie and that he wasn't born to be an accountant, he was always meant to be a superhero.

Karima Shipandar (Disney+ miniseries) - An officer for the Indian National Security Guard tasked with investigating Trask Industries' connection to multiple kidnappings and people acting strangely after having disappeared for a long time, Karima bites off more than she can chew when she realizes the depths of Project Widewake. The series ends when she's captured and converted into a Sentinel which sets the events of Astonishing X-Men in motion.

Shadowcat (Disney+ miniseries) - Kitty Pryde is a young computer science student in Illinois who winds up dealing with a roommate named Alice who is a member of an organization called Purity who seek to put, "humanity first." Kitty points out that she's a mutant and asks Alice if she has a problem with that which causes Alice to have a crisis of faith. Kitty then asks to investigate Purity as an organization and then find out that they're a front for the Purifiers who are headed by an anti-mutant militant named William Stryker and responsible for a number of hate crimes in the Chicago area. Kitty infiltrates their group using both her phasing powers and computer skills and manages to get Stryker arrested suing evidence against him. This leads to the X-Men taking an interest in her.

Colossus (Disney+ miniseries) - Piotr Rasputin is a half-Polish/half-Russian farmer living outside Novosibirsk. His brother was a Cosmonaut who went missing in space and that leaves him fiercely protective of his younger sister, Ilyana. After a runaway tractor nearly hits her, Piotr throws himself in front of the tractor and finds that he can make himself nearly indestructible. After wondering if Ilyana also has powers like he does, he finds that she can teleport and that includes into other realities. One day, Ilyana comes back shaken. She claims to have seen a world of pure torment and horror and she brought a book back with her... a cope of the Darkhold. The same book responsible for creating the Ghost Rider. Piotr is a staunch atheist who doesn't believe in hell or the devil but once he starts seeing Ilyana wielding horrible powers, he begins to believe. Piotr asks her to stop after she's bound a demon named Sym to her will but she won't listen until N'Astirh begins possessing her. Piotr needs to enter hell itself to fight for Ilyana's soul back. The cold Siberian winter is nothing compared to the sheer terror Piotr will encounter as he saves his sister from a powerful demon.

Rogue and Nightcrawler (Disney+ miniseries) - The biological son of Mystique and Destiny meets his adoptive sister. Kurt shows Anna how to do magic tricks and mentions that his appearance is a bonus when he's literally a circus freak. When Kurt introduces Anna to his girlfriend, the fortune teller Amanda Sefton, she becomes nervous and starts to foresee great danger. Anna thinks nothing of it. Kurt is genuinely terrified since Amanda has actual powers of divination. The ringmaster of the circus, Maynard Tiboldt then hypotizes both Kurt and Anna and sends them to a run down amusement park called Murderworld run by a former circus performer who claims that he, "can't keep up with people like you, Kurt." Since Arcade is hatefully jealous of mutants, he's going to play some games with both Kurt and Anna where they have to survive his death traps. Naturally, both of them do and confront Arcade and his assistant Ms. Locke in his office. He asks for a one-on-one fight with Nightcrawler with none of his teleporting powers and Kurt just knocks Arcade out with a single punch. They later meet up with Mystique who tells them that it would be nepotism to bring them on to her X-Factor team but they could always see if Charles Xavier needs them.

Cue Astonishing X-Men where Cassandra Nova's endgame is revealed and Bishop must stop the sentinels to prevent his future from coming to pass. Master Mold and the future Nimrod model fuse together in the body of a kidnapped Prime Sentinel named Sebastian Gilberti in the post-credits scene. Trask Industries call in Captain Marvel to help them and Rogue steals her powers. Cassandra Nova dies and Bishop's future is seemingly averted. Wolverine's team was actually successful.

Just realized that I'd rather Storm be an ongoing series since I'd like to see the plotlines with the Morlocks, particularly Callisto and Marrow play out as well as LifeDeath.

There's so many stories I want to see on screen. Wolverine and Deathstrike is a story I'd like to see told, the Shadow King, the trial of Magneto. I do want Mystique back too in her rightful place as a bad ass and intelligent assassin.

This time we can have a Wolverine Solo in Japan with Harada as mutant, Deathstrike as cyborg (Omega Red and Sabret can also appear)
The Wolverine 2013 disapointed me

I'm hesitant to pitch anything as a theoretical Disney+ mini since we don't even know what those will look like yet.

On the topic of villains that haven't been used yet, I was recalling Arcade. The most implausible aspect is how this one dude can design and build these giant elaborate traps. So I figure the easiest way around that is to decide who's funding him, like maybe the Hellfire Club or the MRDs or something, and they're the ones who task him with eliminating the X-Men specifically. Could be fun.

Honestly, I don't see a need for some external power to justify Arcade. He's a rich supergenius with a passion for theatrical death traps, that's all the justification you need for how he builds murder parks.

Which is not to say I disapprove of Arcade. The rebooted X-Men can only benefit from a good array of villains who are *not* tied tightly to "mutant hatred and oppression" as a concept.

I definitely wouldn't mind a different line upon X-Men in future MCU films, there's so many characters that haven't gotten their due in the movies that I'm hopeful will appear at some point. I'd rather get a line up like the Academy of Tomorrow with a team lead by Emma and her relationship with Cyclops instead of rehashing him and Jean. I do ofcourse want those stellar names in there like Wolverine and Storm but I definitely want more unknowns to the general public who haven't been aware of the comics.

Last few Phase 4/5 shows

Havok and Mystique (Disney+ miniseries) - Mystique and Val Cooper assemble X-Factor and their first course of action is getting Havok to control his powers. The problem is that rogue factions within the United States and Russia are working on pushing their respective countries towards nuclear war and attempting to cause a Chernobyl-style meltdown at the Alamogordo Nuclear Research Facility. It turns out that both Hazard and Quark as well as Meltdown and Doctor Neutron are both being used by Amanda Mueller who's actually banking on Havok and Mystique foiling their plans so that Weapon X can be exposed. Alamogordo was were Xavier was experimented on a kid and also where Cain Marko was tested to see if he possessed mutant powers and upon learning that Xavier's stepbrother had none of his gifts even after being irradiated. Havok learns to control his powers and Mystique realizes that X-Factor's first real mission (with a team of all of two people and Val Cooper back at base) was a success. Mueller is killed by a mysterious assassin who's never seen but implied to be Sabretooth after she was about to go public about Weapon X and Nathaniel Essex taking the organization rogue after a clash with Peggy Carter to start the experiments on black soldiers during the Korean War to create the original Patriot, further experiments during the Cold War to create covert super soldiers like Wolverine, Sabretooth, Maverick and Fantomex, their role in the creation of the Incredible Hulk and Abomination as well as Karl Malus breaking away from Weapon X to found IGH and mutate Jessica Jones and Nuke. When Val Cooper searches for Havok and Mystique's report she finds that it's mysteriously missing and that there are some powerful figures within the government looking to suppress any information about Weapon X and keep Essex's entire operation in the dark. The last shot of the miniseries is a not to Mystique saying that if she values the lives of Rogue and Nightcrawler, to stop asking questions about international super soldier projects. It's signed "Creed" in blood.

Polaris (Disney+ miniseries) - Lorna Dane is Magneto's young illegitimate daughter with Suzanna Dane who after a fight with her mother on her 18th birthday displays intense magnetic powers. She then runs away from home and meets a man named Tobias Messanger who believes that humanity is obsolete. and when mutantkind rises up, his organization The Promise will rule the world. Lorna starts believing Tobias and treating The Promise as her new family until they start asking her to commit crimes to fund their cause. Lorna betrays The Promise and emerges a hero which causes Val Cooper to approach her and offer her a place in X-Factor.

Dazzler and Longshot (also involves a young Strong Guy, Disney+ miniseries) - Set in the 1990s, punk rocker Alison Blaire plays in a band with Lila Cheney and her bodyguard Guido Carosella (who still has a head full of hair). They're on tour until their bus breaks down and Alison steps out to investigate and falls through a portal into another dimension where she's forced to sing for her life on a reality program. That's until she's rescued by Longshot (which is actually his real name) who seeks to overthrow Mojo and liberate the people from a world where everything is under surveillance and media companies control the world, turning everyone's life into a reality program within an anarcho-capitalist society. As the sole authority in the world, Mojo frequently causes tragedy to drive ratings and while they fail to overthrow Mojo, they do escape to Earth where Alison learns that she's pregnant. (This sets up the plot of the X-Factor movie with Shatterstar now being an adult kidnapped by Mojo as a child alongside Spiral and X-Factor is really about Shatterstar trying to find his parents, Spiral trying to bring him back to Mojoworld and Mojo 2 attempting to overthrow his older brother.)

Forge and Darwin (Disney+ miniseries) - A story about Area 51 being raided and two DARPA operatives being sent to track down the thief only to find that he's something unnatural. Namely, he's something from Forge's tribe's mythology seeking to obtain world-destroying weaponry in order to destroy the world and fulfill an ancient prophecy. The Adversary is really known as Sefako and while Forge once thought he was nothing more than a myth, he must get in touch with his roots and become a shaman in order to defeat him.

Rictor (Disney+ miniseries) - Julio Richter is the son of Louis Richter, a notorious arms dealer working for a Mexican cartel. When his father is killed during an arms deal gone bad, Julio decides to seek vengeance on the rival cartel and learns that he has incredible powers which he can use to his advantage and ends up in battle with Avalanche, a mercenary hired by the cartel's mysterious leader calling himself Genesis. Rictor falls in love with another man (who would be an original character) Rictor defeats Avalanch but Genesis turns out to be a powerful telepath who forces Rictor to live out his father's death over and over again before killing his boyfriend in front of him. Genesis offers to let Rictor live so long as he runs away and never returns to Mexico. The series ends with Rictor is detained attempting to illegally cross the border into the United States and is then offered amnesty so long as he spends a good five years of his life working for X-Factor.

Emma Frost (Hulu miniseries due to sex and violence) - Emma and Adrienne Frost are the CEOs and heiresses of Frost Futuristics but also members of the Hellfire Club which is secretly attempting to control the world. Adrienne can sense the history of events and read minds through skin contact while Emma is a far more powerful can read the minds of those around her while also being able to assume a near invincible diamond form. Adrienne's husband died under mysterious circumstances and she's currently in a relationship with Sebastian Shaw, the Hellfire Club's Black King. Emma when we meet her is somebody only interested in sex, money and power aside from her sisters. Emma views the compassion she feels in other people's minds to be a weakness and her arc is to wind up discovering her humanity. It's when Adrienne offers her younger sister Cordelia up to Sebastian Shaw's son the Black Rook (who's name will be changed from Shinobi to something that's actually a Japanese name instead of just the Japanese word for, "ninja") for a date. The catch is that the The Black Rook has a tendency to make both men and women who spend the night with him go missing. That's when Emma begins to doubt her allegiance to the Hellfire Club and questions Adrienne over terms of Cordelia's initiation. That's when Emma decides to infiltrate the Hellfire Club's orgy incognito wearing a mask. She badly mangles Donald Pierce during a sexual encounter in a way which cuts off both his arms and leaves him needing surgery on multiple organs using her diamond form (which prompts him to create the Reavers to hunt down mutants), locks Harry Leland in one of the cages in the dungeon (which would be a reference to what she did to Shadowcat in her first appearance), poisons Sebastian Shaw, encounters Adrienne who proudly announces that she murdered her husband and is going to kill Emma with the same sword until Emma goes into her diamond form and then blocks Adrienne's sword attack before shooting her out a window. Then we see Shaw's son with Cordelia and Cordelia's powers activate when she realizes that the younger Shaw is planning on killing her by breaking her bones from within. She tries to escape but can't escape until Emma's diamond arm breaks through the door and strangles the younger Shaw to death. Emma Frost then burns the Hellfire club down with a traumatized Cordelia at her side. Emma then tells Cordelia that she'll find a new home for them.

New Mutants (Disney+ ongoing series) - Emma Frost's new home for herself and Cordelia is the Massachusetts Academy. Following Warren's "death" Emma Frost becomes the X-Men's new financier and seeing as how the Charles Xavier Academy is now the X-Mansion, Xavier needed a new location to train the X-Men. Emma Frost is the school's headmaster while Cordelia works as a custodian. Emma's new team of trainees includes Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Karma, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Cipher, and Meltdown. (Magma joins the Team in Season 2, Warlock joins in Season 3.) Mirage suffers from nightmares about a demon bear which Emma and Karma both assure her is a figment of her imagination and a result of the trauma of her parents death by a bear. Only Magik believes that Mirage is actually being haunted and that this bear isn't a psionic entity like Karma and Emma were searching for but genuinely demonic and is the same bear which killer her parents. Season 1 will be a teen drama which turns into a horror story in the second half of the season as the Demon Bear actually appears and attacks the school looking for Danielle. Sunspot, Cipher and Cannonball as the only three male members of the team, manage to try to hit on everyone and fail. (Bobby does manage to get together with Magma in Season 2, Cipher and Wolfsbane become an item in Season 3, Cannonball remains perma-single.) Season 2 revolves around the New Mutants being kidnapped by one of Emma's former Hellfire Club cohorts and brought to Nova Roma in Brazil. Season 3 is about Warlock, Magus and the Technarchy where Warlock and Cipher both die.

An X-men cartoon to put on Disney and Hulu would be better, could hit five seasons or so, as long as the story and animations are good. The Disney xd style is not a good fit.

The reason I say this is because Disney used to cater to broader audiences but their stuff nowadays doesn’t appeal as broadly as it used to. X-men cartoons are watched by children and adult fans as well, but the Disney xd style would cut down the X-men views significantly. I think you’d be losing a few adults with it.

Also, take a closer look at the way magneto and beast speak in the comics and cartoons. That is highly cherished by X-men fans and i highly doubt there’s anything on Disney nowadays challenging kids that way. Disney does also underestimate younger audiences and may even be making them dumb and dumber over time

Well, this was disappointing. And by all accounts, New Mutants will be worse. Send New Mutants to Disney+ and let Disney reboot the X-Men in a much better way.

IMO, I'd have the X-Men's origin stories play out on Disney+ and Hulu with future seasons happening depending on the character during Phase 4. Then assemble the two main X-Men teams and X-Factor come Phase 5. I'd make Falcon and Winter Soldier feature the Grand Director and US Agent so Weapon X can be introduced (No more IGH shenanigans, the REAL Weapon X which IGH was originally spun-off from). Mister Sinister would be the Thanos for the X-Men side of then MCU but Stryfe would be the first major villain to bring all the X-Men teams together.

TV Shows which would set up the X-Men in the MCU

Wolverine (Hulu ongoing series due to violence) Tells the story of Patch Logan working for Jessan Hoan on Madripoor and how he begins to recover his memories due to encounters with Maverick and Omega Red. If there's a second Season, use it to set up Alpha Flight.

Cyclops (Disney+ miniseries) - After a plane crashes in Alaska, Scott and Alex Summers survive only to discover that they have incredible powers and while the military decide to keep Alex for themselves under the command of Raven Darkholme and Valerie Cooper, a man named Charles Xavier is able to take Scott into his care to study him and help him learn to control his abilities as Charles failed to do with his own son. Scott fights the Vanisher after he steals Xavier's research.

Storm (Disney+ miniseries) - Ororo Munroe is a Kenyan woman backpacking across Africa who encounters a telepath named Amal Farouk. Ororo learns to break free of his control and now must do battle with his disembodied psychic form after killing him only to be rescued by Charles Xavier.

Psylocke (Disney+ miniseries) - Betsy Braddock was chosen by Merlin to become Captain Britain but passed the torch to her half-brother Brian because elements of British society wouldn't let a half-Japanese woman be their country's greatest hero. Psylocke creates her own name for herself and proves herself to be a hero on her own terms by defeating the crime boss Vixen and her ally Mad Jim Jaspers. Would also set up an Excalibur film series.

Archangel (Disney+ miniseries) - Warren Worthington III is the billionaire heir and CEO of Worthinton Industries. He stays out of the public eye after a falling out with his old friend Cameron Hodge over his wings and healing powers and become a reclusive business executive who hides his wings as a secret. After an encounter with Candy Southern who sees him in person and isn't scared of his wings, Warren decides to go public with his appearance. This series wouldn't have a supervillain to fight, it would be a pure romance with Candy teaching Warren to love himself again and from there to use his fortune to fund Charles Xavier's new school and team of superheroes. Hodge would later become a supervillain down the line but that's once X-Force would be established in Phase 6. Hodge still is the one to kill Candy before fleeing to Genosha which makes the story a tragedy. Candy's last words are, "They're not all like him. I want you to still believe in people." It's just a genuine tragic romance story which would be completely different for the MCU and show that there are stories to tell in that world which are completely different from normal superhero tales.

Jean Grey (Disney+ miniseries) - After Jean saw her best friend die in front of her as a child, she began hearing voices. Ones which years of therapy and medication couldn't stop her from hearing. She always thought her house was haunted after objects moved by themselves. It's only after Jean in college over in new York City meets Jessica Jones who convinces Jean that there are plenty of other people like her and they aren't all Avengers. Meanwhile, Charles' Xavier's stepbrother Cain Marko makes a pact with a demon for power after breaking into the Sanctum Sanctorum and becomes the avatar of Cytorrak to seek vengeance on Charles for not allowing him onto the team he's building. After the Juggernaut goes on a rampage in the Bronx outside Jean's window, Jean teams up with Misty Knight to stop the Juggernaut only to follow him to upstate New York where she does battle with him at the site of the school Charles Xavier is building. Jean stops Cain by first psychically breaking off his helmet and then getting into his mind itself and forcing him to surrender. Xavier allows her onto the team.

Bishop (Disney+ miniseries) - Lucas Bishop is interned in an internment camp for mutants, aliens and other super-powered beings in Australia. Held in a segregated cell block for Aborigines and branded with an M over his eye to show that he's a mutant, Bishop eventually is freed by his sister, Shard. Together they want a world without Sentinels. Naming themselves after the 21st Century's greatest heroes, the X-Men, the XSE recruit Archer, Greystone, Malcolm, Randall and Trevor Fitzroy to fight against Ahab and his Hounds as well as Nimrod, a more advanced version of Sentinel. After Ahab is defeated, Fitzroy reveals himself to have been a Hound all along and mentions that he sent a Nimrod-class sentinel to the past before killing Shard, Archer and Greystone. Fitzroy then attempts to visit the past himself and change history but Bishop, Malcolm and Randall stop him and are sent back into the past with him. Fitzroy then kills Malcolm and Randall before Bishop defeats Fitzroy whose last words are, "do you know how they X-Men died? They were betrayed from within, just like I did to you." Bishop then vows to prevent his future from ever occurring and seeks to save the X-Men from themselves.

Beast (Disney+ miniseries) - A scientist working for Roxxon in Chicago is the perfect human specimen. Gifted with superhuman strength, agility and intelligence, Dr. Hank McCoy simply wishes to be normal. Hank works with Linda Donaldson (who's his lover) and Carl Maddicks to isolate the cause of mutations in the hope of curing people who may have superhuman abilities which they never desired. Upon learning that his fellow researchers are secretly working for HYDRA and plan on using the research to create super soldiers, Hank decides to cure himself so he'll no longer be a test subject. Naturally, this instead induces a secondary mutation and causes him to become a blue, furry creature with sharp claws and fangs. Hank then steals the research from Maddicks and destroys it. Donaldson reacts with horror and says that she never realized that Hank was a monster. Hank simply says, "I could say the same about you." Hank then leaves to go join Xavier's new team where he can continue his research ethically.

Thunderbird and Warpath (Hulu miniseries due to violence) - Brothers and Navy SEALs John (codename Thunderbird) and Jim (codename Warpath) Proudstar are on shore leave where they go to visit their mother on the Apache reservation in Arizona. John was blessed with super strength and near invulnerability. Jim has enhanced reflexes and flight. Upon learning that their mother got a fast-acting cancer which killed her in a number of weeks, John and Jim then hear that there were a number of strange cancer diagnoses as of late and that the closest hospital is likely the cause. It turns out that the hospital is run by HYDRA and that the researcher in charge, Dr. Edwin Martynec is trying to recreate Hank McCoy's research. Martynec eventually transforms himself into a creature just like Beast and is killed by John and Jim. John then says that his time in the military is almost over and he's heard about a team of heroes being assembled where he feels he can do more good since he's not the type to ever give up fighting but that if anything happens to him, he wants Jim to take his place on the team, even if that means going AWOL.

Magneto (Hulu miniseries due to violence) - A young Erik Lensherr in the 1980s is ordered to invade Lebanon. Young Erik witnesses horrific brutality on all sides of the conflict and even participates in a number of atrocities. Erik falls in love with a young soldier named Magda who becomes his only true tie to his humanity and keeps his dark side in line. After Erik's powers activate in the heat of battle, he begins to see himself as more of a weapon than a man. His own government begins calling him, "Magneto" and treating him as a piece of equipment. Magneto is seen as a hero to Israel and as pure evil by the Syrians and he only manages to give up war when he's ordered to return home and is only able to do so because Magda's unit is also returning. Fast forward to the year 2000 when Magneto now has a family with Magda who he's eating dinner in Jerusalem with. He talks first about how he traveled Eastern Europe in the 90s before he felt the need to return to Israel because he needed Magda back in his life and about the importance of Israel and how every people deserve a homeland and when Anya asks, "are there still people who hate us" a suicide bomb goes off and kills Magda and Anya. Erik gets the same look in his eye when he first became Magneto and as gunfire erupts around him.

That's the first wave needed before the first MCU X-Men film, which would hopefully be based on Mutant Genesis. Magneto appears to be the villain for the first two acts but he's framed by Fabian Cortez and only ever wanted Avalon to be a mutant homeland. Cassandra Nova would be reimagined as a government bureaucrat who naturally destroys Asteroid M with nuclear weapons despite knowing that Magneto wasn't actually a threat. Cyclops sees himself as the new Steve Rogers but it turns out that he's actually far less competent and manages to get Archangel blown out of the sky in the first act where his body is never even recovered and Fabian Cortez kills Thunderbird on Asteroid M which allows Cortez to escape without any sort of consequence. Millions perish on Avalon and the X-Men are forced to watch while Magneto joins the X-Men because he simply has nowhere else to go and because being a superhero and fighting evil are in his nature since he simply wants the violence. He doesn't so much want to become a hero at the end as much as he wants a chance to kill people and get away with it. It would set the X-Men up as a very different kind of team from the Avengers and ram home why Cyclops will drive the X-Men so hard in the Danger Room.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"