Revenge of the Fallen Michael Bay out of the way!

The 1st ILM test is just a fair attempt.
If you search the early animation of Bay-Prime you'd scream!

I remember reading about the ideas the production team had about the transformers. They wanted to make them emote, but didnt know how. They thought about liquid quicksilver faces and Bay said no (thank you Bay) and they eventually came up with this solution. I mean, look at them! Their faces are amazing! They have moving cheeks, eyelids, everything!
And Ironhide is like a puma, Bee is like he is wearing a pilot's helmet and mask, Starscream is like a rodent and Megs is monstrous! I love them!

On another note, my only worry is that this time we wont get this sense of amazement. Sure some bots will be bigger and there will be more explosions, but there wont be this sense of aw and those goosebumps we got when Prime first transformed.

Prime's lips are awful.
Many Decepticons have shark-teeth and that's stupid for a robot (do they eat meat?)

No, its because the bonnet becomes the bot's legs, the passenger space becomes the torso and the trunk becomes the hands. Simple as that.

In my view, Bay's transformers are not only cool to look at, they also have variety in shape (sideways and bonecrusher have rollers, that constructicon is a unicycle, starscream is a chicken, Devastator is a.... dinosaur?), their transformations are stunning and they can transform parts of their hands to make weapons (which is awesome and makes perfect sense).
Yeah Starscream looking like a chicken isn't a good thing. There's no need for robots to look like dinosaurs. That's why we have the Dinobots. Transformers are supposed to have humanoid robot forms to parallel humans. Their alt forms are where they appear to be something foreign like an animal or a vehicle. And bumblebee having a blaster for a hand is not a mind blowing addition. It's rather basic.

I also like how Bay did his own thing with some of them. I love how Bumblebee isnt the short weakling autobot anymore (and i also love his cute personna), i love Jetfire (from what i have seen till now), Prime is just majestic and Megatron is scary as the devil.
Bumblebee is still a runt but having him as a nerdy friend of Sam made the character more relatable. It was as if the only Autobot who could truly relate to Sam was a pacifist and a geek. Jetfire looks silly with his wulrus stache and cane. Nothing Bay did made him anymore majestic ("My bad"?). And Megatron looks like a run-of-the-mill monster. Gone was the humanoid for that made him look like he had a nazi helmet on wih his sadistic grin. His giant arm bazooka was iconic and a powerful image of a warlord. Now he looks like a monster you'd find in a sci-fi channel original. Gone is any parallel you'd find to an evil dictator of human history which made the character far more symbolic.

So machines should have fangs simply because they're from another planet?:huh:

That's some really advanced reverse-engineering you've done there.

People, you can't look for what we would consider evolutionary purpose in robots from space.

So machines should have fangs simply because they're from another planet?:huh:

That's some really advanced reverse-engineering you've done there.

Or maybe they do eat. Who knows. They ARE Aliens. They feel, they hurt, they arent "robots".

People, you can't look for what we would consider evolutionary purpose in robots from space.
Their planet is mechanical and their evolution is mechanical.

It's an advanced concept that hasn't been explored in the movies.

Or maybe they do eat. Who knows. They ARE Aliens. They feel, they hurt, they arent "robots".
They're aliens but they're also machines.

and they're bit more advanced than using fangs to bite. bad place even humans have evolved beyond fangs. Why would machines who feed on raw energy need them.

Besides, Decepticons were better when they seemed like close relatives of the Autobot. It was brother fighting brother in a civil war. Now it's like the Autobots are fighting another species entirely.

Their planet is mechanical and their evolution is mechanical.

It's an advanced concept that hasn't been explored in the movies.

Yes, the history of their species in regard to their physical bodies has not been explored. That's why it's pointless to presuppose some sort of evolution by natural selection.

I'm actually happy to hear this. I'm not a Bay hater like a lot of people. I love most of his films, but I do want to see a new vision for the third movie. I don't think Transformers is the kind of movie like X-Men or Batman where it was planned as a trilogy so I think it's harder for a new director to screw it up. I also think these movies are too long, they should be about 2 hours and there were so many scenes from the first movie that I just thought could've been removed or shortened to keep the pace of the movie going.

Yes, the history of their species in regard to their physical bodies has not been explored. That's why it's pointless to presuppose some sort of evolution by natural selection.
Certainly we can speculate the evolutionary purpose of fangs on a robot.

We know the decepticons were military and the autobots were worker/scientist.

I'm not sure why a military leader would need fangs outside of their alt form.

Maybe they eat ****. ****, they're robots who transform into things. Based of a damn toy line, and a 30 minute commercial for the toys.

Who gives a flying ****!

There are quality sci-fi stories wating to be explored in the Transformers as the extensive comic book series proves.

You need to get over the "omg teh toy-linez".

Star Wars could've been created to sell toys. Does that negate the Star Wars mythology and characters? Pirates of the Caribbean is based on a theme park ride. Does that mean fans can't discuss the characters???

"omg itz teh theme park ridez"

How can Megatron turn from a 10 foot gun to a 30 foot robot. Explain.

Although it would be nice to get a different director for TF3, I just don't see it happening. I don't think Bay would let another director to take a crack at something that has made him popular again after the fiasco of The Island and his departure from Bruckheimer. Unless Paramount makes an official announcement for a new director, I won't put too much stock on this story.

Certainly we can speculate the evolutionary purpose of fangs on a robot.

We know the decepticons were military and the autobots were worker/scientist.

I'm not sure why a military leader would need fangs outside of their alt form.

Probably for the same reason Samurai wore masks with fangs, if I had to guess at it. The point is, you're assuming the fangs evolved with zero reason to so. We don't know if these things evolve at all. The fangs could be their version of cosmetic surgery for all we know. Just something they like that doesn't serve any purpose; an adornment of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"