Ideal X-Men Roster

zachthegeek

Civilian
Reaction score
Who is your ideal team for the first X-Men MCU movie? I’d say Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Beast, Colossus, Shadowcat. But if that’s too similar to the Dark Phoenix roster, then I’d also like Beast, Storm, Shadowcat, Colossus, Angel, Psylocke. I’d like Iceman on either team, as long as they could fit him in (I don’t want too big of a team) and they wouldn’t make him straight. If he’s gay (and from the beginning this time), it could set him apart from other characters.

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Storm
Sway
Darwin

Perfect blend of diversity

I don't mean to be rude but we do have an xmen forum

I've been discussing MCU xmen since the deal was announced and I've never gotten copped for it. Just go into the xmen sequels section

Naw I only post in fancast thread other than that I'm done with X-Men boards on shh

Why don't we leave the moderator stuff to the actual mods, and not worry about it otherwise?

Edit: Anyway, my second roster would be

Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Gambit
Jubilee
Rachel Summers

Last edited:
Did we really need another thread for this? This could've gone in the MCU X-Men thread.

Straight from the TAS:

3334060-x-men+animated.jpg

Giant Size Roster. You can leave Banshee off. And Maybe swap Sunfire for psylocke. Introduce Rogue and Kitty in the sequel.

My Ideals RN:
MCUXMEN1: Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Warren, Tessa
MCUXMEN2: Scott, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus
MCUXMENBlue: Scott, Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Hank, Jubilee
MCUXMENGold: Storm, Bishop, Gambit, Rogue, Colossus, Psylocke
MCUXMEN3: Scott, Psylocke, Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee

X-Men Une: Scott, Betsy, Jean, Ororo, Rogue, Warren, Bobby, Remy

X-Men dueX: Logan, Kitty, Henry, Xavier, Kurt, Alison, Lorna, Piotr

I'd save Emma, Forge, Alex, Sean, Jubilation and Bishop for the sequels

If I had to make my ideal, iconic team. . .

Hmm. I'd probably go with: Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Shadowcat.

The greatest x-men and the most famous :
Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Iceman Kitty Colossus Jubilee Gambit Rogue Beast Angel Psylocke are the most important x-men members everyone has to keep in mind

These 13 characters are those who stayed in team the longest time since Original5 until now Krakoa era

Ideally, a mix of O5 and Second Genesis:

- Scott Summers / Cyclops
- Jean Grey / Marvel Girl
- Ororo Munroe / Storm
- Bobby Drake / Iceman
- Hank McCoy / Beast
- John Proudstar / Thunderbird

I’m open to other suggestions too but I really want to see Cyclops, Jean, and Storm.

I wouldn’t mind if, in addition to the above-listed team, there’s a “junior” class or group of student characters we also follow:

- Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat
- Jubilation Lee / Jubilee
- Quentin Quire / Kid Omega
- Robert Herman / Glob

Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Storm, Polaris, Nightcrawler, and Colossus

For the first MCU team I’d personally go with:

Cyclops/Scott Summers
Wolverine/Logan
Storm/Ororo Munroe
Gambit/Remy LeBeau
Psylocke/Elisabeth Braddock
Jubilee/Jubilation Lee
Beast/Hank McCoy

That’s a winning team in my book.

Any team that includes Psylocke would be ideal to me. Though in reality, there are so many great and interesting X-Men to just pin it down to 6 to 12 members.

For the first MCU team I’d personally go with:

Cyclops/Scott Summers
Wolverine/Logan
Storm/Ororo Munroe
Gambit/Remy LeBeau
Psylocke/Elisabeth Braddock
Jubilee/Jubilation Lee
Beast/Hank McCoy

That’s a winning team in my book.

Gambit without Rogue feels off to me. I can have Rogue without Gambit, but not vice versa. If we’re going full 90s with it, you might as well swap Storm for Rogue, so it’d be the true Blue line-up from Claremont & Lee.

But if that’s the case, I demand a Storm solo or Disney+ spotlight series.

And I’d hate to see Jean omitted, but after two failed Phoenix attempts, I could see other characters getting prioritized.

If we’re thinking in Avengers terms, we should focus on 5-6 core members, and then introduce new members through 3-4 movies.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I’d combine O5 and Second Genesis rosters. They’re in the late 20s/early 30s and already a team:

- Cyclops
- Marvel Girl
- Storm
- Iceman
- Beast
- Thunderbird

We’d simultaneously follow our student POV character, Kitty Pryde, as she enrolls in Xavier Academy and meets fellow mutant students (Quentin Quire, Glob, etc.)

Somehow the students end up helping the X-Men defeat the Big Bad (fingers crossed for Kato Lykos/Sauron & the U-Men) but Thunderbird will tragically die.

So we have Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Storm, Iceman, and Beast as the faces of the X-Men in the greater MCU moving forward, with Kitty Prude getting to pal around with Ms. Marvel and younger heroes.

Yes, I want to see so many other mutants, but I don’t know if I’d put Psylocke over Jean for example. I’d rather see her first introduced in Excalibur or Captain Britain. I think there’s more interesting stuff over in those properties for Betsy than being the third-string psychic on the X-Men after Jean & Emma.

And of course Wolverine would be in a sequel, or already in his own solo project. Might be easy to adapt parts of Weapon X from Ultimate X-Men in a sequel in order to introduce a lot more mutants into the MCU quickly (Rogue, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Juggernaut for example).

I think 6 Is low for the X-Men, I know there are tons of characters to introduce so maybe a small number is better so they're all given equal spotlight.

I think a smaller "active" team would work if they wanna devote some time to the background students or faculty.

As for who? I'd do 7 for the first film.
1. Iceman
2. Nightcrawler
3. Storm
4. Jean Grey
5. Cyclops
6. Kitty Pryde
7. Colossus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"