Michael Bay Producing "Dora The Explorer" Movie

Two questions:

Does the backpack talk?

And do they give a real world explanation of Swipey?

The backpack talks twice. Once at the beginning when she's still 6 and imaginative, so it's like her imagination that it talks. Then it talks again when they inhale spores and go on an acid trip. They all start to take on an animated cartoon look, and the backpack starts talking again.

No real world explanation for Swiper. Somehow a talking fox that wears a mask exists. One of the other character notices how ridiculous it is for a fox to want to be anonymous. The other bad guys can clearly hear him speak as well. Temeura Morrison's character at one point tells him to stop singing because it's unprofessional.

The backpack talks twice. Once at the beginning when she's still 6 and imaginative, so it's like her imagination that it talks. Then it talks again when they inhale spores and go on an acid trip. They all start to take on an animated cartoon look, and the backpack starts talking again.

No real world explanation for Swiper. Somehow a talking fox that wears a mask exists. One of the other character notices how ridiculous it is for a fox to want to be anonymous. The other bad guys can clearly hear him speak as well. Temeura Morrison's character at one point tells him to stop singing because it's unprofessional.

Swiper had such a distinctive voice in the cartoon, especially when he said "oh man!!!". Does he sound just like Benicio Del Toro or does he put on a voice like Bradley Cooper does for Rocket? In fact, Rocket kind of sounds like cartoon Swiper.

Swiper had such a distinctive voice in the cartoon, especially when he said "oh man!!!". Does he sound just like Benicio Del Toro or does he put on a voice like Bradley Cooper does for Rocket? In fact, Rocket kind of sounds like cartoon Swiper.

If it's important to you, he sounds nothing like the cartoon. It honestly sounds like they followed Benicio del Toro around and recorded sounds of him generally grunting or talking in his sleep.

Which honestly makes it funnier if you view the whole movie as kind of a satire.

This WAS FUN!

I love the singing especially the first scene! This is a cute movie. My only criticism is it looked like a budget movie especially the sets and the cgi for Swiper/Boots didn't look so great in some of the scenes.

I wish more people are seeing this and that Paramount promoted this a lot better because it deserves better box office numbers.

I actually enjoyed this. I appreciated it was very self-aware but still found the right balance of not being faithful to the source material. The lead actress was perfect for the role and really carried this movie. It was about 15 minutes too long but I’d watch a sequel.

Definitely a cute movie. I enjoyed this.

Now for the sequel Dora will hafta get older and Paramount gonna hafta do a proper Michael Bay produced Explorer movie. That would be awesome.

Definitely a cute movie. I enjoyed this.

Now for the sequel Dora will hafta get older and Paramount gonna hafta do a proper Michael Bay produced Explorer movie. That would be awesome.

Michael Bay wasn't even involved with this one :funny:

But an adult, sexually awakened, hot pants wearing, Michael Bay directed Dora blowing **** up? I'm in!

Last edited:
Michael Bay wasn't even involved with this one :funny:

Yup. Folks were worried about nothing with his involvement. This was rather sweet and totally a kiddie feature.

But an adulti, sexually awakened, hot pants wearing, Michael Bay directed Dora blowing **** up? I'm in!

Imagine the low brow, self aware innuendos. Bay would make it a classic.

Who would be Bay's Dora tho?? :thf: Did Bay patch things up with Megan Fox?? She was in the TMNT reboot after all.

Last edited:
Megan Fox is EXACTLY who I had in mind!

It was an enjoyable kiddies movie, but I definitely think the CGI for Boots and Swiper could've been better.

It was a little reminiscent of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle in that a bunch of people were banded together (apart from Dora and Diego) who were very different but then became friends at the end.

Sammy, Diego's love interest, never wiped her ass after the poo song. That seemed rather gross. What if it were a messy poo? She'd have skid marks. She didn't even seem prepared for it, even if they didn't have to make a run suddenly. No toilet paper (it wasn't like people were hoarding for a pandemic at the time) or even any leaves. She didn't even wash her hands after that.

Who would be Bay's Dora tho?? :thf: Did Bay patch things up with Megan Fox?? She was in the TMNT reboot after all.

To be fair, Bay cast the actress who plays Dora in the last Transformers movie of his before she was cast in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"