Ideal X-Men Roster

Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Beast
Iceman
Kitty
Bishop, who I think should be the POV character of the first film

It depends on the content. X2 had more X-Men and it was much better than X1. If they could juggle 12 X-Men (eXcluding villains/minor roles/humans) and find the right balance, then goooo!

Gambit without Rogue feels off to me. I can have Rogue without Gambit, but not vice versa. If we’re going full 90s with it, you might as well swap Storm for Rogue, so it’d be the true Blue line-up from Claremont & Lee.

But if that’s the case, I demand a Storm solo or Disney+ spotlight series.

And I’d hate to see Jean omitted, but after two failed Phoenix attempts, I could see other characters getting prioritized.

My thing is, I'd rather have Rogue with Mystique/Destiny and give her time as a villain first. All the while, I would even explore a relationship between Remy and Storm. Remember she was the one that originally enlisted him on the team. Rogue can join the X-Men in the sequel movie.

I'd also cast Rogue and Gambit with black actors.

And look I love Jean Grey too, I really do, but I'd rather her be offscreen for a while. She's off the team after a break up with Cykes and they're both trying to do without each other.

But that's just my little narratives lol.

I'd like to see the 97 lineup as the team. They'd sell a lot of merch and toys, and Marvel needs that after retiring Tony, Steve, Hulk, Thor, Guardians and T'Challa.

Casting, perhaps..

Cyclops

cyclp.png

Gambit

gmbt.png

Wolverine

paulmes.png

I do tend to not like the idea of having too many characters to start out with and yet it is tough to pick just a few.

I would definitely like Original 5 + Storm and yet while I like Beast and Iceman Beast has maybe been featured enough already and Iceman maybe has limited room to grow (though so underused so far), I also like Nightcrawler a lot and think he contributes and can grow a lot yet hard to outdo his role in X2, at least to where he wouldn't need to be in the team from start. I like Kitty and Jubilee but if starting with a young cast in general, as would probably be best, it wouldn't make sense to have them from start.

So probably either O5 and Storm, or Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Angel, Colossus and Iceman.

I think with this new iteration they could definitely make use of the Cinematic Universe to more gradually introduce some members.
In the comics, Wolverine was intoduced as an opponent for Hulk, Rogue was an enemy to the Avengers and Ms. Marvel, Psylocke was a supporting character for Captain Britain, etc. I definitely think something like that could help over introducing all the characters exclusively within main X-Men movies.

Really think it’d be fun to see Psylocke in a Doctor Who-like Captain Britain or Excalibur series. An interesting mix of mutants & mysticism.

Not sure on this still, I feel like:
Definites- Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Kitty
Maybes- Bishop, Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, Forge, Angel, Jubilee
Eventually- Wolverine, Jean, Emma, Colossus, Beast

and, Longshots who I'd love to see someday- Monet, Armor, Quentin Quire, Cuckoos, Doug(lock), Marrow, Maggot (yea I said it)

It'd kill me not to see Jean though lol.

But even yesterday on YouTube, I was treated to an ad for Marvel Snap (whatever that is?)--they were promoting a Jean Grey add-on/DLC or some such and, of course, the Phoenix Force was front-and-center. So...maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to let the girl rest a little.

Might as well fancast this thing.

Starring

Paul Mescal as Wolverine

paulms.png

Austin Butler as Gambit

gambit.png

Jacob Elordi as Cyclops

cyke.png

Zoey Deutch as Jean Gray

jg.png

Kiki Layne as Storm

stmr.png

Renee Rapp as Rogue

rr2.png

With

David Oyelowo as The Beast (Mo-Cap)

bst.png

With

Mark Strong as Professor X

prof x.png

And Daniel Craig as Magneto

magn2.png

Marvel Studios Presents..

xe2.png

Rewatching the animated series for the first time, I’m currently up to the Phoenix Saga—season three if I’m not mistaken. As I’ve been watching, the idea of a larger roster suddenly seems so…doable. Maybe Bishop/time travel is a bridge too far for the first film (unless he’s not the central focus), but I think the MCU just needs to dive right in with its mutant characters—

I certainly don’t want them to be copy-and-paste adaptations of the animated series (I don’t like that fan theory for the OG Fox cast either), but it’s not a bad team to start with:

(images are hyperlinked in the actors’ names)

X-MEN
Scott Summers / Cyclops: Connor Swindells, 27
Logan / Wolverine: Paul Mescal, 28
Jean Grey: Maya Hawke, 25
Ororo Munroe / Storm: Kiki Layne, 32
Lucas Bishop: Stephan James, 30
Rogue: Margaret Qualley, 29
Remy LeBeau / Gambit: Austin Butler, 32
Hank McCoy Beast: Jack Quaid, 31
Jubilation Lee / Jubilee: Ella Jay Basco, 17
Professor Charles Xavier: Ewan McGregor, 52

If that’s a lot of characters to start with, use a simpler villain—Sentinels. We don’t need a beat-by-beat remake of Night of the Sentinels but, again, not a bad place to start. Throw in Senator Robert Kelly (or Grayson Creed or Cameron Hodge or Henry Gyrich) & maybe Col. John Wraith (the Ultimate version).

Last edited:
I think the easy solution would be get the basics (the ones who are most well known), get someone who wasn't utilized that much in the movies (Jubilee, Psylocke, Bishop, Dazzler, Banshee) who could potentially break out and become popular and save the overused faces to a sequel (the Wolverine, Jean)

Here's my visual representation of the MCU X-Men I'd cast:

Cyclops/Scott Summers
010b9f70dc4486041a53782a76d1c178.gif

Wolverine/Logan
fe7be1359167244a260664e4e9128253.gif

Storm/Ororo Munroe
tumblr_ec7d485457314dcef663ea872ce88206_a97f4aa3_400.gif

Gambit/Remy LeBeau
louis-de-pointe-du-lac-interview-with-the-vampire.gif

Psylocke/Elisabeth Braddock
elektra.gif

Jubilee/Jubilation Lee
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Beast/Dr. Henry McCoy
tumblr_meyal9wqz11rtlbui540.gif

Professor X/Charles Xavier
hmm-smile.gif

Mr. Feige I'm just sayin...

(images are hyperlinked in the actors’ names)

X-MEN
Scott Summers / Cyclops: Connor Swindells, 27
Logan / Wolverine: Paul Mescal, 28
Jean Grey: Maya Hawke, 25
Ororo Munroe / Storm: Kiki Layne, 32
Lucas Bishop: Stephan James, 30
Rogue: Margaret Qualley, 29
Remy LeBeau / Gambit: Austin Butler, 32
Hank McCoy Beast: Jack Quaid, 31
Jubilation Lee / Jubilee: Ella Jay Basco, 17
Professor Charles Xavier: Ewan McGregor, 52

If that’s a lot of characters to start with, use a simpler villain—Sentinels. We don’t need a beat-by-beat remake of Night of the Sentinels but, again, not a bad place to start. Throw in Senator Robert Kelly (or Grayson Creed or Cameron Hodge or Henry Gyrich) & maybe Col. John Wraith (the Ultimate version).

VILLAINS
Senator Robert Kelly: Cary Elwes, 61
Colonel John Wraith: Mark Strong, 60
Master Mold: Bryce Dallas Howard (voice)

POST CREDIT
Mister Sinister: Javier Bardem, 54

Last edited:
Professor X/Charles Xavier
View attachment 80005

Mr. Feige I'm just sayin...

As I rewatch the animated series, my roommate has been rewatching Breaking Bad. I found myself going to bed at the fly episode in Season 3 (the same point of the series I stopped last time!)

In any case, Giancarlo Esposito is a franchise/blockbuster villain. It's just the role he continues to play in Hollywood--Breaking Bad, The Boys, The Mandalorian. He's even Baxter Stockman in TMNT: Mutant Mayhem lol, and there are definitely more. It would be so radical for him to all of the sudden be the face of the benevolent X-Men, unless the plan is to make Xavier more dubious from the onset which, frankly, I'm tired of. There should be growing pains with him and his students, sure, ("Professor Xavier is a JERK!").

That's not a bad call.

Bolivar_Trask_%28Earth-8096%29_from_Wolverine_and_the_X-Men_%28animated_series%29_Season_1_16.jpg
202072892521_1.jpg

I do think he'd be a good trask, but I think he should really have a big role where he isn't playing a villain. It seems that's all he ever plays now. Besides the ones already mentioned he has also voiced similar villains in projects like Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk Edgerunners and even was Lex Luthor in the Harley Quinn show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"