• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Men and Abortion

So killing the kids is a better option? Yeah, and I wonder why hitler has been referanced.

War Lord said:
I'm fine with the women deciding on my behalf whether they have an abortion or not, provided that I can decide on their behalf whether or not I am willing to support the child.

Interesting perspective. Double standards do abound, don't they??

black_dust said:
So if your saying if a woman gets raped by a man and she falls pregnat she has no right to abort the baby even though she was raped and didn`t want it in the first place?

Great question...one that is brought up all the time. I don't answer this easily. Believe me.

Rape is a horrible and traumatic event in the life of any woman who has suffered its indignity. It is the forcible act of sexual intercourse against the will of the woman. Should she become pregnant, not only must she bear the memory of the rape, but she also carries the child of the rapist. The question then is whether or not a woman should abort the baby that is the result of a rape? This is a very difficult question to answer. After all, it is a highly emotional issue. Of course, I am a man and cannot possibly relate nor understand what it would mean to be in the place of a woman whose body has been invaded in such a way. I can only speak from what I know and what I believe about the sanctity of life that is derived from God's word.
In my opinion, a baby that is a product of rape should not be killed. It is not the fault of the baby that it has been brought into the world. Why should the life of the baby be sacrificed because of the indignity suffered against the woman? Yes, I know the rape is horrible and that it is wrong. I know that the woman has the right of self protection and emotional security. But I also know that love is greater than all these things and few things on earth have greater love than a mother for her child.

I know that some will strongly object and say that my attitude is callous and insensitive to the needs of the woman. Indeed, a woman impregnated through rape has suffered greatly and bearing the child would certainly be a reminder of the horrible incident. The "father" would not support the child and the mother would be left to raise the child on her own. Without a doubt, the woman gets the raw end of the deal.
It is only natural, then, for a woman to want to protect herself physically, emotionally, and financially by removing from her very body that which has invaded her through rape. I cannot blame a woman for desiring to justify an abortion intellectually and emotionally in this case. But still, in spite of the great indignity against the woman, and in spite of the emotional and financial hardship she would bear in the future, must the child be required to pay for the sin of the rapist? Is it right to kill the child who is not at fault? Is it right to take the life of someone who has done nothing wrong? In civilized nations, protection of the innocent is a primary concern. In the hearts of mothers, love should win out. Love that sacrifices and gives life instead of taking it should be the goal. Just as Jesus loved us and sacrificed Himself for us so that we might have life, so too should the mother give life to the child. Is it fair? No. Neither was it fair for Jesus to die for us, but He did it anyway. He showed us what true love really is.
But for those who place no credence in God's word nor the sacrifice of Christ, it all comes down to the persons' values. If a woman considers the life in her womb to have human nature, even though it is the product of rape, then she will be more likely to spare its life. However, if she considers what is alive in her to be nothing more than an invasive parasite, then killing it would be easier to do.
In today's world, sterile medical terms are used to describe the life growing in the womb thus making it easier to detach oneself emotionally. "Embryo" and "fetus" are clinical words that do not carry emotional baggage. Terms like "baby" and "child," however, do. Which words do you use?
How can anyone not realize that what is alive in the womb is human in nature. How can anyone so easily dismiss its life.

"That is easy for you to say", you're saying to yourself.
Of course, while sitting here and comfort of my home it is easy for me to urge women to keep the babies who are the product of rape. After all, I don't have to carry the child, suffer the emotional trauma, or bear the financial burden. This is true. The closest I can come to experiencing their situation is to try and imagine what I would do if my wife were raped and impregnated. Years ago I decided that if it happened, I would want to raise the child as my own. I dearly love children and could never simply want to get rid of it. My wife feels the same way.
Jesus showed me His great love by sacrificing His life for me, a sinner. I deserve to be judged harshly by Him, yet He is gracious and kind. So too, I must be gracious and kind in response. Therefore, I would keep any child given to me and raise him or her as my own, with all my love and dedication....by God's grace.

JewishHobbit said:
My sister-in-law was raped and impregnated in highschool. She was scared by it and wanted to get the abortion, but coming from a christian home she was hesitant. She waited too long and couldn't get the abortion and had to go through with it. She had the little girl and it ended up bringing her OUT of the rut she was in from being raped. She since claimed that the girl is the light of her life and that she gets nautious every time she thinks about how she wanted to kill her. Now the girl's about 8 or 9 (I don't know exactly) and she's a cheerleader and a top student at her school. She's the coolest neice an uncle can have and just an all around great kid. Her mother loves her unconditionally and another man has stepped up to be the father... and they're a happy family.

But hey, I have an idea... let's just suck the girls brains out and keep any option of this happening. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I'm one of those people that puts abortion and hitler in the same category.

WOW. THAT IS A POWERFUL TESTIMONY OF WHAT I JUST SAID.

celldog said:
WOW. THAT IS A POWERFUL TESTIMONY OF WHAT I JUST SAID.

Why are you talking in bold capital letters?

Men having no say whatsoever? What if it's their kid?

DareDemon said:
Men having no say whatsoever? What if it's their kid?

This thread is 10 PAGES long. Do you really think that this issue has yet to be discussed? Go back and read the thread if you want to join in.

ampersand said:
This thread is 10 PAGES long. Do you really think that this issue has yet to be discussed? Go back and read the thread if you want to join in.

I read the first few pages, not reading the whole thing. I voiced my opinion. It backs up some other people's opinions, and shows where I stand. Now stop being stupid.

DareDemon said:
I read the first few pages, not reading the whole thing. I voiced my opinion. It backs up some other people's opinions, and shows where I stand. Now stop being stupid.

You asked a question and made no statement of your opinion. So "stop being stupid"

ampersand said:

How about this abortion has been brought up before on these forums and the same thing always happens that always happens. Everyone expreses their opionion, no one agrees with anyone and it just goes around and around and around in circles.

This topic should be left alone here since nothing is ever accomplished.

Well one thing has been accomplished, I have seen Jolie Mendez's my space account and Damn! Jolie is hot. :D :up:

ampersand said:
You asked a question and made no statement of your opinion. So "stop being stupid"

It was obviously a rhetorical question. Sorry you didn't see that.

DareDemon said:
It was obviously rhetorical question. Sorry you didn't see that.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but that doesn't voice a well thought out opinion. What you posted could have been changed to "Men not having a say in abortion is stupid"

ampersand said:
I know it was a rhetorical question, but that doesn't voice a well thought out opinion. What you posted could have been changed to "Men not having a say in abortion is stupid"

I think the way I did it proves my point better than just saying it's stupid. It's making the person reading think what their reasons are, and hopefully persuade them into thinking my line of thought, which is what debate is all about.

DareDemon said:
I think the way I did it proves my point better than just saying it's stupid. It's making the person reading think what their reasons are, and hopefully persuade them into thinking my line of thought, which is what debate is all about.

Which brings us right back to my original point. Many intelligent, well thought-out posts have already been made on that subject in this thread. Now, with posts like yours, we go back to square one because people see your post and respond to it, repeating exactly what has already been said in this thread. Bah Humbug was right, all these threads just go in circles.

ampersand said:
Which brings us right back to my original point. Many intelligent, well thought-out posts have already been made on that subject in this thread. Now, with posts like yours, we go back to square one because people see your post and respond to it, repeating exactly what has already been said in this thread. Bah Humbug was right, all these threads just go in circles.

Yes, yes they do. It's really pointless, I mean the title should be, express your opinion on abortion and leave it at that. I mean if this topic can't be discussed out in society without an resolve, why is it going to happen here?

So, yeah Jolie is hot :D

ampersand said:

Yes, these threads do go in circles, which is why I usually don't post in them at all or I only make a few posts. I'm already over my limit, so this will be my last one. I won't even read anything after this.

Like I said, I only voiced my opinion to show that another person thought that a man should have input into his own child being killed. Not to further any point, just to show another person was on whatever side.

Abaddon said:
It's his/her thing. Sort of like N8's purple text.

Why do all the new compassionate conservatives of the board need some sort of text gimmick?

Originally Posted by JLBats
Why are you talking in bold capital letters?

It's his/her thing. Sort of like N8's purple text.

Like typing in bold capital letters somehow says something about your personality. Idiotic.

SickBoy said:
That's what i am wondering about. How many kids are put up for adoption each year? how many more would do you think there would be if abortion became illegal? And what percentage of these kids actually end up getting adopted? This is all very important stuff to consider. I dont know but i imagine that Abaddon you are right and the foster care system would be overloaded.

They're are already plenty of kids in the system all over the U.S. who never find permanent homes. Though to be fair,I do think it's more likely couples are willing to adopt babies than older children.

JewishHobbit So killing the kids is a better option? Yeah, and I wonder why hitler has been referanced.

If you believe its morally wrong,then there's no convincing you otherwise. I'm not seeing much in the way of alternatives.

JLBats said:
Why do all the new compassionate conservatives of the board need some sort of text gimmick?

http://www.borked.us/attention_****e3.jpg
That's why

kainedamo said:
Like typing in bold capital letters somehow says something about your personality. Idiotic.

It might,but that wasn't even the implication.:o

celldog said:
All living things are a group of cells. But "collectively" they form a living human being.

We have to de-humanize these babies in some way, to justify killing them. Not unlike hitler doing that to Jews. They weren't killing humans...in their perversion, Jews were sub-human. So were blacks back in the day.

The un-born are the new targets for this de-humanization.
It's sad.
24weekfetus.jpg

so by your logic, you're saying that a group of about 4 cells is a human being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"