Mercy Reef aka Aquaman No More?!

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by user123456789, May 16, 2006.

1. user123456789 Registered

From www.kryptonsite.com

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smallville Picked Up For Season Six

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As if there would be any doubt... Smallville will definitely be on the CW's Fall 2006 schedule for its sixth season, to premiere mostly likely in September.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The CW will be making their formal announcements on Thursday, May 18. We're assuming that Smallville will continue to anchor Thursday nights in the 8PM time slot.

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately, we also have some bad news to share: It appears that the Millar-Gough Aquaman TV project is sunk, and that The CW has passed on the project. This is quite unfortunate considering the amount of Internet buzz and press the project had achieved; we can only imagine this is due to the competitive nature of the WB-UPN merger. Official confirmations should come on Thursday when the schedule is announced.[/FONT]​

2. boydston_14 Registered

You know, I would at least like to know what this show would have been like. Did they already film the pilot? Do you think (if they have filmed it), the pilot could be released on DVD?

3. Hades Guest

Not very suprising.

4. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Nope its not. Did anyone really think this series was going to get off the ground? Even if this series had Emmy written all over it, its still a show about Aquaman, and Aquaman to the general public is still a joke. Personally, I like Aquaman, and think the last few years in the comics, hes become pretty interesting. Still, this series would have required a huge budget just like Smallville, and I can understand if the big wigs felt nervous about pouring money into a big budget The OC/Superhero hybrid about Aquaman.

5. Red King Littlefinger

Oh well.

6. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

Unless they were going to undergo some serious re-tooling from what they made AC appear to be on Smallville, I'm happy this thing won't see the light of day. I believe there is potential for the idea, but it would have strayed far from 'Aquabruh'.

7. Duende Verde Registered

8. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

The show would've been lousy and cancelled anyway. Better to save Aquaman's 5 fans the pain.:(

9. Gamma Ray Registered

It would have been a dude walking around in a speedo the whole time. We're better off.

10. Red Mask Human Killing Machine

Another one bites the dust.

11. Venom71 Registered

Question...will the WB automaticly change to The CW? I mean I get the WB now..will it automaticly switch to CW at some point or will it only be available in some areas? Anyone know?:confused:

12. blind_fury Registered

If CW passed on it, it must've sucked pretty bad.

13. pspring5 Registered

what if they just wanna wait till smallville ends. why have 2 superhero series. it'll get kinda abundant. because they know aquaman would do good. also i think it could do good because not too many people know about aquaman so they could bend the rules a little bit like small smallville and get away with it.

14. Gamma Ray Registered

What will happen to the WB11 News at Ten in NY with Kaity Tong and Jim Watkins? Will it just become the CW11 News at Ten?

15. Mrh7448 I am not a Side Kick

Well considering they had 3 Star Trek shows going at once, I don't think having 2 superhero shows would be frowned upon.

I just don't think Aquaman is a popular enough character to have carry their own show, they were trying to capitalize on stuff like the OC and Laguna Beach and that kind of crap and hoping it would fly.

Personally I'm not a big of Smallville either, there were a few things I liked but a lot I didn't and didn't watch it that much. Still would have liked to have seen Bruce Wayne show up in an episode at some point.

They already did the flash they should of used him to come up with a series based on that.

16. KenK Registered

Basically. I already know I wouldn't have been watching it.

Five seasons and no Bruce Wayne makes me :mad: !!! Perry White's made an appearance for cryin' out loud!! next thing you know, some chick's gonna come to Smallville with a toddler son named Jimmy Olsen!!

His appearance on Smallville was a lot cooler than "A.C's". What a freakin' tool!:mad: :down

17. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

No Mercy Reef you say?!...

...Oh well, It would've been cancelled anyway.
    At least I pretended like I cared about this show. :D

Poor Ving Rhames.

:(

18. The Kid AMERICA FTW

Poor AM, he gets no respect

19. KenK Registered

This man hasn't gotten a fair shake since Superfriends!

20. amazingfantasy15 Registered

Think it's funny they say the series had strong internet buzz. Was anyone actually looking forward to this show?

21. Spider-Gamer Registered

I was. :o

22. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I always here that theres "buzz" about a show. Half the time I think the "buzz" is coming from the creator's own little hype machine.

23. Nibune Registered

This SUCKS!!!

and not that i cared necessarily for an Aquaman show.
    HOWEVER the instant they announced it, and embargo was placed upon the aquaman character
    What did this effect you may ask?

Justice League Unlimited

Aquaman would no doubt have been present during the last battle for the series, and only reason they couldnt use his character was because of " Mercy Reef "
    Kinda sucks for Hartley, he left his soap opera to persue the show... :/

24. jaydawg Registered

Yeah, thats the one thing that honestly bothers me about this pass. It ****ed up Aquaman's set apperances in JLU. Because of this, he got denied from two seasons. TWO!! There were at least 3 episodes he would have appeared in and we didnt get it. What bull****.

25. bengali The new Thundercat Lord!

This blows! I liked the idea, Aquaman is a great superhero, i don't get why this show would be so bad, smallville is great but it could be better! the story is messed up with Lois and him already knowing each other and stuff. so come on it has potential to be something worth while. why do they knock things down before they even try? just because Superman is the greatest super power of all time and has the biggest following doesn't mean that only he deserves a show. why not have Dianna Prince come visit smallville and then make a show about her years on Paradise island growing up, and then Clark having doubts about her intentions for being in metropolis, or is that just not good enough either? i love superman, and he deserves his Props no doubt, but try some other heroes on for size as well, don't they deserve a chance, other then just being a cameo to the best hero of all?:mad: