Medical and Dental Insurance...where to shop?

BAH HUMBBUG!

There's an invisible man
Reaction score
Hey Hypers I'm chiming in again for a little help.

So I have no dental insurance and want to switch my medical since it seems to cover next to anything short of major surgery. Right now I pay around $67 a month for medical coverage but my co-pay is $40 right off the bat and last time I went in just for a routine physical and some blood work I wound up paying more than $200 total.

So my question to everyone/anyone here that can help me out. Where should I shop for dental/medical insurance? I know there are several online websites that provide medical/dental insurance. Does anyone here use these? If so how do you like them? How much do you pay?

Kaiser Permanente is around $160 a month for medical coverage, which I would rather not pay. I would like to keep it between $50-$100 at the most per month for insurance. Of course I know there are other factors such as who I can go see, what kind of coverage etc.

I basically just want to be covered if anything catastrophic happens and still be able to get a check up every so often if need be without having to shell out $200 everytime I go.

Thanks for the help.

Yet another reason America is failing, we make our citizens pay for health care.

No wonder Europe looks down upon us.

I actually really like Bush purposals for Health Care Savings accounts. If you have a stable income, I would heavily reccomend looking into them.

i have kaiser ..so far so good ..though everything is privatized..but my work pays for my insurance and ALL my kids:woot:

your work doesnt provide benefits?????

if not if you dont make enough..

as crappy as it sounds its probably better to go on medical/medicaid(dont know what stat you're in)

i heard that even those tryin to be productive citizens get screwed with health insurance and those "needy"/advantage taking mofo's get away with alot:huh:

sorry probably didnt help much..but good luck

Yet another reason America is failing, we make our citizens pay for health care.

No wonder Europe looks down upon us.

Yup, I agree, but from what I have read/heard those countries that do provide full health care also have higher tax rates. Not saying it's a bad thing...just saying.

i have kaiser ..so far so good ..though everything is privatized..but my work pays for my insurance and ALL my kids:woot:

your work doesnt provide benefits?????

if not if you dont make enough..

as crappy as it sounds its probably better to go on medical/medicaid(dont know what stat you're in)

i heard that even those tryin to be productive citizens get screwed with health insurance and those "needy"/advantage taking mofo's get away with alot:huh:

sorry probably didnt help much..but good luck

No, get this. I live in CA and I work for the city I live in. Heart of silicon valley so we have plenty of money here. I work 25-35 hours per week. Not only myself, but every person in the city with my position, I work in recreation doesn't get any kind of benefits what so ever. Not only that, we get no vacation time, no sick leave, no personal holidays, nothing, zip. And we are employed by the state.

No, get this. I live in CA and I work for the city I live in. Heart of silicon valley so we have plenty of money here. I work 25-35 hours per week. Not only myself, but every person in the city with my position, I work in recreation doesn't get any kind of benefits what so ever. Not only that, we get no vacation time, no sick leave, no personal holidays, nothing, zip. And we are employed by the state.
foreal?? wow that sucks..EVERYONE i know that works for the state has a kickback job ...gets all the holidays including secretaries day:o off... and has KICK ACE benefits..wow thats messed up man...i take it you're not union either:csad:

and working for the state you make too much to apply for medical:cmad:

weak .im sorry dude

foreal?? wow that sucks..EVERYONE i know that works for the state has a kickback job ...gets all the holidays including secretaries day:o off... and has KICK ACE benefits..wow thats messed up man...i take it you're not union either:csad:

and working for the state you make too much to apply for medical:cmad:

weak .im sorry dude

Yeah hella weak. They consider us as-needed so that way they don't have to pay us any benefits or anything. I mean I get paid pretty well, but cost of living is so damn high here that if I tried to buy a house I would have to make at least $80,000 a year take home to be able to afford it.

Nope, no union.

Yeah hella weak. They consider us as-needed so that way they don't have to pay us any benefits or anything. I mean I get paid pretty well, but cost of living is so damn high here that if I tried to buy a house I would have to make at least $80,000 a year take home to be able to afford it.

Nope, no union.
yeah i figured they do some dookie like that ..when i saw your hours worked... you need to work 38 in the eyes of the state to be considered full time:cmad:

some companies pull that mess to avoid paying benefits..i didnt think the state would pull that mess:cmad:

i know what you mean about cost of living... it aint any easier here in LA:csad:

good luck man

yeah i figured they do some dookie like that ..when i saw your hours worked... you need to work 38 in the eyes of the state to be considered full time:cmad:

some companies pull that mess to avoid paying benefits..i didnt think the state would pull that mess:cmad:

i know what you mean about cost of living... it aint any easier here in LA:csad:

good luck man

Nope...even when I work 40 plus hours a week we still don't get any kind of benefits of any kind. It doesn't matter how many hours we work. Hell we just started getting paid time and a half for overtime about a year ago. But now no one gets approval to work more than 40 hours a week.

They screw us big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"