MCU X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss anything and everything regarding possible MCU X-Men films and appearances of X-Men and associated characters in the MCU.

I'd like to see main team films gradually build like Avengers films have towards big events having Cyclops and Storm leading ever expanding teams that one day incorporate the below:

Xavier
Senior
Cyclops - Storm - Beast - Jean - Wolverine
A Team
Iceman - Colossus - Nightcrawler - Rogue - Gambit - Kitty - Psylocke - Angel
Mansion Team ;)
Jubilee - Banshee - Forge - Moira - Magik
Sequels once the above established
Emma Frost - Bishop - Cable - Havok - Polaris

As others have suggested it would be nice to see the individual members appear in other MCU films ahead of (and after) an all out MCU X-film to get the GA used to these new versions of the characters. These are the ones I've heard that I've liked so far:

One of the most popular has been for Iceman to appear in Spider-man and his Amazing Friends with Johnny Storm.
Storm to appear in a Black Panther sequel even if there is no romance.
Rogue could get her powers from a Captain Marvel sequel, which would also allow Monica Rambeau to fill in while Danvers was temporarily out of commission.
If there are any Cap or Hulk films post Phase 3 (not necessarily looking too likely in the immediate future), then Cyclops and Wolverine could debut in those respectively.
And it would be nice if Beast had a role with the Avengers at some point too.

Please throw in any and all ideas linked to the above...below. :cwink:

Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Gambit
Rogue
Beast

There’s the team

Can we nuke the xboards yet?
The MCU X-films will go there eventually I guess.
Wolverine
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Gambit
Rogue
Beast

There’s the team

Sounds like a good base. I think they could add one or 2 more even in the first film after all these years of films to get the GA familiarised with the mutant world.

I am very much looking forward to Dark Phoenix, but it's always fun to imagine the way you would want things done if there were no baggage (and the MCU might be offering a baggage-free opportunity soon, before it makes their own baggage lol).

I think the challenge the MCU will have is depicting a large and vibrant mutant community while not wasting or under-developing the characters that appear.

This is the team of adult X-men I'd like to see:

Cyclops: The leader control freak who has to compensate for the devastating destruction he would cause if he ever opens his eyes without a visor. Have him make really difficult and controversial decisions with both good and bad effects. Let other characters call him out and criticize, but remind audiences that Cyclops is unique in that he makes the decisions no one else wants to. This character should walk a fine line between being unlikeable and sympathetic, with some bad-ass moments sprinkled in.

Jean Grey: The heart of the team whose friendship with each team-member softens Scott's blunt approach to leadership. She's the team's psychic and empathic force who uses cerebro for missions and keeps the team in communication (both while in action and their personal drama). They should hint at Jean's potential and Phoenix destiny but leave that for movies way way way down the line. Make her the ambassador for Xavier's school (the one that does PR, interviews, outreach).

Iceman: Bobby is perfect for the MCU - he's funny with a cool power set. Marvel should finally perfect the iced-up look and use his powers in creative ways. Have him make cameos in Spider-man and the Fantastic Four. He should be gay like he is in the comics and use humour to deflect from being doubly repressed by being a mutant and gay.

Storm: Marvel should do everything to make her a fan favourite by playing up her iconic imagery and centralizing her in the plot. I would make the first movie about the Shadow King wanting Storm's powers to make-over the world in the way he wants. She should have an accent. Storm could lose her powers in a later movie and showcase her mohawk and leather outfit, and maybe explore her ancestral community in Kenya (but regain her powers in the next movie). Cross her over to Black Panther occasionally.

Forge: I'd make him the genius tech guy instead of Beast. He would be responsible for the comic-booky tech elements like the jet and suits. They should explore the story where Forge invents a device that removes mutant powers and have it used on Storm accidentally without her knowing it was Forge's invention. He could nurse her through the trauma of losing her powers and fall in love, only for Storm to tragically find out it was his fault. This gives Forge and Storm a personal arc that carries through several films.

Nightcrawler: The Fox movies made him a bit goofy and comic relief (which works for those movies). The MCU should make him a charming flirty guy with a lot of charisma. Play up the character's contradictions in a way that only the X-men can. He's catholic, but looks like a devil. He's blue and furry with a tail, yet confident and attractive in a non-normative way. They should adapt his family dynamic with Rogue and Mystique but in a way that doesn't centralize Mystique. The idea that he was abandoned and unloved but still cares deeply for his mother, while his sister, Rogue, was loved but hates their mother, is great drama.

Rogue: She should join the X-men after being abused by Mystique into permanently stealing the psyche (and super strength and flight) from another mutant. I wouldn't make the character Captain Marvel (though I would be super impressed if the MCU pulled that off). Have her work with Jean and Xavier to mend her shattered mind, and play up the Nightcrawler stuff.

The films should have a robust and developed student cast made up of different generations of students in the comics: Kitty Pryde, Magik, Jubilee, Armour, Quentin Quire, Hellion, Wolfsbane, Dani, etc. How these students are taught and how they apply their lessons should be given considerable focus.

Xavier, Moira, Gambit, Mystique, Magneto, Emma Frost should be supporting characters to make the world feel bigger. They can come and go between movies when the plot and main characters need them, but should not be the driving forces of the movie.

A lot of the stuff I listed would be done over several movies, but the X-world is just so big and fun and awesome that it's hard to narrow it down. Good luck MCU!

Last edited:
Can we nuke the xboards yet?
ripley-nuke-the-site-from-orbit-i-say-we-take-off-and-nuke-the-entire-site-from-orbit-its-the-only-w.jpg

:o

I'd like to see a full-on reboot, with the X-Men in their early days. But I don't want them to be as young as they are in the current series. It makes the whole thing feel like an adaptation of a YA novel. I want Cyke, Jean, Beast, Storm, Angel and Iceman to all be in their late 20s/early 30s.

I'm really tired of people trying to start stories with their ends. The X-Men is a story about people who gained their powers and had incredible adventures when they are teenagers, and are currently in their early 30s currently, having already experienced Magneto, Sentinels, Apocalypse, Mojo, Arcade, Stryfe, Sublime, Exodus, X-Cutioner, The Shi'ar, The Brood and many more, including the arrival of their teenaged selves. They didn't come out as characters ten years older than Spider-Man with none of the experience, but that we were supposed to respect as "senior" or "heroic."

Start earlier. Maybe not at the beginning, but start earlier. I'm in no mood for yet another X-Men franchise where an already established team with no accomplishments and no investment from the film later has to retcon the universe into odd shapes to accommodate the storyteller's lack of interest in the X-Men or the universe they inhabit. You want to do 20 X-Men justice? Don't try to include them all as team members in your very first film.

I want to see Emma Frost. She's yet to be handled well, and she hasn't shown up much, either.

I'm really tired of people trying to start stories with their ends. The X-Men is a story about people who gained their powers and had incredible adventures when they are teenagers, and are currently in their early 30s currently, having already experienced Magneto, Sentinels, Apocalypse, Mojo, Arcade, Stryfe, Sublime, Exodus, X-Cutioner, The Shi'ar, The Brood and many more, including the arrival of their teenaged selves. They didn't come out as characters ten years older than Spider-Man with none of the experience, but that we were supposed to respect as "senior" or "heroic."

Start earlier. Maybe not at the beginning, but start earlier. I'm in no mood for yet another X-Men franchise where an already established team with no accomplishments and no investment from the film later has to retcon the universe into odd shapes to accommodate the storyteller's lack of interest in the X-Men or the universe they inhabit. You want to do 20 X-Men justice? Don't try to include them all as team members in your very first film.
The X-men didn't leave a mark in the comic book world until it stopped focusing solely on teenagers. The school should at least be established. I think the X-men should be instructors, otherwise it's a bit odd having an entire mansion for one teacher (Xavier) and five students. Do you want Cyclops to be ten years younger than Captain America? Ages in comics are wonky, movies have to be practical. The MCU is great at planting seeds and following through later and they should do that with a large supporting cast with the option of beginning part of the main cast down the line.

Last edited:
The X-men didn't leave a mark in the comic book world until it stopped focusing solely on teenagers. The school should at least be established. I think the X-men should be instructors, otherwise it's a bit odd having an entire mansion for one teacher (Xavier) and five students. Do you want Cyclops to be ten years younger than Captain America? Ages in comics are wonky, movies have to be practical. The MCU is great at planting seeds and following through later and they should do that with a large supporting cast with the option of beginning part of the main cast down the line.

Actually, The X-Men's splash came with Giant-Size X-Men. They were not teachers, and they were 19 or 20 at the time. We got to see them grow and became invested in their relationships over decades, develop their teacherness with teen sidekick Jubilee and THEN they started a school for younger mutants, which was heavily developed by the New X-Men title and popularized by the Fox films minus the attachment to the X-Men. I'm not saying it has to take decades to do again, but maybe... more than a 2 hour film, y'know?

If Xavier homeschooling the kids is 'odd' consider embracing that the X-Men aren't like everyone else. The Fox-Men were able to establish both the team and school in the origin film by turning all but three characters into supporting cast with no real development. If you'd like to do the X-Men justice, consider focusing on the X-Men, and allow the audience to invest in their journey and development rather than trying to shoehorn their development into them teaching the development they've already had whether the audience cares or not.

I actually do like Cyclops being significantly younger than Captain America, for a number of reasons, but even if I didn't, or those reasons didn't exist, the fact is that in the MCU, Captain America is an incredibly experience Avengers, and soldier before that, who has been operating on an international scale for years while MCU Scott Summers has not. I'd like that to be because he's young or he couldn't, not because he's been in hiding as the world was about to end, or some contrived storyline to avoid the plain truth: Cyclops is is a newb and Captain America is not. Like you said, movies have to be practical.

The MCU is great at planting seeds, to follow through with later, which is why they should plant the seed of the school, but they seem to know better than to try and retcon entire superhero careers into existence. Good on them.

Last edited:
I am very much looking forward to Dark Phoenix, but it's always fun to imagine the way you would want things done if there were no baggage (and the MCU might be offering a baggage-free opportunity soon, before it makes their own baggage lol).

I think the challenge the MCU will have is depicting a large and vibrant mutant community while not wasting or under-developing the characters that appear.

This is the team of adult X-men I'd like to see:

Cyclops: The leader control freak who has to compensate for the devastating destruction he would cause if he ever opens his eyes without a visor. Have him make really difficult and controversial decisions with both good and bad effects. Let other characters call him out and criticize, but remind audiences that Cyclops is unique in that he makes the decisions no one else wants to. This character should walk a fine line between being unlikeable and sympathetic, with some bad-ass moments sprinkled in.

Jean Grey: The heart of the team whose friendship with each team-member softens Scott's blunt approach to leadership. She's the team's psychic and empathic force who uses cerebro for missions and keeps the team in communication (both while in action and their personal drama). They should hint at Jean's potential and Phoenix destiny but leave that for movies way way way down the line. Make her the ambassador for Xavier's school (the one that does PR, interviews, outreach).

Iceman: Bobby is perfect for the MCU - he's funny with a cool power set. Marvel should finally perfect the iced-up look and use his powers in creative ways. Have him make cameos in Spider-man and the Fantastic Four. He should be gay like he is in the comics and use humour to deflect from being doubly repressed by being a mutant and gay.

Storm: Marvel should do everything to make her a fan favourite by playing up her iconic imagery and centralizing her in the plot. I would make the first movie about the Shadow King wanting Storm's powers to make-over the world in the way he wants. She should have an accent. Storm could lose her powers in a later movie and showcase her mohawk and leather outfit, and maybe explore her ancestral community in Kenya (but regain her powers in the next movie). Cross her over to Black Panther occasionally.

Forge: I'd make him the genius tech guy instead of Beast. He would be responsible for the comic-booky tech elements like the jet and suits. They should explore the story where Forge invents a device that removes mutant powers and have it used on Storm accidentally without her knowing it was Forge's invention. He could nurse her through the trauma of losing her powers and fall in love, only for Storm to tragically find out it was his fault. This gives Forge and Storm a personal arc that carries through several films.

Nightcrawler: The Fox movies made him a bit goofy and comic relief (which works for those movies). The MCU should make him a charming flirty guy with a lot of charisma. Play up the character's contradictions in a way that only the X-men can. He's catholic, but looks like a devil. He's blue and furry with a tail, yet confident and attractive in a non-normative way. They should adapt his family dynamic with Rogue and Mystique but in a way that doesn't centralize Mystique. The idea that he was abandoned and unloved but still cares deeply for his mother, while his sister, Rogue, was loved but hates their mother, is great drama.

Rogue: She should join the X-men after being abused by Mystique into permanently stealing the psyche (and super strength and flight) from another mutant. I wouldn't make the character Captain Marvel (though I would be super impressed if the MCU pulled that off). Have her work with Jean and Xavier to mend her shattered mind, and play up the Nightcrawler stuff.

The films should have a robust and developed student cast made up of different generations of students in the comics: Kitty Pryde, Magik, Jubilee, Armour, Quentin Quire, Hellion, Wolfsbane, Dani, etc. How these students are taught and how they apply their lessons should be given considerable focus.

Xavier, Moira, Gambit, Mystique, Magneto, Emma Frost should be supporting characters to make the world feel bigger. They can come and go between movies when the plot and main characters need them, but should not be the driving forces of the movie.

A lot of the stuff I listed would be done over several movies, but the X-world is just so big and fun and awesome that it's hard to narrow it down. Good luck MCU!

You're not going to have my boy Colossus???

Over a number of main team films and a load of solo appearances throughout the MCU I hope the X-Films can build to their own mega-event. If Cyclops and Storm eventually had their own teams you'd be able to fit most of the A-team in over 6-7 years.

DrCosmic is right. What a lot of people are missing is that for a good two decades the X-Mansion was home to simply Xavier and 7-10 students. The X-Mansion was not originally this big school that trained dozens of mutants like a real school or something, it was simply a safe haven for the few mutant outcasts who came across Xavier where they could learn how to control their powers and have a home. It wasn't expanded until later. The MCU should start from that place first. They don't have to be Spider-Man's age but they should at least be between 18-25 and it should only be like 7 of them. I would think about holding off on introducing Wolverine until the second movie also.

DrCosmic is right. What a lot of people are missing is that for a good two decades the X-Mansion was home to simply Xavier and 7-10 students. The X-Mansion was not originally this big school that trained dozens of mutants like a real school or something, it was simply a safe haven for the few mutant outcasts who came across Xavier where they could learn how to control their powers and have a home. It wasn't expanded until later. The MCU should start from that place first. They don't have to be Spider-Man's age but they should at least be between 18-25 and it should only be like 7 of them. I would think about holding off on introducing Wolverine until the second movie also.

I have a feeling we're getting an Alpha Flight movie sooner than we think because Marvel really wants to introduce Wolverine and have him be very disparate from the Hugh Jackman version. I'm predicting we'll get the MCU X-Men film in 2020, followed by an Alpha Flight with Wolverine in 2021, and then the X-Men sequel in 2022 with Wolverine.

Legit can't believe this is happening.

Come through, Iceman, LGBT screen icon.

Actually, The X-Men's splash came with Giant-Size X-Men. They were not teachers, and they were 19 or 20 at the time. We got to see them grow and became invested in their relationships over decades, develop their teacherness with teen sidekick Jubilee and THEN they started a school for younger mutants, which was heavily developed by the New X-Men title and popularized by the Fox films minus the attachment to the X-Men. I'm not saying it has to take decades to do again, but maybe... more than a 2 hour film, y'know?

If Xavier homeschooling the kids is 'odd' consider embracing that the X-Men aren't like everyone else. The Fox-Men were able to establish both the team and school in the origin film by turning all but three characters into supporting cast with no real development. If you'd like to do the X-Men justice, consider focusing on the X-Men, and allow the audience to invest in their journey and development rather than trying to shoehorn their development into them teaching the development they've already had whether the audience cares or not.

I actually do like Cyclops being significantly younger than Captain America, for a number of reasons, but even if I didn't, or those reasons didn't exist, the fact is that in the MCU, Captain America is an incredibly experience Avengers, and soldier before that, who has been operating on an international scale for years while MCU Scott Summers has not. I'd like that to be because he's young or he couldn't, not because he's been in hiding as the world was about to end, or some contrived storyline to avoid the plain truth: Cyclops is is a newb and Captain America is not. Like you said, movies have to be practical.

The MCU is great at planting seeds, to follow through with later, which is why they should plant the seed of the school, but they seem to know better than to try and retcon entire superhero careers into existence. Good on them.
This is my argument exactly. I want to see these characters grow the same way we've seen every MCU hero start from the beginning. I don't want the X-Men to start off already as 29 year old Student instructors and teachers. Where's the character development? Where's the journey? The X-Men did not start off like that in the comics - why should they in the MCU? They already went this route in X-Men 1. Not to mention you have to go through the hassle of explaining why the X-Men let Thanos and the Black Order darn near destroy the universe, not helping the heroes in any of the world ending battles that have happened in the MCU (Ultron, Loki's invasion etc) No, start from the beginning. With the original 5 members + whoever else they decide to add to the roster.

Last edited:
Come through, Iceman, LGBT screen icon.
An openly LGBT character would almost certainly get the movie banned in China though... and Marvel Studios would never do anything that could spite their Chinese masters. Honestly, I don't think we'll ever see a gay character in an MCU movie.

This is a good post.

There's no way Disney uses Iceman and doesn't write him as a gay character. It's time Hollywood nips this China excuse in the bud.

Starting with a team of adults does not mean they won't have character development or history. The most iconic stories are during their early adult years, and back stories can be done through flashbacks. It will be weird seeing all the X-men as a decade younger than the rest of the MCU aside from Spider-man. It means characters like Xavier and Magneto are once again the adults and prominent decision makers. Sure, the first MCU film could be about Xavier training teenagers for combat (which is a weird vibe that the Fox movies and the comic books now avoid) with the gradual expansion of the mansion into an actual school, but it means anytime the MCU characters interact with the X-men they will be dealing with a bunch of teenagers. It sounds like we won't get to iconic X-men status until 2030 because Marvel was caught up adapting the least popular era of X-men comics. I just think the X-men have too much potential to bound them to such a limited moment in its history. They could start the movie as the first generation of students (the 7 or so listed as the mean team) graduates and the student body expands. The 90s animated series began in the thick of things and that worked perfectly (to an iconic extent).
You're not going to have my boy Colossus???
There are too many awesome characters lol! Maybe Disney could keep him with Deadpool

Last edited:
I want Psylocke as aX-Woman so as Polaris, Emma, Jubilee, Dazzler and Sage!

Gambit, Angel, Bishop in the team as well!

Gimme the iconic costumes as well!

Here's my take...

Phase One: Uncanny X-Men film and future team characters introduction.

The Uncanny X-Men

I would want an MCU version of the X-Men to be more aligned with the comic history and aesthetic than we have previously gotten. I would establish mutancy as being a phenomenon that has been accelerating in recent years. Once the domain of the tin foil hat brigade, think reactionary Alex Jones paranoid conspiracy types, since the public battles of the various MCU heroes it's now out in the open, and as I said as a phenomenon it's growing. Teens are manifesting physical changes across a broad swath of demographics and it's an international story. I've never liked the idea of literally hundreds of millions of Mutants being out there. Spread across the globe I would rather it be more like between three to five million Mutants in the entirety of the world. Xavier, seeing the trends years ago, started his plan to integrate Mutants peacefully by taking in young Mutants in their early adolescence. Thus the team is mostly under 24 years old. And the team hasn't yet faced Magneto, for Xavier at this point thinks his old friend is dead.

The team, using a take on the classic blue and yellow uniforms which cover their faces to keep their identities secret, while being trained in their powers have mostly worked as a clandestine rescue operation. Finding young Mutants and bringing them back to the school. Sometimes this has put them at odds with everything from the legitimate authorities to violent Mutants beyond saving to average people filled with fear about a reality they cannot understand or embrace. After the public battle of the Avengers civil war, the revelation of the Inhumans, the rampages of the Hulk (and who knows... Maybe some manipulation by the Skrulls?) there are a lot in the public and government that are very wary of the growing Mutant population.

Enter the youngest and newest recruit of Xavier's school and team, Bobby Drake. Bobby will be the audience surrogate, learning about all this along with the viewer. Bobby has the double issue of being a mutant and being a young homosexual teen. He is brought in and we see how the X-Men are the oldest residents of the school... and they aren't that old to start with. Most of the other young Mutants are too young and too raw to ever send into the field to actually help rescue other Mutants, but Bobby has a better handle on what he can do than most his age, especially impressing field leader Scott Summers. It's apparent to him that Bobby can be useful.

I would intimate that Xavier has some kind of back channel to the government in some way, perhaps a picture of Xavier and a young Fury can be seen in his office. Touched on lightly in the Fox films (and just **** on by the constant retcons and bad writing that happened to the character post Claremont) Xavier to me would be a model of morality in action. Dedicated to bridging the divide he sees coming between the Mutants and humanity he is forced right now to keep his school and his strike force under the radar, and he knows the razor's edge he is dancing on. After all, a team of secret ID having Mutants that's appear out of nowhere to rescue others raises lots of legal and ethical questions. Xavier has a deep, if chaste relationship with geneticist and medical doctor Moira Mactagarrt, his "school's" physician.

Scott Summers, code named Cyclops, would be the truest of true believers. An orphan found by Xavier he's being groomed by the Prof. to be a leader and spokesman for Mutants. If you went into Scott's room at the mansion you would find a poster of the Evans Capt.. America on his wall. That is the type of person he wants to be. If anything, Scott, as a mutant that's experienced oppression and defamation, even after CIVIL WAR he's still a Cap fan. Can that make him a bit dorky to some? Sure. But he's never unsure of himself... Except around his teammate Jean.

Jean Grey, code named Marvel Girl, is the resident telekinetic and telepath on the team. Jean has great control over her telekinesis but is overwhelmed and unsure when it comes to her telepathy. She tries to remain a bit of a wallflower as other people's emotions assault her when they are very strong, and as a young beautiful woman she invokes a lot of emotions. This can even affect her telekinetic power. Jean feels like she has to maintain absolute focus all the time and it's draining to her on a daily basis. Scott actually admires this as no matter how hard he tries he cannot will his optic blast to cease without the aide of his visor. Jean is dedicated to the cause but deep down she wishes she could just get away from it all and do what she wants without any responsibility.

Warren Wortington III, code named Angel is the heir to a great fortune and is the team member with perhaps the most elitist view of things... And he hate s himself for it. Raised by blue bloods, since his wings sprouted he struggles with rectifying all he's been taught with the new reality that he is now, due to circumstances out of his control, one of the "undesirables" of society. And he knows that's an arrogant and above it all attitude. This internal battle makes him susceptible to arguments about the supposed superiority of mutant kind.

Hank McCoy, code named The Beast, is also a collection of internal struggles. Hank was already an overachiever, having graduated from high school after skipping quite a few grades in middle school. He was a savant, a fourteen year old college freshman when his mutancy manifested itself. He was already an outcast as a genius kid, picked on by bullies, and now he cannot even hide as a normal human being. Hank loves helping other Mutants, but personally, he wishes he wasn't one.

Xavier's team is forced to reveal themselves publicly when Charles is attacked while making an appearance on live TV talking about Mutants. Forced to reveal his power by what at first he believes to be anti-mutant militants it turns out it is actually the Brotherhood led by Magneto. Magneto hopes to make an example of his old friend, unaware of the team that Charles's has put together. Xavier is incapacitated and captured. As an example to all, Magneto declares Xavier a collaborator and traitor to mutant kind that he will execute right after he launches a devastating attack against the U.S. government and the world. Magneto does a lot of this under the guise of an anti-mutant group, so he is playing both sides in hopes of fomenting his "race War".

The team, back at the mansion are begged by Moira to go and help Charles, even though he has often told them that the team's secrecy needs to be inviolate. That is when an unexpected visitor shows up... Nick Fury. Fury lays out the relationship he and Xavier have had, both doing their best to keep a handle on the issues stemming from a rising mutant population. Fury believes Charles is too important to sacrifice, and he knows about the relationship between Magneto and Xavier, filling in the team. Fury knows Charles has asked them to keep themselves hidden but that time is over. Using his resources Fury gives them important info and Intel and then leaves the decision up to the team. They decide to go after Charles and this event, and the thwarting of Magneto and The Brotherhood, marks the full fledged public appearance of the X-Men.

And this appearance doesn't give the Mutants a PR victory. But that doesn't matter. Charles has hammerd into the team that they must do what is right, even in the face of bigotry and hate. Thus, now a known if mysterious presence in the world, the X-Men make their mark in the MCU. The first film I think needs to be kept tight, so the idea of including a sprawling cast of Mutants just to have them isn't in the cards in my mind. By the second film I would also find some way to organically have some, or all of the original five make a guest appearance in some other MCU film. Avengers movie, Spidey sequel, whatever. Just get the audience comfortable with this cast and invested in them and their relationships. So I would go at least two films concentrating on the original five and Xavier before bringing Logan, Kurt, Ororo, and Kitty into the fold and guest shots elsewhere to build up the first team's legacy.

Speaking of Wolverine and Storm...

Hulk Vs. Wolverine: Slash And Smash

Okay... were it up to me I would make the audience wait to see Logan with the team... But I wouldn't leave them completely without any Wolverine. So, however it plays out post A4, I would hope it ends with a Hulk/Banner still on the run and away from the Avengers. Taking a lot of cues from the animated short as well as his first appearance, this would be a film about Logan, a member of Canada's dept.H task force, Alpha Flight (name dropped but not shown) tracking, and attempting to eliminate Bruce Banner, aka, the Hulk. Taking place all across the wilds of Canada, it's a cat and mouse game between Banner and Logan and a third party, the mysterious Weapon X program. Weapon X wants Banner as a living juggernaut of destruction they hope they can control and replicate. Surprisingly Banner has been planning to use Weapon X methods in hopes of taming the Hulk. Logan, unsure of his past gets clues as to how he ended up the way he did tracking Banner/Hulk, who is searching for the various facilities that were used to make Logan who he is. Straight forward with lots of action this film would showcase a fan favorite in the Hulk, while introducing Logan before joining the X-Men. Rather than ending with a ROCKY III freeze frame I think both Banner (and Hulk) leave Logan with a grudging respect and maybe even a bond, as both are men struggling with monsters on the inside made all the worse by careless and cold applications of science. I would release this between Uncanny X-Men 1 and Uncanny X-Men 2, leaving Logan joining the team in the third film. Perhaps a post credit scene showing Logan is at least on the radar of Xavier.

As for Storm...

The King And The Goddess...

We cannot know exactly where Black Panther will be post A4 but we are all pretty young confident we are going to get a sequel. So I say introduce Ororo in there. Integrate her into the plot fully, hint at romantic tension, or have it be a simple cameo but make that connection. T'challa's history with her in this case doesn't have to totally mirror the comics but show that there is an attraction between the two, while also showing that her mutant status complicates their relationship. I am not saying you have to necessarily base the whole film around this (though... Why not?) but show the audience that Storm had a life before becoming a prominent X-Woman as it were. Hell, have Xavier cameo, giving T'challa a peak into her past, as well as establishing Charles and Storm's connection. At the end of said film Storm elects to stay in Africa, but not with T'challa in Wakanda. Sure, it's heart breaking but it leaves open the door for the couple to get together in the future. It's in the third X-Men film that Storm, paying her debt to Charles after he asks for her help, joins the team formally.

That's it in very broad strokes. Start with the first five in the blue and yellow, then showcase Logan and Storm away from the team first. As the story progresses break away from the secret strike team and make the team public super heroes, culminating in them wearing their individualized costumes. Keep the focus on a small cast though. When other characters leave they are replaced. And when they do leave it's not just some off screen deal (Looking at you FoX-Men 3 with your lack of Kurt...) it has some oomph to it. Frankly with them all home now I can get to see Hank leave the X-Men and take up residence with the Avengers.

Look I get everyone has favorites that they want to see, but as the sprawling casts of the Fox films show none are particularly well served by simply having blink and you'll miss them cameos or being background characters with no dialog. Focus on the heroic characters is the MCU way, and that gets diluted when you decide every mutant that ever appeared needs to show up. So... Start small and then build. This will ensure quality and that's all any of us wants from an MCU X-MEN product.

Last edited:
My roster for the first X-Men keeps changing like how I change my clothes. So I am not gonna bother. I just hope they feature the essential X-Men members and no ranndoms like Negasonic Teenage Warhead or X-Men villains like the Mystique.

An openly LGBT character would almost certainly get the movie banned in China though... and Marvel Studios would never do anything that could spite their Chinese masters. Honestly, I don't think we'll ever see a gay character in an MCU movie.

This is a good post.

Will it add anything to the plot? Like if Valkyrie in TR was openly bisexual like Tessa Thompson wanted her to be, would it have added anything? Not really.

Furthermore, if they wanted an open LGBT character, they would have one. They could easily reshoot scenes for China, not a big deal.

My roster for the first X-Men keeps changing like how I change my clothes. So I am not gonna bother. I just hope they feature the essential X-Men members and no ranndoms like Negasonic Teenage Warhead or X-Men villains like the Mystique.
Lol exactly I feel the same, very few of us are gonna predict the exact members Marvel are gonna pick so let's not set ourselves for dissappointment. Ultimately I'll be glad as long as Mystique and Magneto aren't X-Men.

There's like more or less 20 essential members of the X-Men.

1. Cyclops
2. Jean Grey
3. Iceman
4. Angel
5. Beast
6. Havok
7. Polaris
8. Banshee
9. Nightcrawler
10. Storm
11. Wolverine
12. Colossus
13. Shadowcat
14. Rogue
15. Dazzler
16. Psylocke
17. Forge
18. Gambit
19. Bishop
20. Jubilee
21. Emma Frost
22. Professor X

I didn't include Magneto as he's still more as an X-Men villain. They are all set for X-Men 1 to 9. That's not even counting Cable, Magik, Domino, Cannonball, Mirage, Multiple Man and Strong Guy who are the leader/faces of the splinter teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"